Part 5

UGLY DUCK (MoonSun)

Part 5

 

Moon Byul-Yi's POV

 

I dumped the flier Tae-Seop gave me into the trash can. I was angry at Hyuk-Woo. No. I was not angry at him for the rumours. I was angry at him for something else. Hell. I intended to use Yong-Sun, anyway, to put off my fangirls. They followed me everywhere. The crazy ones even followed me to the changing room. Really.

 

"Where's Hyuk-Woo?"

 

I asked Tae-Seop. Hyuk-Woo went too far this time. I shut my eyes as I took deep breaths. I clenched my fists then I unclenched them. It's a must when I'm angry. I was not mad at him because of the flier - no - it was because of the words under the pictures. Via mobile. He brought his phone to school. I had to confiscate it.

 

"He's upstairs. He's scattering the fliers."
"How many fliers did he make?"
"I don't know. I lost count at twenty-one."

 

It's a rhetorical question. I stared at Tae-Seop as he looked around the classroom. He was apparently counting the fliers from the corner of his eyes. He's always stuck at twenty-one. He shook his head before he counted them again. He flunked math, like Yong-Sun. No. She was worst. She did say she flunked every test.

 


 

Yong-Sun waved me off with a pout. Her eyes were teary. She threw a tantrum because I refused to bring her along with me. Hyuk-Woo was not a good influence on her. He always swore. I told Tae-Seop to keep an eye on her before I left the classroom. Hyuk-Woo was flinging fliers far and wide when I caught him in the act.

 

"Student Handbook. Page 1. Line 22."
"You ing nerd."
"I'm telling you. Phones are off-limits."

 

I flailed my arms in the air to emphasise my points. I even recited a few more lines to address his beanie and his cusses. I told him the same thing every day but he kept doing the same thing every day. That's it. I took out my weapons. He rolled his eyes. Surprise, surprise. I wrote his name under his name. He got every page.

 

"Hye-Jin, wait."
"I'm still talking to you."
"You wait, too."

 

Hyuk-Woo pissed me off again. He was rude. He simply ditched me in the middle of my lecture. I stared at his back in disbelief as he ran after Hye-Jin. I quickly looked up at the devil he mentioned and she simply looked back at me with fiery eyes. Whee-In, as usual, seemed truly apologetic on her behalf. I sighed in reply.

 

Jung Whee-In's POV

 

Why? I always struggled to maintain a straight face whenever I saw him. Hyuk-Woo always undressed Hye-Jin with his eyes and she always revelled in his unnecessary attention. She can do better. I gave him a small smile before I lowered my gaze to the floor. He nodded at me and his eyes darted to hers in a hurry.

 

"Wait for me, today, after school."
"What do you want?"
"I just want to tell you something."

 

He's literally confessing. I clenched my fists. I looked at Hye-Jin. She was contemplating his words. She'll accept him. I knew her. She loved boys more than anything - more than me - she told me herself many times. Hyuk-Woo was no exception. I loved Hye-Jin, as a friend, but it hurt. She keeps hurting me like lovers do.

 

"Just tell me. Now."
"No way. I don't have much time."
"What's going on?"
"Byul-Yi, the nerd, is chasing me."
"Seriously, again?"

 

I looked right through him and I immediately saw Byul-Yi. He was glaring daggers at the lovers-to-be as he gradually approached them with clenched fists. Hye-Jin scoffed at him while Hyuk-Woo hurriedly took off. Byul-Yi ignored Hye-Jin as he went around her but he did not get very far. He trips - no. She made him.

 

To Be Continued