Chapter 1: New life

You deserve everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin had been sitting here for hours. was dry, her eyes puffy. She couldn’t even cry anymore. She looked out the window painted with the sky’s tears.

Yujin felt lost. She had lost the women who raised her, made her laugh and believe in happiness. She thought she could be strong, but she felt so weak now.

After her mother’s death, when she was still a kid of three years old, Yujin’s father employed a maid. The woman took care of his daughter as if she was hers. Yujin loved her very much. Twelve years later, the woman was diagnosed with cancer, and then, she was gone.

Yujin’s father was always busy. He left early and came back late at night. He worked hard for himself. Yujin knew it, he didn’t do it for her. She was an obstacle to his career. She remembered her mother’s words.

You know Yujin, it’s difficult for him, but your father loves you.

It echoed in Yujin’s mind. She was still young when these words were pronounced, but it felt like yesterday for the young girl. Her father was not there for her. He was never there. She didn’t like him. She hated him.

Yujin’s eyes let the familiar scenery of the garden go away and cast a quick glance at her clock. She noticed it was ten past eight already. She was going to be late for school.

The house was dark and quiet. Yujin was alone. Her phone suddenly buzzed, breaking the calm.

 

From: Eunbi

If you skip school again, I will scold like a three-years-old-kid Yujin.

 

A sly but hurt smile appeared on the young girl lips. She didn’t really care. She still listened to her friend and quickly went to school.

Eunbi was like Yujin big sister, by eight years her senior. She looked after Yujin even though there was still a distance between the two friends. Yujin trusted her, but she never confided in her. Eunbi respected her friend’s choice. She knew how hard it was to open your heart to someone.

Yujin quickly sent a message to her friend. Deep down, she knew nothing mattered anymore, but she tried not to drown in her own sorrow.

 

To: Eunbi

It’s okay. I’m not skipping school.

 

Yujin couldn’t focus in class. She looked out the window for hours. She watched the wind blowing into the green leaves. Her arms held her head, eyes half closed as if she could fall asleep at any time. Her heart was tight in her chest. She just wanted to cry more.

Once Yujin reached home after her long and tiresome day, she noticed someone in the house. She wasn’t scared. She nonchalantly walked toward the noise. It was her father.

“What are you doing?” She almost snapped at him.

“I found a new maid. I was looking for one since she died.” His tone was calm and cold as usual.

Yujin understood who he was referring to. But it hurt. She didn’t feel ready. She wanted to stay alone. She opened to talk, but no words came out.

“You do not have class tomorrow, right?” Yujin’s father asked before looking at her.

He was tall, the same expression on his face. He looked cold and arrogant. Yujin couldn’t stand it.

She just nodded at her father’s question.

“She will be coming tomorrow. Welcome her. I have work to do so I cannot s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter