Prologue

Without a Heart

The arrival of a stranger has heads reeling.  The humans who see the boy immediately feel pity. Yet none move to say a word as he makes his way down the road. Wordlessly the boy stares in awe, his wide eyes taking in the view of everything offered. It wasn't until the smell of vanilla registered that Jimin moved. Peering out his window the sight of honey brown locks held his attention. With each step, the boy hicks his bag up higher along his back. His small murmuring drowned out by the sound of everyday work and cars moving by. Eyes glued to the boy passing by his home Jimin's gaze remains neutral. It isn't until bright blue eyes meet his that his mask crumbles and his breath hitches. The smile sent his way is so bright and innocent that he can't help but scowl before turning away. His steps loud in his empty home.

 ○♡●  

Having arrived into the average sized town the feeling of eyes on him has Taehyung raising his gaze up the large house. Seeing a boy no older than him with black hair and piercing grey eyes he smiles. Seeing a frown grace the boy in the window he holds his smile as the boy disappears. Pursing his lips he can't help but wonder if his smile came out a little too strong. Pulling out his phone he looks at the address of his new apartment and the bakery he'll work at come Monday. Frowning at the name of the street he glances to the name of the one near him before making his way over to the closest person within his range. Seeing the look of fear and pity directed his way he pauses as the man turns away from him. His question dying at the tip of his tongue.