Chapter 6: By your side

You deserve everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So, huh, hello :) I'm sorry I took, like, 5 months? But well, I planned to finish that fanfic! I think it will last one or two more chapters after this one. It wasn't going to be long, so yeah. I'm so sorry you waited so long.

Well, have a nice reading :) (And sorry for the mistakes)

++

Yujin reread the letter. She understood Minjoo’s presence in her life. She wasn’t there because she wanted to, she wasn’t a friend with the younger because she wanted to. She was there because she had to. Then, why did Minjoo resign? Yujin felt the tears running on her cheeks. She felt betrayed.

“So… That’s it.” Yujin almost whispered. “You don’t need to take care of me. I’m fine.” Her word sounded bitter to Minjoo’s ears.

“Listen to me Yujin…”

“No. I’m done. I’m leaving.” The younger stepped back and walked to the door.

“Yah Yujin!”

The latter felt a strong grasp around her wrist. She stopped moving. Her heart beat too fast. She was so confused. She liked Minjoo. But she didn’t understand the older. She didn’t even try after all.

“I was there because my mother asked me to.” Minjoo started talking, her hand still holding the other tightly. “I never thought I would li- I would be friend with you. I didn’t like working for your father either, that’s why I quitted.” Minjoo paused a few seconds. “Yujin… I’m your friend. I want to be able to stand by your side. Not be your maid.”

Without thinking, Yujin pulled the older girl in her arms. She held her close, wrapping her shoulders. The tears didn’t stop flowing on Yujin’s cheeks.

“I hate you.” The latter mumbled, and she felt Minjoo hugging her back. “Because you make me feel so weak.”

 At that moment, Minjoo’s heart skipped a beat. But Yujin didn’t budge.

“I really loved your mother.” She nodded against Yujin. “It’s just a lot to take, Minjoo. I… Let me some time, okay?”

Minjoo released her grip around the taller girl’s body. Yujin sniffled and pulled away. She was welcomed by a pair of warm hands on her face, wiping her tears.

“I’m sorry.” Minjoo mumbled, but it only made Yujin chuckle.

“I’ll be going now.” The taller girl gently removed Minjoo’s hands. “I’ll be back.” And she left.

 

Yujin took a deep breath once she was outside. She wanted to be strong. For Miss Kim. For Minjoo. For herself. She never imagined having that news one day. It sounded crazy. She was a bit hurt, deep down. But she understood why Minjoo hadn’t told her anything. Yujin would have shut herself down and never talk to Minjoo like she did. But now, Yujin was determined. She wanted to make things right. Minjoo was Miss Kim’s daughter. But did it really matter? Maybe. But Yujin had more important things in her mind. How she felt about Minjoo. How much she thought ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter