Chapter 2: Sorry.

You deserve everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That was beautiful.” A familiar voice spoke in a warm tone not far from Yujin.

“Thank you.” She answered, smiling.

Yujin wanted to stand up, but the woman stopped her by putting her hands on the girl’s shoulders.

“Your father must be impressed.”

Yujin felt her heart squeezing at the words. He wasn’t. Yujin wasn’t even sure that he remembered she was playing piano. He didn’t care after all.

“I am impressed. You are really good.”

The words sounded far and quiet as a whisper.

Yujin suddenly opened her eyes. She felt something hot and wet on her cheeks. She wiped the tears away, sitting straight. She let out a sigh.

Another week had passed. Yujin stopped going to school. She kind of felt sorry for Eunbi but it was too hard for her to keep going. Eunbi understood and kept supporting her young friend.  

A loud grumbled disturbed the room’s peace.

“Hungry…” Yujin muttered to herself.

She reached the kitchen, discovering her meal on the table. She had to admit it, it was always delicious. She was pretty stunned by Minjoo’s cooking ability. Minjoo wasn’t around. Yujin started eating, alone.

Minjoo noticed it, the piano in the main room. It looked old and expensive. She would have liked to hear its sound. Minjoo liked music.

“Kim Minjoo!” The girl quickly turned around, hearing her full name. “What are you doing here?”

Minjoo cast a quick glance at the bag she was carrying before answering.

“Working.” She didn’t really feel like talking about it anyway. “How are you going Chaewon?” Minjoo’s warm smile appeared on her face.

“Going back to school. I forgot something at home.”

The two friends were silent, almost feeling uncomfortable.

“You are not coming back, are you?” Chaewon asked, doubt in her voice.

“I have to pay the bills.” She felt shameful, she wanted to disappear. She knew that Chaewon wasn’t bad, she didn’t mean to make her uncomfortable.

“Let’s meet when you have some free time.” Minjoo nodded, and her friend left.

 

Once Minjoo reached the house, she kept standing up, looking at the young girl. Yujin was peacefully eating her breakfast. She could have looked like a normal teenager, but she didn’t. Her gaze was lost. It made Minjoo sad. She felt like protecting her, but she was nothing for the girl.

“What are you looking?” Yujin snapped suddenly.

Minjoo was tired of the girl behaviour. The whole week was hell. Yujin kept snapping at her, telling her to go away. She didn’t bother to speak anymore. Sorry had left to many times already. She didn’t meet Yujin a lot though. The young girl was almost always locked in her bedroom.

“Sorry.” Minjoo was still staring at the girl, trying to understand if she heard well.

“W-What?” She couldn’t help but ask.

“Don’t make me repeat.” Yujin didn’t snap at the maid, even though her tone was still cold.

Yujin stood up, passing next to her. They shoulders brushed for a few seconds. The younger felt a sudden ache in her chest. This scent, she knew it. She thought she knew it. It smelled so good.

It was their last talk for the entire next week. Yujin became so quiet that it made Minjoo felt terrible. She didn’t talk or even snap at her anymore. It was Yujin’s fault, Minjoo thought. Yujin apologised, and it made her feel softer for the young girl. Minjoo knew it was wrong, it sounded wrong. How did Yujin pick her interest? Why?

 

It was early in the morning, too early for Yujin to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter