Good Morning Senior Year

Lie | p.jm

The shift was over and by the time it was it was a little after 2' am. I yawned as I wiped down the counters, then turning to throw away the paper towel.

"Are you sure you want to bike home today?" I heard Tae ask as I took off my apron. "It's like really late and, I drove my mom's car today so your bike will fit if I lower the seats in the third row."

"No, I'm good thanks for asking though," I say as I grab my phone and stuff it into my pocket.

Namjoon had been listening as he stood right next to Tae. "Just be safe," Namjoon says.

"I will!" I say brightly, "bye guys," I exclaim as I wave. The two boys waved back and smiled as they gathered their own belongings in preparation to leave.

I stepped out the door, the cool air night hitting my face as I hurried over to my bike, hopping onto the seat.

I took my phone back out my pocket, then plugged in my earbuds and pressed shuffle on my music.

Just as expected my dinner was stolen so, I decided that I would just skip dinner, knowing that I had no food at home and that I was too broke to afford more food anyways. I sighed as I began to pedal, half with contentment half with fatigue. I hated late shifts, when I had them along with school and tutoring, to make a little extra cash, I could only get two to three hours of sleep every night. I shouldn't have advertised for tutoring this year, I thought as I pedaled down the sidewalk. I shrugged, there wasn't anything I could do about it now so, there was definitely no point in stressing about it.

The ride home was pretty peaceful. The gentle wind made my hair dance and the stars twinkled brightly up in the sky. The music flowed into my ears, blocking out all the loud city noises, the only thing of the city left we're all the glowing lights. At that moment everything looked so beautiful and at that moment, somehow everything just felt peaceful. I let myself relax as I pedaled on, eventually reaching my apartment.

I got up off my bike and set the lock after knocking out the kickstand. Once the door was unlocked, then quickly shut behind me, I went to my room and dropped down on the bed, not even bothering to pull out my earbuds.

I tucked myself underneath the blankets and curled into a little ball as I fell asleep to a beautiful song with a melody that flowed like water, the voice carrying the tune like an angel, delicate, graceful, and beautiful.

'Serendipity'.

A small smile graced my lips and I drifted into my own head as my consciousness faded.

I woke up that morning to my alarm which was extra loud today since the audio was plugged into my ears. I groaned and rolled over tearing the ear-buds from my ears as I sat up. I plugged my phone up to the charger, grabbed my uniform, and carried it all to the bathroom where I the water and waited for it to warm. I rubbed my eyes and yawned a few times as I lazily sat on the toilet lid, watching the steam begin to rise. I sat up and undressed, stepping into the shower as the warm mist enveloped my body and the droplets massaged my tired back. I sighed in contentment as I scrubbed my body, obnoxiously singing the song I had fallen asleep to last night.

"LOVE ME NOOOOOOOOOW~" I sing happily as I run my hands through the suds all over my hair. "TOUCH MEEEEE NOOOOOOOOOOW~" I let the water flow down my back as I rinsed my soapy locks.

"Just let me love you~" Someone sings from the other side of the door, taking the words from my mouth.

"Jimin? Is that you?" I shout towards the person on the other side.

"Yeah, can you hurry? You have like ten minutes to finish," he says and I could tell he was looking down at his watch.

"Kay," I say as I turn off the water, "you can just wait in my room," I say, which was just implied since my room was the only room apart from the bathroom and kitchenette, but I said it anyway.

Jimin and I had been best friends since kindergarten and ever since then, we've been inseparable. Because I didn't have parents I couldn't afford a car, heck I could barely afford enough food to live so, Jimin would pick me up in his car every morning to drive me to school.

Sweet right?

After I had dried off and gotten dressed I pulled the brush through my hair until it was tame then, opened the door to see Jimin playing his phone as he leaned on the wall.

"Helloooo~," I say, making Jimin look up.

"Hi!" He says quickly, sounding pretty rushed, "just on time. C'mon" he says, gesturing for me to follow him. 

"You didn't answer my texts yesterday," Jimin says as we rush down the steps.

" I didn't get anything." I say I paused, "Dang it, I left my phone." I hiss beginning to turn around.

"No you didn't, I grabbed it for you," he says as he hands it towards me.

"Oh lord, what would I do without you," I say as I take my phone.

"I'm the only reason you're still alive and healthy right now."

"True," I say with a small laugh. If only he knew... The thought of it making me a little sad as I opened the car door and jumped in.

"You okay?" He asked carefully as he started the car.

"Huh? Oh, yeah just... tired." I explain looking out the windshield.

"Right." He says slowly. "I'm not ready to start another year of school," He says after a little while, changing the subject, "I was enjoying our summer too much." He whines with a pout.

I laughed, "ME."  

We talked and laughed the whole ride and it wasn't long before we reached the school. It was bustling with students. I stepped out and looked at the school again for the first time in months.

"Ready to start the senior year?" Jimin asks.

"Bring it on."

UNEDITED

A/N: How is it coming along so far? This is pretty different than the style I usually write in, but it's still so fun! Can you figure out what Y/N meant, when she thought, if only he knew, I hope my twist will prove interesting, but you'll have to keep reading to find out what it is. I love you all thank you so much for reading! See you in the next chapter!