Chapter 7: You deserve everything [END]

You deserve everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin was lying down on the couch, her head resting on Minjoo’s laps. The older girl gently her hair. Yujin relaxed with the touches. She let out a sigh. Minjoo hummed a familiar song. After a couple of minutes, Yujin suddenly shifted nervously. Minjoo let out a giggle at her friend’s behaviour.

“What’s wrong?”

Yujin sat up, looking at the short girl. She pouted a bit. Minjoo gently took her hand and gave her a reassuring look.

“I want to talk to my father.” Minjoo gaped at the younger’s words. “I’d like you to be there.”

“He is your family. I’m no one, Yujin.” The older girl smiled sadly, but it made Yujin frown.

“That’s not true!” She shouted before clearing . “You’re a better support than him. I need you, Minjoo. Please.”

Minjoo wanted to insist. She wanted to help Yujin, but she was scared of the man. He only saw her as a simple maid. He wasn’t even aware of Yujin’s life, especially the last events.

“Okay. Okay, I’ll come with you.”

 

If Yujin said she was scared, it was an understatement. She was standing in the middle of the living room, her father was here. He was busy working, as usual. Minjoo was not exactly next to her. The older girl was a bit behind. Yujin took a deep breath, convincing herself she had to talk.

“I need to talk to you.” Her voice sounded firm and confident.

“I’m busy, Yujin.”

Of course, he was, when wasn’t he?

“It’s important.” She insisted, but he didn’t even bother to answer her. “You’re the worst father ever! I’m trying to talk to you? When did we have a real talk since mom died? Never! Because you’re always buried in work more than you had ever been.” She started shouting at him, and he finally raised his eyes on Yujin. “I needed you. I need you, and you’re never here.” She added with a calmer tone.

He stared at Yujin, quiet. He put his gaze on Minjoo and frowned. “Why is she here?”

“She is here to support me. Her name’s Minjoo because I guess you didn’t bother to remember it.”

“How cares about our ex-maid’s name?” He hissed, and the older woman stepped back by reflex.

“I do. I care. Because-I…” Yujin gritted her teeth, she was about to lose her patience. “Because I love her! I love her, and she is supporting as you’re not here. I guess you didn’t notice how happier I became since she is here. You’re so useless, useless and full of yourself. The only thing that matters to you is your stupid work.”

Her father was quiet, his mouth hung open. He noticed the tears on his daughter’s face. Minjoo dared to walk closer to Yujin. She placed her arms on the younger’s back, it in a gentle manner. Yujin let out a sigh when she felt the reassuring touches.

“I’m sorry.” Yujin’s father finally talked. “I’m sorry, but you know my work is important.” Yujin let out a bitter chuckle.

“That’s it? You work is more important than me. Okay, fine. Sorry.” She sniffles and cleared . “I thought-I don’t know. Maybe, you loved me or something.”

The father stood up, a serious expression on his face. He walked to Yujin, the young girl didn’t budge. He did something she wasn’t expecting. He hugged her. Minjoo removed her hand quickly. She stared at the two people next to her. She smiled when Yujin returned the embrace. Minjoo was about to leave them alone when the voice of Yujin’s father stopped her.

“Wait.” She turned around and looked at him while he broke the embrace. “Thank you for taking care of my daughter. I know I’m a horrible father.” He looked at Yujin when he spoke the last sentence. “You were suffering, and I didn’t even notice it. I’m sorry. I thought you were doing okay, I thought you were living your life like you always did. I can’t make it up for the lost time, but I want to do better now. Yujin, let me try, please.”

The tall girl nodded slowly, unsure. She couldn’t really believe that her father was asking her a chance to prove himself.

The two girls left the living room and reached Yujin’s room. The moment they stepped inside, Yujin jumped in the older girl’s arm, hugging her tightly. Minjoo didn’t hesitate a second to hug her back.

“Thank you.” Yujin whispered, closing her eyes to enjoy their closeness as much as possible.

“I didn’t do anything.” Minjoo’s chuckles sounded like a melody to the taller’s ears.

“You were there. I couldn’t have talked to him without you.”

When Yujin finally pulled away, she was smiling. It was a bright smile, the kind that made Minjoo’s heart skip a beat. Their eyes were locked. Nothing could break their moment. And then, Minjoo talked.

“I love you too.”

Yujin’s grin was wiped off her face and replaced by a stunned expression. Minjoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter