Don't screw it up

Without a Heart

Fear when given power tends to ruin what we want. In more then one instance we never realize that the power we give is exactly what it takes. It takes and takes until we are left with the ruins of what we hold most dear. 

●♡●

Eyes forming into crescent moons at the flushed cheeks, sweet scent, and shocked expression Jimin let's out a laugh. Hand raising to cover his mouth, his body twists as warmth blooms. Breath hitching at the body pressing against his own, his mind screeches to a halt. Blinking, his eyes flicker up to bright blue eyes. The laughter and life dancing in them nothing like the eyes of people people within the village or the vampires that lived for centuries. It wasn't often that he ran into anyone so warm and bright. Humans like Taehyung didn't come around often. If they did that light was often squashed down by force. People like them were like moths to a flame. They were a light to those with dark intentions who wanted nothing more then to ruin them.

Feeling hands curling into the front of his clothing Jimin takes a step forward. Recalling how close he had gotten to kiss Taehyung the other day, he feels that longing once more surface. Hands gently cupping Taehyung's face, Jimin slowly leans in, his breath hitching as he takes everything in. Are you really mine Taehyung? My mate.

Breathless, he his lips, the sweet scent of vanilla invading his senses. His thumbs brushing soft apple cheeks. Brushing away honey brown hair, he stares into wide blue eyes. Leaning forward slowly his eyes flicker down to soft parted lips. Giving Taehyung the chance to pull away, Jimin waits for a few seconds before pressing his mouth softly against his. At the sharp gasp against his mouth, he's trembling. The hands gripping onto his shoulders grounding. Lips moving softly against his, everything feels as if its sliding into place. Everything feels right. Whimpering Jimin presses himself closer.

the bottom of Taehyung's mouth, he's deepening the kiss. Each kiss growing rougher and lingering with each press of their mouths. Wrapping one strong arm around a thin waist, his other hand tangles in brown locks. Gently tugging at the hair in his hands, he's swallowing the small moan Taehyung let's out. Focusing on nothing else, but the one in his arms he's careful as he moves them. Shivering at the bite to his lip, he feels that familiar itch to feed. Pushing the thoughts rushing to mind, he instead turns his attention to the hands gripping onto him, the lips pressing eagerly against his own, the sweet scent growing sweeter and the heart racing. Pressing Taehyung against the nearest wall, he feels the bond flare again, but just as it's about to connect he builds a barrier between them. Pulling away he offers a small smile against swollen lips. Pressing his forehead against Taehyung's he lets out a small laugh.

Unaware of the eyes watching them from afar, Jimin untangles the hand gripping onto his clothing. His touch gentle as he moves. Lacing their hands together he presses a small kiss to his knuckles.

●♡○

Having told Namjoon he was going to be busy, Jin was relieved that Jimin had taken his call. While the other had sounded reluctant to be alone with him, Jin knew they needed to talk. While he wasn't sure exactly about how Jimin felt about Taehyung or what he planned to do with the younger he couldn't ignore it. The fear he felt whenever he saw Taehyung. The younger reminded him too much of himself back then. They both didn't have anyone. They were alone, but now. Now Jin was no longer human and he had Namjoon. But unlike him Taehyung was naïve and very much still human. And Jimin, as much as he cared for the younger he knew better. Jimin brought trouble where ever he went.  Jimin had enemies and ex-lovers who would do anything to get the other's attention.

Standing outside the Park heir's home, he gives a small smile to Jimin before making his way in. Eyes flickering around the latter's home, he quickly takes his seat. Crossing his legs and lacing his hands together he takes in a deep breath. Gaze flickering up he reminds himself to stay calm. Quietly staring at Jimin he remains silent. It isn't until he sees grey eyes narrowing at him that Jin looks away. Pushing himself up from his seat Jin reminds himself about why he's here. Mind recalling his cries for help and the pool of blood beneath him. No, not here.

Making his way to Jimin's desk that the picture of Taehyung that he sees has a sad smile forming on his lips. Realization dawning on him, he feels an all too familiar ache where his once beating heart lied. 'You love him but your pride will be your undoing Jimin. Because of you he might wind up dead.'

Clearing his throat Jin's words are soft yet his eyes blazing with an emotion so raw, "Don't push him away Jimin you'll end up alone that way.  If you hurt him you'll regret it. Don't ruin the one good thing in your life."

"I don't know what your talking about Jin."

Leaning forward Jin frowns, the scene all too familiar, "I'm talking about Taehyung. He's more then a play thing or whatever you think he is."

Scoffing Jimin can't stop the growing smile as he stares at Jin. His voice mocking as he asks, "Then what is he?"

"Do you really want to know why you and Taemin didn't work? It's because he isn't Taehyung."

Eyes narrowing just as he's about to curse at his hyung Jimin's interrupted. Eyes narrowing at the hand raised at him, he hates the condescending tone.

"Taehyung he makes you feel things you don't want to feel. He makes you question your beliefs, the way you act and think."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Ignoring his dongsaeng Jin continues, "He makes you feel alive that no matter how much you say you hate him and plan on staying away you can't. You can't Jimin, your only lying to yourself." Why else would you kiss him? 

Fist clenching Jimin tenses as Jin gets closer. The blazing anger and serious demeanor startling. Body tensing, he digs his hands into the cushion of the chair he was sitting in. 

"Face it Jimin. You fell in love with a human and now your scared."

"I don't love him."

When all he can see is denial Jin sighs. Glancing at the picture on his desk his eyes fill with pity. 'He makes you feel human.'

"Don't screw it up Jimin. Whatever you have with Taehyung don't screw it up."

Turning around Jin doesn't say another word to Jimin, as he makes his way out. Closing the door behind him Jin makes his way to the coven of witches. While he knew he wasn't welcomed. He needed to let them know, he wasn't about to let Taehyung die. Not while he could do something about it. It's like looking into a mirror, Taehyung. Your just like I was. The shadow that once plagued me when I stepped into town, is now focused on you.

●♡●

As soon as the door to his home closes Jimin lets out a sigh. Eyes squeezing shut, his body trembles at the thought that hits him. "Jin saw us. He saw me kiss him.'

Heart clenching his mind races at all the possibilities of what the elder could do with that information. As much as he wanted to believe Namjoon that Jin was a good person, he knew better. He had never hid how he felt about Jin. The anger, the disgust that Namjoon had turned a human one he was quite vocal about. His words often cruel when they were alone. Despite him never laying a hand on the other, Jimin knew that they were just as bad. Words could be used as a weapon and he used his own against Jin. 

Jin who never failed to smile at him or greet him warmly despite how he acted. Wrapping his arms around himself Jimin finds himself recalling Jin's words. Shaking his head the very first thing that comes to mind is that it wasn't true. He didn't want to believe Jin's words, but they did make him wonder. He didn't see Taehyung as his plaything. He would never see Taehyung as his plaything. Taehyung was his. His mate, who Yoongi kept hidden from him. 

Pushing himself away from his seat, he takes in a deep breath. Running his hands through his hair, he slowly comes to a stop before the picture on his desk. Reaching for the photo he framed of Taehyung. He runs his thumb down the glass, his lips twitching into a soft smile. 'Do I love you?'

Dismissing Jungkook, Jimin decides not to go down and see Taemin. As much as he knew he should go down and talk to the other about controlling himself. He didn't want too. He couldn't find it in himself too. Not after having that conversation with Jin, learning about Yoongi having eraed Taehyung's memory of him and sending him away and Jungkook softly asking him, if everything was okay. It was too much. All too much at the moment. Deciding to go out for some from air, Jimin is silent. Keeping to himself he finds himself wondering about everything he was ever taught. 

Gaze lifting he lets out a tired sigh. When he sees familiar bright blue eyes and a wide grin he falters. Shuffling on his feet, for a second he want to leave. He want to hide and think over their situation, but at the sound of that deep voice calling out his name he can't. Moving towards Taehyung he's smiling. His previous worries and fears vanishing. 

○♡○

Quickly responding back to his hyung, Taehyung quickly puts away his phone. Pushing his thoughts about his Bogum-hyung away he once more returns his focus to Jimin. Walking alongside the other his hand twitches. Stealing a glance at Jimin's hand his own fingers twitch in response. As much as he wanted to grab Jimin's hand with his own, he was worried about upsetting the other. He still wasn't sure what they were and as much as he wanted to ask, he was scared. He liked what they had right now. He liked who Jimin was and liked that the other was always so sweet and attentive. Always listening to his wild stories and taking his questions seriously. For every question he asked, each answer given had him wanting to know more about Jimin. 

Taking a step closer to Jimin, he bites his lip as the distance between them is widened. Confused Taehyung frowns, his gaze remaining focused on Jimin who scoots away whenever he gets closer. 'Did I do something wrong?' 

Feeling hurt, his steps slow down. Thoughts swirling TaehyUnsure, just as he goes to tell Jimin he had to leave he feels a hand gripping his own. Eyes flickering up he looks away.

"I'm sorry, I've- I've been having a rough day."

Eyes widening Taehyung lets Jimin pull him closer. Taking in the defensive posture Taehyung carefully wraps his arms around him, his voice soft as he replies, "You don't need to apologize. If you need space I can leave."

"No!"

Gasping at the tight embrace, he squirms for a second before he's tucking his face into the crook of Jimin's neck. 

"Sorry, sorry just-please don't leave."

"I won't." 

At the slight tremble Taehyung tightens his hold. At the light kiss to the top of his head his heart swells. Pulling away slowly, he laces their hands together. At the slight tug to his hand he follows after Jimin. Deciding to fill the silence, he talks about what he was currently photographing. As he talked about his focus and his thoughts about possibly changing his style he's quick to answer the questions thrown his way. As much as he wanted to ask about the other's day, he was unsure if he should. If Jimin was upset about it he didn't want to further upset the other. Keeping the questions he wanted to ask to himself, he instead asked other questions. Questions that didn't move onto what could possibly bother the other or damper his day. By the time they reached Jimin's place it had grown colder. The sun still in the sky, but the chill in the air growing the further they went into fall. 

Smiling gratefully at Jimin, he quickly made his way inside. The immediate warmth a relief. Turning down the offer of food, Taehyung quickly made his way to the couch. Grabbing the remote near by he ignores the slight dramatic question aimed in his direction. Eyes focusing on the movie playing he smiles when Jimin shoves him away. Fixing himself in his seat, Taehyung turns his gaze towards the other. The wide puppy dog eyes and pout drawing a laugh from him. Leaning against Jimin's side, his hand moves towards his. Playing with the much smaller hand, he flicks his eyes to the television. 

"Jimin..."

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

At the slight nod and whispered response, Taehyung pouts. Crawling into Jimin's lap Taehyung smiles sheepishly at the raised brow and grey eyes peering up at him. Gently running his hand through inky hair, he lightly scratches. At the small sigh of relief he smiles. When hands land on his waist Taehyung let's out a shudder. Just as he goes to ask a question he gasps at the mouth pressed against his own. The lips moving slowly against his heated. Pulling away he smiles softly before wrapping himself around Jimin. 

Hours later Jimin tightened his hold on Taehyung. Smiling softly he carefully picked up the younger before tucking him into his bed. Lingering by the door, he's careful as he closes it shut. Just as he steps towards his desk, his eyes land on the damned book before they turn to the picture framed. 'I won't lose you again, Jin doesn't know . And neither does my brother.'