Accidents

Lie | p.jm

As I sprinted into the café, Taehyung frantically gestured for me to come in as he began to pick up multiple coffee cups. The café I worked at was pretty popular, especially when different shifts began and as it got later it was mostly rich business owners who came and went. I sped over to the kitchen in the back and tied my apron over my wrinkled top then got straight to work.

"You're late again Y/N," Namjoon said as he hurried past me and picked up a tray of freshly baked bread. The café was open 24/7 so we were constantly cooking up new pastries and other such things.

"I know, I know, I just, well... sorry."

"Forgiven." He says with a faint smile, "By the way, can you frost the cupcakes? They're done cooling."

"M'kay," I said tightening my ponytail. And with that Namjoon walks out the door.

I picked up the tray of bare cupcakes, placing them on the island in the center of the kitchen. The sweet smell drifting off them was making me even more hungry... wait a sec, my nuggets! I groaned as I realized I'd left them out, but it was too late now, there was a lot to be done, I just hoped that they wouldn't be stolen before I finished.

I quickly paced over to pick up a piping bag and a tip, filling the bag up with a pastel pink frosting then, I leaned over the tray and delicately began to do my job.

"You're good at that." A voice spoke from right behind me as I was halfway through.

I turned around abruptly with a start as I almost crashed into Taehyung who was standing right behind me. He mirrored my shocked expression, our faces were only a few inches apart. He backed away and his hand flew to the nape of his neck as he looked down shyly.

"Oh, you scared me," I say with an awkward laugh once we were a decent distance apart.

"Yeah, I was saying you're really pretty, I um, I mean the f-frosting job you did was really pretty, you're good at it."

"Oh, thanks." I pop smiling at the compliment, it wasn't very often that I received one.

He smiled.

I smiled.

Yeah. This was awkward.

"I'm going to get back too," I paused gesturing towards the cupcakes waiting for me on the counter.

"Yeah, yes, umm... okay."

I nodded kindly and smiled slightly. I had never been awkward with him before, I mean we were pretty good friends, actually, all three of us were pretty close, and I don't know that situation just felt... weird.

I finished frosting my cupcakes not long after speaking with Tae, then I carefully placed strawberries on the tips and dusted on some edible pearl pigment.

I'm pretty satisfied. I thought as I grinned to myself, I absolutely love baking, and with that I picked the tray and brought the cupcakes out, placing them into the glass display at the front.

"Those look nice," Namjoon said sending me a thumbs up and a dimpled smile.

"I know right," I say jokingly as I flip my hair dramatically, which looked pretty ridiculous when it was in a ponytail.

He laughed and leaned back knocking over a few dishes. They fell and shattered all over the floor. "Damn it!" he said under his breath.

I tried not to laugh, he did this quite often, I began to walk to the back "I'll get the broom." I say.

"Yeah," he says as he tries to pick up the bigger pieces in his hands.

"Just don't cut yourse-"

"Ouch." He said. I could hear him even through the door and winced. I guess I was getting a Band-Aid too.

Taehyung's POV

I groaned the moment she left the kitchen as I facepalmed.

I was such an idiot.

All I wanted to do was tell her that her cupcakes were pretty, but then she bumped into me and I got all flustered and it just slipped when I told her she was pretty... ugh. I hate myself. I just hope this doesn't make things awkward.

I walked over towards the sink and began to wash my hands when Y/N came through the door again.

"Hey, Tae do you know if we have bandages?" She says as she rummages through the storage closet, pulling out a broom.

"Um, yeah," I say as I dried my hands and opened the cabinet underneath the sink, pulling out a first aid kit, "right... here," I say extending my arm to hand it to her.

"Thanks." She says quickly.

"Did Namjoon break dishes again?" I ask.

"Yeah." She says as she opens the box.

Suddenly it was quiet. Should I say something? I thought.

"So," I sat leaning back onto nothing, I caught myself and tried to play it off like I was dancing. I must be the most stupid person on earth.

She looked up at me for a second and I could tell she was trying so hard to keep a straight face.

"You been dancing lately?" I asked playing along with my 'dancing theme'. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

"I don't dance." She says quickly, looking more panicked then she should have looked.

"Yes... I knew that." I say as she pulls a bandage out of its box. She nodded.

"Okay!" She says brightly like she was trying to change the subject. "I should go help Joonie now."

"True," I say.

She just smiled and walked out. What was wrong with me today? I just keep screwing things up.

Somehow I would make this work, someday...

 

UNEDITED

 

A/N: How is it so far? Can you guess what Tae is talking about? Also, thank you so much for reading this chapter, I hope you read the next one and I hope you enjoyed.