BONUS: Strawberries Are Sweet, But She's Sweeter

Go Along With It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: In honor of Chaeyoung’s birthday, I decided to write this short. Although it will be published late, happy birthday to our cute rapstar!

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

From the moment she woke up until that part of the day at 3:50 pm, Chaeyoung thought her day could not get any worse.

 

She woke up at exactly 4:51 am, only 2 hours after she fell asleep, slumped down on her desk with the past valedictorian speeches scattered in front of her and research papers she did not know how to put together. She had been so occupied with the various application essays she had to write for college admissions. Adding the fact that she had to speak to the whole graduating class about what her high school experience meant to her made her head pound and her sleep lacking.

 

Her college essays should’ve been her first priority, but she couldn’t help but pay great attention to what the hell she was supposed to say to teenagers who were taking another step in their lives. Although she doesn’t generally care much of what people thought, she was nervous. She wanted to leave a good impression. She wanted them to look at her and think ‘wow, she looks smart; she sounds smart; she’s not just someone pitiful who got into our school with a mere scholarship.’

 

There were five days left until graduation, but there were six days left before her applications were due. It was an intense week for Chaeyoung that she couldn’t wait for it all to be over.

 

Chaeyoung walked down to the kitchen for coffee only to find out that they’ve run out and she wasn’t about to walk to the store at 5 in the morning while half-asleep. She groaned and satisfied herself with orange juice.

 

She couldn’t even go back to sleep because she knew she would oversleep and she couldn’t afford to be late for school. It was Monday and they were going to be practicing for the graduation ceremony. So instead, she went into the bathroom and got ready.

 

She washed her face and used some serum to conceal the dark circles appearing under her eyes. Chaeyoung usually made a whole lot of noise when brushing her teeth, something Dahyun told her when she slept over a few times. She didn’t want to wake up the household so she took her time slowing down her motions.

 

After finishing up, she went back to her speech and research papers. She was so focused that she lost track of time and didn’t notice everyone else waking up. It wasn’t until Jeongyeon barged into her room to urge her that she snapped from her trance.

 

“Yah, we’re going to be late!” she said.

 

“Huh?! Motherf-” Chaeyoung stopped herself mid sentence and shoved everything in her bag. She had planned to get coffee before going to school, but it seemed that that was out of the question.

 

After homeroom, she went to the student store to pick up her gown and tassel, but the workers couldn’t find one under her name. She was sure she bought it, but then she had to rethink. Did I actually buy it or was that just me thinking I did? She thought. She asked to buy it then but apparently they didn’t have a smaller one for her size and all that was left was a bigger one that way too tall that it dragged about 3 inches behind her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter