Prologue

UGLY DUCK (MoonSun)

Prologue

 

Yong-Sun loved her school. It was far away from home. She had to commute there by bus but she did not mind at all. Yong-Sun loved the sceneries she got to see during the trips. Her parents wanted her to go to a nearby school but she refused them. Her sister tried to talk her into it but she failed too. She wanted freedom.

 

Yong-Sun loved her classes. Her teachers were kind but she did not understand the lessons. She was pretty good at failing them. Yong-Sun loved meatbuns. She even spent hours wondering, sometimes, if the feeling was mutual. What if they hate her for eating their friends? She found them scary so she hastily ate them.

 

Yong-Sun loved her classmates. The pretty girls were talkative. They talked to each other all the time but they rarely talked to her. It made her wonder why sometimes. The ugly boys were mean. They called her funny names. Her best friends - no - her only friends were Whee-In and Hye-Jin. They were younger than her.

 

Yong-Sun loved Byul-Yi. He was different than her classmates. He talked to her and he called her by her name. He was cute. His nose scrunched up as he smiled at everyone. The pretty girls loved to talk to him and the ugly boys hated to talk to him. Yong-Sun loved to stare at him. He made her feel warm. She loved it.

 

Yong-Sun loved her dog. She named it Jjing Jjing. It was a miniature Schnauzer. It was not a puppy anymore but it was as small as one. She took it out for walks every day, every morning, every evening. She also fed it three times a day. In spite of this, Jjing Jjing left her. Yong-Sun cried sometimes. She thought it loved her.

 

To Be Continued