Summer saga

From red to black then baby blue

NOTE : THIS IS A FLASHBACK KINDA THING 

 

It was the day of the University’s fund raising for an orphanage. Each interest group was in charge of a carnival booth, So hee was helping out with design club and jongin the soccer booth of course.

 

So hee sighed as her booth remained unvisited, she had been seated next to the floating rubber duckies for the past hour. Poking at them, she couldn’t wait for her lunch break. She was going out for lunch with Jongin, he had found a small restaurant that sold amazing fried chicken.

 

With booths ranging from soccer (full of hot guys), popcorn and can throwing, fishing out rubber ducks from a kiddy pool was not the most exciting and was severely lacking good-looking dudes.

 

The annual fund raising was well known for a particular event, “Confession corner.” Students could donate any amount and confess something anonymously to the entire school, some confessed to their crush others confessed pranks they had pulled. All the students enjoyed listening out for the juicy stories, scheduled to start at 12.30 So hee was impatient to be entertained by anything. Jongin was meeting her at her booth around that time too.

 

 

Jongin thought So hee looked so good, with her long hair in a nice braid and a pair of white sneakers donning her feet. He didn’t know why she just looked so much better that day or if he was dehydrated from standing under sun for hours.

 

He stood a few booths away from so hee, admiring her like a creep, she was collecting money from a mother that paid for her child to try out the game.

 

“ It’s time for confession corner! Do we have juicy stories and sweet confessions for you. To start off the carnival with a little sugar, let’s start with a confession.”

 

Jongin started strolling towards her, a grin on his face when he saw so hee happily pass the little boy a small bunny even though he didn’t win.

 

“ Dear Yoon So Hee…”

 

Jongin froze, his grin wiped off his face. He saw So Hee freeze as she looked around shocked.

 

“ You’re the sweetest, prettiest and most down to earth girl I know. Even though you have a sharp tongue you know how to say the right things. A trait of a truly skilled lawyer.

 

Will you be my girlfriend?

 

I really like you.

 

Love,

 

Your cute soccer boy”

 

Jongin watched as so hees face turned red as the message progressed and breaking into a sheepish smile at the end.

 

Hyungsik must have sent that message because it wasn’t from him.

 

Just a few days prior Hyungsik had asked Jongin if So Hee was taken to which he replied with a curt no.

 

Jongin was heartbroken, he had missed the chance he never had.

 

Turning away from the smiling So Hee he walked off the campus, alone.

 

 

 

 So hee was over the moon. Was it true? did Jongin truly have a crush on her? She couldn’t believe it, she had only recently realized her feelings for her good friend and didn’t know how to approach it. After hearing the confession she was determined to find Jongin and scream yes!

 

Speaking of Jongin, where was he? He was supposed to pick her up fifteen minutes ago. Furrowing her brows she grabbed ended her shift, grabbed her bag and made her way to the soccer booth. She could hear the wolf whistles as she approached causing her cheeks to flame once again.

 

Before she could call out for Jongin, she was tackled into a hug. Looking up to see the culprit her eyes widened, HYUNGSIK?

 

He looked at her with a smirk on his face,” I knew you would say yes.”

 

Throughly confused So hee gently pushed him off before muttering a soft “I don’t get it.”

 

Hyungsik chuckled, “My confession, you’re saying yes aren’t you, if not you wouldn’t be here.”

 

So hee’s mind whirled, Hyungsik had confessed to her not Jongin. She all the hope and happiness she felt crash down.

 

He didn’t confess, Hyungsik did.

 

She felt so cheated, emotions coming over her she croaked out a soft “I’m so sorry.” Before running off with a few tears escaping her eyes.

 

She was so excited that Jongin had confessed but she was wrong.

 

So so wrong.

 

 

Jongin felt his heart drop as Hyungsik tackled So hee into a hug, he had returned after cooling down. Only to be greeted by the upsetting sight.

 

Like a loser he had turned back around to leave once again, until he saw a girl with a brain run past him tears pouring out of her eyes.

 

S-so H-ee?

 

Why was she crying?

 

More upset to see her crying than with her new boyfriend he ran after her. Turning a corner, he saw her squatting in a deserted area of the campus, her tears staining her jeans a dark blue.

 

Approaching her, So hee suddenly looked up before bursting into more tears.

 

So hee hid herself from the school crying by herself in a corner. Suddenly realizing she wasn’t alone she looked at the person invading her personal time, Jongin.

 

Seeing his face made her cry even harder. He didn’t like her.

 

“Hey what happened?”

 

He was now squatting next to so hee, eyes worried as she continued crying.

 

So hee felt stupid crying over a mistaken confession that would never happen. She refused to look at Jongin even going to the extent of muttering a soft “go away.” and feebly pushing him away.

 

“come on so hee tell me what’s wrong.”

 

He pressed as he softly her heard.

 

So hee hated that he was so caring towards her, it made her expect more from their platonic relationship. She shook her head pushing his hand off in the process.

 

“I’m just worried.”

 

He mumbled slightly hurt that she pushed him away.

 

Determined, he asked one last time.

 

“Why are you crying? Need me to beat anyone up?”

 

He jokingly added.

 

So hee snapped irritated that he was being so nice.

 

“YOU’RE MY PROBLEM!”

 

She screamed, throwing a glare at Jongin.

 

Startled, he fell backwards.

 

“I’M CRYING BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS YOU THAT CONFESSED TO ME. AND NOW WE CAN’T BE FRIENDS ANYMORE BECAUSE I HAVE A CRUSH ON YOU. A HUGE CRUSH!”

 

So hee yelled as more tears flowed.

 

Shook was an understatement, Jongin was frozen from both disbelief and happiness.

 

“SEE WE CAN’T BE FRIENDS ANYMORE. YOU CAN’T EVEN LOOK AT ME IN THE EYES ANYMORE”

 

So hee was so upset that she had just lost a great friend. She wished she could control her emotions and stop liking him. But the feeling of euphoria that washed over her when she sees him smile at her made her heart stop on multiple occasions. She couldn’t help it, he was so beautiful, inside and out.

 

So hee stromed off not wanting to see the boy’s face anymore.

 

Before she could take another step, she was pulled back.

 

Jongin looked at her straight in the eye, a determined look on his face.

 

“You’re right, we can’t be friends anymore. But I would love for you to be my girlfriend.”

 

So hee was frozen, her eyes wide.

 

“I mean if you want to, no pressure. But consider it please.”

 

He rambled an embarrassed look on his face as his cheeks flamed red.

 

Still waiting for a response, he quickly pecked her on the cheek.

 

“please?”