Chapter Three

Wandering Heart

Baekhyun brushed up his bangs that fell on his forehead and stretched out the muscles in his arms. He just went out of the laundry shop where he dropped off all the dirty clothes that he gathered in Yixing’s house. It’s because he can’t stand seeing dirty places.

He grew up with maids cleaning and doing things for him but he still knows how to clean a house. That’s why after cleaning Yixing’s house, he picked up all his dirty clothes and went to the nearest laundry shop in their condominium complex.

“Baekhyun?”

He looked at the voice who called him. A beautiful woman emerged from a car.

“Byun Baekhyun? Oh, my gosh! Is that really you? What happened to you, my dear?”

“Excuse me?”

“Hey, don’t tell me you don’t remember me? It’s me, Siyeon.”

He placed the big plastic bag that he is carrying after he recognized the woman. “Choi Siyeon. Of course, I remember you. You were the highschool cheerleader captain of Seoul International School.”

She raised her head. A proud look is evident on her face. It seems like it was an achievement for her to be recognized after years have passed. “So, how’s Seoul International School’s most handsome face?” she asked him, and gave his plastic bag a disgusted look. “Ah, how’s married life doing? It seems like… you’re enjoying it!”

“Married life? Ah, no. I’m not married.” Siyeon’s forehead knotted so he immediately replied. “Yet. My boyfriend hasn’t proposed yet so, well… you know.”

“Oh…”

Baekhyun looked at the bag that he was holding that Siyeon was staring at since they met. “Our… clothes. My boyfriend’s and mine. He has a lot of work that’s why he wasn’t able to go with me to–”

“Do you know I married Park Jaehwa last year?” Siyeon interrupted.

“No.”

“Of course you know Park Jaehwa, right?”

Baekhyun thinks for a while. “Sorry. I don’t know him.”

“He was Seoul International’s polo captain!” It seems like Siyeon didn’t like what he said.

“Oh, really? There was a polo team in our school?”

“But I also divorced him last year. Now, I’m Mrs. Lee Seungwoo.”

“Lee Seungwoo? The owner of Lee Trading?”

“Yep.” Siyeon had a satisfied look on her face as she turned to a car nearby. “He gave me that Audi as a wedding present. Pretty, right? That’s expensive.”

“Yeah. That’s indeed expensive.”

“Of course. Seungwoo wants all the best for his beautiful wife. Ah, Baekkie, if you want a decent job, here’s my calling card. I’m sure my husband would find a suitable job for you.”

“But I don’t need a job.”

Siyeon insisted on giving her calling card to him. “There’s nothing to be embarrassed when you’re that poor. It’s okay. And I’m glad I can help you straighten up your life. I’m not selfish with the opportunities I’m getting. Anyway, it’s not your fault if you fell in love with the wrong man. Don’t worry, someday you’ll have a car as beautiful as mine so don’t be envious.”

Baekhyun just looked at her in question. What did she mean by that? But before he can ask Siyeon for any explanation, he felt that a heavy weight is being lifted off of him. When he looked at his laundry, he saw Yixing. With paper cup in hand, he swung the plastic bag over his shoulder like it was nothing. He looked at Siyeon with knotted forehead before looking at him.

“It’s not nice to take someone else’s belongings.” Yixing said to him. “I allowed you to go inside my house but that doesn’t include you touching my stuff. I didn’t give you any permission to do that.”

“I just want to—”

“Baekkie, I didn’t know you could be this low.” Siyeon interrupted. “Trespassing, and now robbery? How miserable your life can get? I really pity you.” She took something from her purse and gave it to him.

He’s still puzzled but he accepted the money anyways. “I don’t need this.” He returned the money back to Siyeon when he realized he shouldn’t have accepted it. “Thanks, anyway.”

“No, it’s okay. That’s yours. So that it can help you in any way.” She smiled at him.

“Huh?”

Baekhyun felt that Yixing left beside him. He just let the man be because he might lash out on him for what he did with his clothes. It was really his fault. But he was surprised when Siyeon screamed.

“My car!” She immediately went to her car. “What did you do to my car? Do you have an idea how much is this?!” She was telling Yixing off because the contents of his paper cup spilled on the car. “Your life would never be enough for payment of this car! How can you be so careless, you filthy person!”

“Siyeon, come on.” Baekhyun went to her. She doesn’t have any right to talk to Yixing like that. “You could just purchase another car if you’re so concerned about the coffee stain.”

“I just purchased this car!”

“That’s what exactly I would do if coffee spilled on my car.”

“You don’t have money. How can you buy a car?”

Baekhyun laughed. “I know my family’s rich but I’ve been saving my own money since I started working back in college. My car isn’t as new as yours, but I’m still satisfied with the performance of my Ferrari.”

“What? Ferrari?”

“Yeah.” Baekhyun pointed at the parked Ferrari at the other side of the street. “It’s right over there. The red one. I purchased it three months ago so it’s not as new as your Audi. Siyeon, you’re going already?”

She didn’t bother to answer anymore. She just walked away instead and went inside her car and went away.

“Oh, she left already. I was just about to recommend a good car sales agent to her.”

“I don’t think she would need that.”

That’s when Baekhyun noticed that Yixing was back beside him. He threw the empty paper cup in a trash can near them. The bag of laundry is still slung on his shoulder.

“How did you know I was here?” Baekhyun asked.

“You left a note.”

“Ah, right.”

“I didn’t say you can do whatever you want with my things. I already let you in my house, but you still chose to touch my things.”

Baekhyun went mute. Yixing was right. “It’s because your house is messy. It seems like various mushroom types are growing on every corner of your house.”

“Hey, that’s my house. You shouldn’t care what plants are growing inside it.”

“Really? I’m sorry, okay? I just cannot stand messy places. I think I will contact an infection anytime.”

“Well I hope that you did so that I can get rid of you easily.” Yixing said without meaning anything of it. He brushed up his wavy hair, but some strands still fell over his face.

Damn. How could he still look so handsome even when he is messed up like that? Not fair.

“Oh, yeah. Please say thanks to the person who cleaned my house.”

“You’re welcome.” Baekhyun answered.

“You cleaned my house?” Yixing’s eyebrows met in confusion.

“Yes.” Baekhyun brushed up his own hair away from his face. “I can lend you my housekeeper but she’s loyal to me. She won’t clean other house other than mine. Ouch!” He complained when he felt something grazed his scalp. When he looked at his nails, he saw that there was a small cut on it.

“Right, I forgot to cut my nails. And it’s because I keep thinking of what you have said to me.”

Yixing didn’t say anything. He just left him there. Baekhyun just shrugged. Well, he’s just going to head home and call his personal masseur because his whole body hurt from all the cleaning that he has done. He needs to do it so that he has the strength to face that man. He’s not even done seducing Yixing.

“Baekhyun!”

He looked at Yixing. He was walking towards him. “Why?” he asked.

Yixing held his hand and cut off his chipped nail with a nail clipper. It happened so fast that’s why he wasn’t able to react and Yixing left him again. It seems like he’s going back to the salon where he came from.

“Huh? Why did he go there?” Baekhyun went to the salon to look at what Yixing is doing. When he looked at the glass window of the salon, he saw the older guy laughing and talking with the people inside.

Baekhyun is puzzled. The moment he saw Yixing in their neighborhood, he didn’t even see him smile when he greets him. He thought that maybe Yixing doesn’t want to see him that’s why he is avoiding him. And now, seeing Yixing smiling and talking easily with the people he didn’t even know, Baekhyun was a little bit… jealous.

Baekhyun clenched his fist. Why is Yixing so nice with other people and when it’s him, he seems to be always angry? What was wrong with him? What was wrong with that guy?  Baekhyun is nice. Then he saw Yixing returned the nail clipper to one of the salon’s staffs.

And he doesn’t have his eyeglasses on.

When they were at Viva Polo the other day, Yixing was pleasantly talking to Kyungsoo and Sehun. But when he was talking to him, Yixing looked at him as if he is the reason why global warming exists. Baekhyun walked away from the salon when he saw Yixing exiting the establishment.

“Are you spying on me?”

Baekhyun stopped and looked at Yixing. He was walking towards him. He just stared at the older man. It seems like everything was in slow motion that’s why he caught Yixing’s every movement. He almost cursed when Yixing combed his hair using his fingers and put his eyeglasses on. That scene was so breathtaking he could almost make out every single angle of Yixing’s handsome face.

Baekhyun felt like he was slapped when he realized what he is thinking. What the… Was he out of his mind? Why is he reacting like that to Yixing’s every movement? He’s trying so hard to shake off that little feeling that he felt in his heart.

“Baekhyun.”

“Huh?”

“Close your mouth. A foreign object might go inside, it’s embarrassing. You looked so cute anyways.”

“Huh?”

Yixing slightly pushed his chin up with his forefinger to close his mouth. “I need the receipt for the laundry. I don’t like owing something to anyone.”

“Huh?”

Yixing pinched both of his cheeks. Then he felt the pain so he immediately went back to his senses.

“Ouch!” Baekhyun swatted Yixing’s hand then lightly punched the older male’s shoulder. “What the fu—”

“Oh, wow even a person like you knows how to curse.”

“Who do you think I am, A saint? Are you like this when asking for receipt of your laundry? No wonder no one is taking care of those.” Baekhyun pulled the receipt from his pocket and shoved it to Yixing’s chest. “Here.” Maybe it’s because of the new feeling that he felt earlier that’s why his sanity is starting to crumble. He turned away. “What the heck happened?” Baekhyun asked himself while walking away. “Why is it like I’m the one who’s starting to have feelings for him? That can’t be. Yixing should be the one who’s having feelings towards me.”

“Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun looked at Yixing. This time, he is ready to face the man without any hint of emotions except for annoyance. But there was still a bit of admiration that managed to show on his face. But at least, he could control it so Yixing wasn’t able to notice it. “Why? What do you need from me?” Baekhyun asked.

Yixing took a step towards him. He wasn’t expecting that so he failed to contain his emotions and remained speechless when he was able to go near him. When Yixing is already in front of him, he was just standing with his hands behind him as he leaned towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun on the other hand was forced to lean back to avoid Yixing’s face touch his.

Oh my goodness!  “W-what are y-you—”

“Baekhyun.”

He closed his eyes when Yixing’s face is just a few inches away from his. Then he felt him touch his hand.

“Thanks.”

“Huh?”

“For this.”

Baekhyun’s mind went back to reality when Yixing raised his hand and saw a small paper on it.

“Just get the payment in my house.” That’s what Yixing has said and he started to walk towards one of the cars parked near them. And without looking back, he drove away.

Baekhyun was left standing there, looking like a fool and his mouth opened. “Huh? You’re welcome.” He cleared his throat. He’s definitely sure that that handsome nerd did something to him.

 


 

“Aw…” Baekhyun placed the ladle away from his mouth when his tongue got burned with the kimchi jjigae that he is cooking. “Damn it.” He is about to turn right to go to the refrigerator to get a cold water when he bumped into Yixing’s large frame. The man just held his shoulders so that he won’t totally fall.

“If you need a payment for the laundry, you could’ve just knocked on my room.” Yixing gestured at his kitchen. “This isn’t my room.”

“I know. This is your kitchen.” Baekhyun tried to get away from Yixing’s hold to help his heart calm down. It helped a little to settle his troubled heart. “And I didn’t come here to ask for a payment.”

“If that’s the case, then what are you doing here?”

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m cooking.” Baekyun raised the ladle. “Kimchi jjigae. It’s delicious.”

“How many times do I have to tell you that don’t come here? You’re disturbing my peaceful life. Go away.”

Baekhyun is about to answer when he heard Yixing’s stomach growl. He smirked. “Are you sure you want me to leave, Yixing? If I leave, the food that I’m cooking will also leave. Do you want that?”

Yixing’s stomach answered for him. Baekhyun just smirked again when Yixing wasn’t able to reply. It seems like he was really hungry that’s why his stomach is constantly making sounds.

“Just sit. I will prepare your meal.” He motioned Yixing to sit on the dining chair.

Yixing followed him.

After placing the two dishes that he cooked, Baekhyun also sat down on the dining chair. Yixing didn’t say anything and he just scooped some food. “I was bored in my office so I decided to just go home.” Baekhyun narrated. “When I was at home, my boredom didn’t go away that’s why I decided to visit you here. The gate was opened so I came inside.”

“I didn’t ask you to cook.”

“I know. But I want something to do. I was done cleaning your house so I decided to cook something in your kitchen. There, I cooked two dishes for you. Isn’t it delicious?”

“No.” Yixing answered.

“Really? You look like you’re forgetting how to properly breathe with how you inhaled my food.”

“So that I won’t taste it.” Yixing’s chopsticks touched the table when Baekhyun pulled all the food away from him.

“It’s not delicious, right? So don’t eat these. I’ll just throw these away.”

“There’s so many people starving and you’re just going to throw those out?”

“That’s why I’ll let those starving people eat the food that you rejected.”

“I didn’t reject your cooking.” Yixing pulled the food towards him. “Okay, your food is delicious.”

“You’re forced to—”

“No. Don’t say anything or I won’t be able to properly digest my food. If I had indigestion, I will throw you to a far place.”

“Really?” Baekhyun pulled the food away from him for the second time.

Yixing gave up. “Fine. The food is great. Can I eat now?”

Baekhyun grinned and returned the food to Yixing.

 


Okay, first of all I would really like to apologize for not updating this story for quite a while. Things have been really busy at work and I barely have the time to write. Second, thank you for patiently waiting for this story to be updated. And lastly, have you all listened to Jongdae's latest song Beautiful Goodbye? That song was so beautiful and the music video is as beautiful as his voice. You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrOrlhjIYVk

Thank you so much for the upvotes and comments. I will post a new chapter within this week to make up for the long time that I haven't updated :)