BONUS: Through These Eyes

Go Along With It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun couldn’t concentrate, not one bit. Sana kept walking in and out of her room, her roommate kept talking loudly on the phone without regards for those around her, and the television was constantly on even when nobody was watching. When she turned it off, her roommate would get mad saying that she had been tuning in. Yeah right. At this point, even I can memorize the plot better than you, Dahyun would think.

 

During the first year of living in the dorms, it was very exciting for Dahyun. Her roommate was fun and spontaneous, and to top it off, she could spend time with Sana whenever she wanted. They would have unnecessary rendezvous at the library late at night, which was exciting. Of course, these were the times when Dahyun didn’t mind being rebellious every once in a while. But as her third year rolled around, her future called for her to be serious. If she wanted to be successful after college, she had to work hard. It was crunch time for her. She couldn’t very well graduate without a foothold in society.

 

Dahyun started composing songs for the school’s theater department. In turn, the head of the theater would submit her most notable pieces to well-known organizations for publicity. So far, none of her works had gotten that far. The professor said it lacked humanity, and could she blame her? How the hell was Dahyun supposed to create a piece with humanity if she was constantly annoyed at home?

 

To add to that, Dahyun enrolled for various honors classes, which were no easy feat for her. She needed to expand her grades. A great compositionist wouldn’t look so good if her grades were .  

 

It wasn’t until a day came when her roommate accidentally spilled coffee on her hard work. Her coffee-stained music notes lay tattered on her desk and a half-assed apology written on a post-it note next to it. Dahyun petitioned to move out of the dorms within the hour.

 

At first, Sana was angry. First of all, for not telling her beforehand. Second, for wanting to be apart. “Do you really hate living with me that badly?” she said with clenched fists.

 

Dahyun couldn’t get angry at her, to tell her that she was distracting even though, at times, she was. She only felt sad. The younger one pulled her in an embrace. Sana was still mad so she tried to squirm out of it, but Dahyun wouldn’t let go. Eventually, the warmth of her girlfriend caused Sana to melt into her arms.

 

“I’m sorry,” Sana muttered in a melancholy voice. The Japanese knew the reasoning behind her decision, and Dahyun knew Sana would understand, which was why she had no problem doing it.

 

Throughout their relationship, they’d built a solid stance. There were still times when they would argue about the most trivial things, but when it mattered the most, they understood each other.

 

“A time will come when we’ll be under the same roof again. I can be certain of that,” Dahyun told her. “Until then, will you wait for me?”

 

Sana chuckled, “Is that even a question? Without a doubt.”



 

Nearly a year later...

 

Sana waited for Dahyun for almost 15 minutes now. She stood in front of the train station, watching the passengers come out in the hopes that Dahyun would emerge out of them. She messaged her a few times and called twice, but there was no response. She was beginning to worry that her girlfriend would back out again. Sana understood that Dahyun was busy, but she felt that she hadn’t spent a proper day with her in a long time. She missed her.

 

After a few more minutes, Sana saw Dahyun beeline her way through the crowd in a rush. When she was close enough, she pouted, “Yah! You’re late!”

 

“Sorry!” Dahyun huffed and stopped for a breath. “My professor let me out late. Are you hungry?”

 

“I am. I didn’t have time to eat earlier today.”

 

“Aigoo, you really shouldn’t leave the house without eating something at least. If you lived with me, I would tie you up until you ate.”

 

Sana smirked. “I didn’t know you were into that.”

 

Dahyun playfully gave her a light hit on her arm. “Don’t t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter