Chapter 4: Don't hurt her.

You deserve everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you doing Ahn Yujin?” A voice snapped behind the two girls.

Yujin turned around, wiping the tear on her cheeks.

“C-Chaewon?” She mumbled, her heart still beating fast.

“Do you know each other?” Minjoo asked, looking at them.

Chaewon took some seconds before answering, her eyes still on Yujin.

“She is from my school.”

Yujin clenched her fists. She didn’t even know Chaewon. She just saw her a few time at school. The girl just interrupted a precious moment.

“Sorry, but we have some matt-” Chaewon grabbed Minjoo’s arm, cutting Yujin’s sentence.

“Is Yujin the girl you told me about?” She asked, looking right into her friend’s gaze.

Minjoo nodded. She felt lost. She never saw Chaewon acts this way before. Yujin’s words still echoed in her head. She wanted to understand the young girl, she just started to open up.

“You should not like her, Minjoo. She is just a stupid and arrogant child.”

Minjoo felt a strong blush on her cheeks. But she felt angry. Chaewon had no right to say that.

“She is going to hurt you.” Chaewon added in a lower voice before releasing Minjoo’s upper arm.

“I’m not arrogant!” Yujin suddenly yelled. “I like Minjoo! I won’t hurt her. I can’t hurt her…” And then, she realised that she confessed.  “I-I will go home.”

Minjoo didn’t follow her. She felt so many emotions in her chest, anger, pain, love… Love?

“It’s better if you stop working there Minjoo.” Chaewon’s voice broke the younger girl’s thoughts.

“Don’t decide for me.” She left.

The tears rolled on her cheeks. She walked slowly, knowing her friend will not come after her. She needed this job. For the money of course, but for so many reasons. Reasons she couldn’t tell. Minjoo just went home.

Why was everything always so complicated? Why life isn’t just simple? She wondered, sitting on her bed. She thought about Yujin’s words. Did she mean it? Did Yujin really like her?

A loud knock echoed in the quiet flat. Minjoo grabbed her phone, frowning.

 

To: Chaewon

I’m not going to let you in.

 

From: Chaewon

That’s not me.

I’m sorry Minjoo. I didn’t mean to hurt you.

 

The maid didn’t reply back. She let her phone in her room and went to open the door. It was the last person she expected to see.

“Yujin? What are you doing here?”

“It’s stupid, right? To run away like this.”

Minjoo studied the younger girl’s face. She looked tired as if she ran. Her breath was slow, her eyes looking straight into Minjoo’s.

“Come in.”

They sat next to each other. It was awkward. They didn’t talk nor look at each other for some seconds. It seemed like minutes for Minjoo.

“Are you alone?” Yujin finally asked, her curious eyes wandering in the room. “Your mother doesn’t live with you?”

“No… Not anymore.” A light smile was drawn on the maid’s lips. “Sorry for Chaewon earlier.”

“It’s not your fa-” A loud yawn interrupted Yujin’s answer. “S-Sorry.”

Minjoo giggled, daring to look at the girl. Yujin leaned her head on the maid’s shoulder. Their bodies were close, but it felt nice. Yujin slowly closed her eyes, her hand reaching Minjoo’s. They intertwined their fingers.

“Thank you for coming into my life.”

Minjoo lips pressed together. She was glad to be there, to have met the y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter