Broke and Belated

Lie | p.jm

I am ready. I am definitely ready. Yes… I am read-. “Who am I kidding, I am not ready for another year of school,” I mumbled as I dropped back down onto my bed, grabbing my phone.

Sure, education wasn’t bad I wasn’t against it or anything, but even though my best friend wasn’t the kind of person who caused drama, being one of the popular guys in school just came with that. I groaned the thought of another year of girls who didn’t like the thought of me spending time with Jimin pulling my hair and screeching like a pack of wild hyenas. 

Plus, even though I was working my job in the summer already, it wasn’t like it was going to stop throughout the year, a girls gotta make money somehow. So, it was back to late shifts. I was sure that at the moment, all my hair was turning white from stress. But, luckily this was my last year of high school, the last year, of P.E and, the last year of bratty teens. 

The sun was just beginning to set and the horizon was starting to turn orange, signaling that I should start getting ready for my first set of late shifts. 
I checked the time, 5’, that me almost an hour to get ready. No problem, plenty of time.

I couldn’t have been more wrong.

After I accidentally dropped my clothes into the shower while washing, I dug through my closet to find a new one, I could barely find one, let alone one where I didn’t look like a hobo.

When I finally did find a wrinkled outfit in the back of my closet, I had no time to even get the wrinkles out, I slipped on the thin t-shirt and skinny jeans then dashed towards the bathroom to put up my bird’s nest of tangled hair.

I yanked the brush through my unruly hair, wincing the whole time then reached out for a hair band to tie it up with.

Hairband one, broken.

Hairband two, broken.

Hairband three... “OH MY GAWD FINALLY.”

Then I was out of the house. I hopped onto my bike and began to pedal furiously.

I forgot to eat, wait… since when did I forget to eat?

I groaned, 'I’ll just stop by McDonald’s' I thought, I frowned.

I was so sick of McDonald’s but there just wasn’t much else I could afford, especially when I had been saving for college all this time. Maybe I should start working overtime this year, I desperately needed more pay. I shook my head once again focusing on the fact that I was late for work, Namjoon and Tae are going to be so pissed when I’m late again. 

I parked my bike at McDonald’s and entered the bright yellow building.

“Hello miss, can I take your order?” A boy a couple years younger than me asked. I could tell he was antsy like he was about to get off work and I was the last order he had to take. 
“Can I just have a six-piece nugget?” I asked pulling a wrinkled five dollar bill from my back pocket.

He nodded quickly, “That’ll be 3.99.” I handed him my money as he punched in the price on the cash register then handed me my money back. 

“Thanks,” I say stuffing the change into my pocket.

“Do you want a receipt?”

“No, I’m good."

He gave you the number of your order then told me to wait as he continued to take orders from various customers.

I looked away and sat down at a nearby table where I rested my head on my hand and my phone to check the time. I needed to be there in 5 minutes and that, well it wasn’t physically possible. I opened the device and texted my ‘work’ group chat

Me:
Hey guys, I’m going to be late today.
Delivered 5:51

I closed my phone after the message sent and Ididn’t have to wait long before my number was called. I stood up and took my order after thanking the boy then I left, putting nuggets into the basket at the front of mt bike, and once again sped off to my job.

I had been riding my bike promptly for fifteen minutes, cutting 5 minutes from the usual time it took to get there. Sweat began to accumulate on my forehead as

I turned into the parking lot.

Then I sprinted into the building.

But I had forgotten something.

Something EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.

Something that was going to be stolen before I would be able to save them.

My nuggets.

UNEDITED

A/N: Hey guys, I know this chapter is short and has some grammatical errors but, it's the first chapter so bear with me here, I kind of just wanted to give Y/N some character development and a little bit of background information. I promise the next chapter will be longer, you'll also get to meet Namjoon and Tae! I really hope you enjoyed and I hope you can give it a chance, I really want to give you guys a fun reading experience that will make you laugh, even though I'm not the funniest person. I love you all and thank you so much for reading BYEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!