Creeps and Crushes

Lie | p.jm


Because Jimin’s dad was head of the school board he always managed to get us in the same class, so being separated was never a problem.

“Are you kidding me?” I groaned as I looked at the classes I was taking. “We have physical education first.” I sigh. 

Jimin just laughed.

“Should we change into the gym clothes then?”

“Yeah.” He says as we walk towards the bathroom, then went our separate ways to change.

After wiggling out of the uncomfortable uniform, and pulling on some grey sweatpants, a white t-shirt, and sneakers I walked towards the mirrors to tie up my hair then, jogged out to see that Jimin had already finished.

“You ready?”

“Yeah, let’s go,” I say as I sling my book bag over my shoulders.

P.E started outside this year and I dropped my book bag to where it was leaning against a tree and walked towards the track.
 

No. Why?

Why did Jungkook have to be here, especially during P.E?
He smirked as he saw me walk towards the track and smirked, I averted my eyes.

“Hey, ugly.” He says.

“Right back at you,” I say my voice heavy with sarcastic enthusiasm.

He scoffs, “Sure.”

I looked around to see if there was anybody else recognized.
 

Oh, him.

I thought as I turned to see a figure glaring at me. What a creep. His name was Yoongi and ever since ninth grade, he would just stare at me from the back of the class. I didn't even know him, what was his problem?

I turned away from him not wanting to lock eyes, then they met Jin’s, he smiled as he waved, and I could feel butterflies in my stomach as I waved back. Maybe this period won’t be so bad after all.

I spoke way too soon.

Haeun walked up to the track, she sneered when she saw me but quickly hid it when Jin glanced at her. I saw her try to flirt with him but the boy just looked kind of awkward. 

I forced myself to look away only to see Jungkook staring at me. 

“What now?” I ask probably sounding a little exasperated. 

“Oh, I was just thinking about how much you look like Medusa and a goblin shark had a child.” He says with a shrug.

I could feel Jimin glaring at the other boy from behind me but I didn’t really care what he said.

I rolled my eyes, “You should wear a on your head, I mean if you’re going to be such a you might as well dress like one.”
I heard a couple students chuckle from behind me and when I turned I saw Yoongi quickly slap a hand over his faint smile. That was the first time I’d seen him smile, like, ever, but then, of course, he quickly began to scowl again.

Jungkook huffed and turned back around knowing his defeat as the P.E coach finally showed up and began to speak. “How is everyone this morning?”

“Good.” Everyone answers in unison almost robotically.

“Excellent, so today we’re gonna start with two laps around the track.” He says as he fixes his baseball cap.
Everyone nods and a few kids including myself groan quietly.

“Okay… and,” students began to ready themselves, “Go.”
A few of the guys, including Jungkook, Jimin, and two of the girls began running at full speed. I just kept a decent pace. There were small groups of girls behind you going pretty slowly as they spoke and of course there was Yoongi, walking, all the way in the back. I knew the coach had completely given up on the boy as he sighed.

Once again I turned towards the front and picked up my pace slightly. Suddenly, I felt someone running beside me, I turned to see who it was and sure enough, it was Haeun. She smiled artificially, “Oh, hi Y/N,” she says in a voice that obviously portrays the fact that she thinks she’s better than me.

I sigh, “Hey, Haeun,” I push out trying my best not to sound rude, I picked up my pace slightly trying to get away from her, but she quickly picked up hers as well. Why was she following me?

She sticks out her foot to trip me and runs off quickly.

Oh, that's why.

I try to catch myself as I stumbled for a while then, ultimately fell. I gasped as I scraped my knees, elbows, and right cheek. I hear footsteps jog up to me.

I look up, “are you okay?” Jin asks kneeling next to me. At the angle in which he was standing, the sun shone directly behind him making it look as though he had a halo, I practically heard angels singing in my head as I watched his flawless face. I snap out of my thoughts. 

“Um, yeah,” I say my voice shaking slightly as an unwanted tear left my eye, I didn’t want it to but, it just hurt. He grabbed my hand and helped me up.

“Let’s tell the coach.” He says as he guides me over to him.

I winced, every step hurt as the blood on my knees dripped onto my white sneakers a little. The coach immediately noticed us walking towards him.

“What happened?” He asks standing up a little straighter.

“I got tripped,” I say looking at my elbow.

“Was it on purpose?” He questions looking concerned.

“I think so,” I say quietly.

“By who?” Both Jin and the coach ask in unison.

“I’m not sure I couldn’t see their face.” I lie as I glance up to see Haeun standing in the middle of the track glowering at me, I swallowed, why was I so scared of her? That was so out of character for me.

The coach hums in response, “Seokjin, can you take her to the nurse’s office?”

“Yes, sir.” He says sweetly, “c’mon Y/N.”

I nod as he gestures for me to follow him. When I caught up to him he grabbed the bottom of his t-shirt and gently wiped off the blood on my cheek, “There.” 

Now my cheeks were more than just one shade of red