Engaged Life

Perfect Proposal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fast forward 6 months since the proposal, her parents moving back, her moving into a new home. One would assume Joohyuns life has slowed down but it has anything but. She finally understands what Yerim meant by Seungwan being a total bridezilla. Day in, day out it has been all about what colour napkins match, whether they want the service indoor or outdoor, live band or DJ. To be honest she wouldn’t mind a small event with their closest family and friends but Seungwan was persistent.

 

“But Hyun it’s the most important day of our lives ! I plan to be the only person you marry so this wedding has to be spectacular”

 

“Wan, I couldn’t care less where it is and what material dance floor we have, as long as you’re there, as my wife… then it will be the best moment in my life.”

 

Seungwan lowered her head as her cheeks became flushed.

 

Joohyun was at her office reminiscing the memory of her wedding talks at night with her fiancé when suddenly her phone rang. She had an instant smile as soon as she saw the contact.

 

“Hello gorgeous ”

 

“Hello to you to Wan-ah”

 

“What are you up to you babe, want to have lunch?”

 

“Wan, I am going to give you the same answer that I gave you 5 minutes ago when you called me… I can’t , I’m working and you’re distracting me. Anyways, shouldn’t you be working to? Last time I checked being a CEO is not easy work.” She said with the biggest smile on her face. Her favourite distraction

 

“You make me sound so clingy Hyun. And yes, as a matter of fact I am working. My current project is persuading you to have lunch with me… Is it working?”

 

“No.” Joohyun deadpanned.

 

“Aish, you’re so mean to your poor fiancé. Why did I even propose in the first place?” Joohyun grinned as she could envision Seungwan’s pout from her office on the other side of the city.

 

“Because, you love me.” She gleamed and chuckled when she heard a small agreement from the other line.

 

Seungwan heard her fiancé scoff as well as some male whispers in the background. “Yah, Hyun. Those guys at work aren’t flirting with you again, are they? If they are, just flash your large diamond ring and tell them to back off. Do I have to come into the office again?”

 

“Definitely not Wan, I remember their sour faces when I told them I was engaged and then remember how their eyes bulged when you came in with lunch and sent me flowers, chocolates and balloons. It was so embarrassing, but it scared them off.”

 

“I think w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter