Chapter 4 - Downfall

From red to black then baby blue

Chapter4

 

"Jongin can we go to the park and for a walk tonight? "

 

So Hee typed and quickly sent the message before she changed her mind.

 

Two hours later her phone beeped.

 

"Ok"

 

Grinning, she typed a cheery reply.

 

She wasn't going to back down now. It took her weeks to convince herself. She was going to confront jongin about his personal assistant. So Hee was going to tell him the truth.

 

Her heart had many hairline fractures. Tonight, she was going to mend them.

 

Sitting on the bench she sniffled. She arrived fifteen minutes early to prep herself. Her speech on repeat in her brain.

 

An hour passed, and there was no sign of her Husband. Shivering, she stood up to get her blood circulating. Sitting on a metal bench in the middle of winter wasn't the most ideal situation.

 

Suddenly her phone beeped.

 

"No."

 

She whispered before she unlocked her phone.

 

"Jongin won't be able to make it today. Something came up."

 

It wasn't even from him. It was from her. The cause of all her distress.

 

 

Jongin and So hee had been married for a year and a half. Things hadn’t been smooth sailing. His mother didn’t like her.

 

Jongin didn’t care and got married to So hee anyway, much his mother’s disapproval. When she thought things couldn’t get any worse, his mother continued introducing pretty girls to him even after they got married. It had been okay in the beginning as he didn’t spare them a glance. He would assure So hee that she was the only one from him. That was until she hired jongin a new personal assistant and the rest was history.

 

As the financial year was beginning, jongin was stressed making preparations for a new year. He had barely been at home for the past few months and if he was he would usually be drunk and reeking of alcohol.

 

This wasn’t the cause if her worries, it was his personal assistant that trailed him wherever he went. She never failed to send so hee a sly smirk whenever she was with her husband. Hana was slim, smart and capable. So hee knew that lady was bent on making her life a living hell, and she did.

 

She could feel Jongins fading love for her.

______________________________________

 

Another crack had formed. He didn't even bother to personally message her. He had let her wait an hour in seoul’s freezing winter, he didn’t care.

 

Hands shaking, she opened up that woman's Instagram account.

 

Pressing on the woman's Instagram story, a tear traced down her cheek. That idiot.

 

There he was, drinking with a grin on his face. They even took a selfie together.

 

So Hee cried.

 

Her heart shattered.

 

"I hate you Kim Jong in.

 

 

“Jongin’s sorry he couldn’t make it.”

 

That woman smirked she guided jongin onto the couch.

 

So Hee pulled a tight smile.

 

“Thank you for bringing him home safe.”

 

Hana nodded before sashaying off.

 

“So Hee Unnie. I pity you.”

 

She shouted before leaving the house.

 

So Hee was calm.

 

She wasn’t going to react, she had lost the battle months ago.

 

She had lost him months ago.

 

Sighing she arranged his body neatly on the sofa before pulling a blanket over his body.

 

As she placed pillows under his head. A bright red mark caught her eye.

What’s that on his collar?

 

So Hee cringed, lipstick.

 

After making sure he was comfortable, she quickly ran back to the master bedroom.

 

On the floor lay an open luggage, half full with clothes.

 

So Hee grabbed the remaining clothes from the closet with a newfound urgency.

 

She was going to leave and she was leaving now.

——————————————

 

Jongin groaned as he rolled off the sofa and onto the floor.

 

His head pounded as the after effects of drinking got to him.

 

Groaning he staggered towards the kitchen.

 

On the island was a thermos flask.

 

Knowing his Wife, jongin knew it was coffee.

 

Quickly pouring himself a cup, he sighed in relief.

 

His wife made the best coffee.

 

Speaking of his Wife, where was she?

 

Stretching, Jong in called out,

 

“So Hee ah. Can you help me?”

 

He was greeted with silence.

 

Confused he looked at the clock, 2pm.

 

She never left the house in the afternoon.

 

“So Hee? “

 

He called out again as he walked into the master bedroom.

 

Shrugging he assumed she had something urgent to do.

 

Strolling into the bathroom, jongin furrowed his brows.

 

Where are her cosmetics?

 

Opening the cupboards, he realised any trace of feminine products was gone.

 

Jong in froze.

 

No.

 

Running to the wardrobe his heart stopped.

 

Where are her clothes?

 

Now he was awake.

 

Returning to the island he spotted a piece of paper on the table.

 

Grabbing it his eyes scanned the paper before running towards the stairs main door.

 

Just as stated, a brown envelope lay on the floor.

 

Hands shaking, he picked up the envelope.

 

Reaching in he felt something cold.

 

Pulling out the item he gasped.

 

It was her wedding ring.

 

Shaking out the remaining contents, he was greeted by half-filled divorce papers.

 

Where did we go wrong?