three

babysitter [UNDER MAJOR EDITING]

Bold means Japanese

 

 

Chaeyeon uncomfortably shifted at the couch as she watched Nako and Miss Miyawaki happily talk to each other.

 

“Okay, Nako baby. Mommy and Chaeyeon-unnie will talk about some things. Can you play with Jinsoul-unnie outside until we finish talking?” Miss Miyawaki said softly to her child, playing with Nako's pigtails.

 

The little girl grinned and nodded enthusiastically before turning to Chaeyeon– and the ash blonde haired girl instantly smiled when she saw Nako tilting her head to see her.

 

“Chaeyeon-unnie! I'll be right back. And i hope when i come back you'll be my next babysitter!” Nako yelled and jumped out of her mother's arms. She waved at her and Chaeyeon waved back before Naruto running to God knows where. Chaeyeon shook her head with a smile when Nako did that kind of run, she must be watching that anime.

 

She was busy staring at where the little girl went when she heard Miss Miyawaki clear – so she instantly turned to her– their eyes meeting.

 

Chaeyeon watched the woman shift from bright to cold and strict again. It made her shiver when she saw how her sparkling eyes turned into emotionless one.

 

“I see that my Nako already loves you. It's rare for her to act like that when she first met her new babysitter. Even Chaewon had a hard time making her comfortable with her.” Miss Miyawaki said with a serious tone. Chaeyeon just awkwardly nodded and smiled. Then she froze when she realized something.

 

Chaewon— what?

 

“I'm sorry to sound rude but uhm, are you perhaps pertaining to Kim Chaewon?” The taller girl asked, a little bit nervous. She didn't know where the courage came from but she was really shocked about what she heard.

 

Miss Miyawaki's brows creased. “Yeah? She's also the one who recommended you to me. She worked here as Nako's babysitter but only for the meantime because she really needed to focus on studying. She's also one of Nako's favorite babysitters, that's why we're a little bit close. She didn't say that to you?” She asked, there's a hint of confusion on her tone.

 

Chaeyeon certainly didn't know about that one. She's not even surprised that her friend did not inform her that she worked as a babysitter. Chaewon isn't the sharing and talkative type, she just really stays silent until you talk with her. She doesn't like sharing what's happening into her life until you ask her about that.

 

The ash blonde haired slowly shook her head and she saw how the woman in front of her snorted. “Of course, that girl. She won't really talk if you wont start the conversation. That's why Nako really likes her, she doesn't scold or yell at my child. She will just simply stop Nako by gesturing something at her.” Miss Miyawaki explained further and Chaeyeon agreed with that.

 

Chaewon is always calm and collected. She's the only sane person in her group of friends– and dont start about Yena.

 

Chaeyeon straightened her posture when she saw the woman raised a brow on her, it really scares her but Miss Miyawaki really looks so hot doing that—

 

“Chaewon also told me your horrible state right now. She told me you refused going to Japan with your parents so they stopped supporting your needs?” She hissed, obviously annoyed how her parents treated her.

 

The taller girl nodded and kept mum. She saw how the woman huffed in annoyance.

 

“Are you half Japanese or....?” The woman continued, eyeing her.

 

Chaeyeon cleared before answering. “Uhm, no. I'm pure Korean. I grew up in Japan because my grandparents stay there. We go there yearly but last year they decided to migrate there and yes, I refused to go with them.” She muttered, drops of sweat started forming even if the aircon was full blasted. She really gets nervous when Miss Miyawaki stares at her. Her sharp looks simply can make her shake in fear.

 

The woman nodded. “So i expect you to know how to speak Japanese?” She suddenly said.

Chaeyeon flinched at the sudden use of Japanese but she nodded quickly nonetheless.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Fluently?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Miss Miyawaki nodded and there's a satisfied look on her face. “Nako is smart, I think you noticed that? I want you to speak Japanese sometimes with her. She still doesn't know some Korean words because she's only five years old for god's sake. When you teach her some Korean words and phrases, I'll pay you more.” She explained and Chaeyeon dumbly nodded.

 

“Chaewon told me your schedules. You're free on 1pm onwards every Monday, Tuesdays, and Fridays. While 7am to 2pm at Wednesday and Thursdays— and that's your working hours. While Saturdays and Sundays, it depends. I'll just message you with that. I frequently have emergencies at work on weekends so... I expect you to arrive as soon as I messaged you, got it? You can get your pay every Sunday. That's all.” She ended the conversation and stood up, making Chaeyeon also stand up hastily.

 

The woman raised her brow at her. “Yes?”

 

The ash blonde haired girl wetted her dry lips first before saying something. “Uhm, do i start now?”

 

“No, you start tomorrow. I'm off to work today, Nako doesn't need a babysitter for now. It's Saturday tomorrow– and i have to fix some papers at the office so yeah. ” She answered.

 

Chaeyeon nodded understandingly and unconsciously stared at the other girl. Miss Miyawaki gave her a 'anything-to-say-again?' look.

 

“Do I really won’t pass any documents or even i.d to you? You barely knew me at all.” The taller girl said, hesitating a bit. She saw the other woman tilted her head a bit.

 

“I trust Chaewon. She won't just recommend someone who doesn't know how to do her job properly. And besides, you had too many experiences. I also know how to choose the right person that I can hand my child without doing any harm to her. For now, Nako likes you and you're slowly earning her trust, and that meant you're also earning mine.” Miss Miyawaki answered seriously, making Chaeyeon shiver. She also felt her heart flutter and warm when the woman said she can trust her.

 

The taller girl nodded her head eagerly, terrified when Miss Miyawaki gave her another sharp look when she froze again.

 

“Good then. I expect you to do your job wisely– and oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Miyawaki Sakura. Just call me Sakura-chan, you're not much younger than me.” Sakura muttered before walking out leaving Chaeyeon speechless.

 

Sakura? Like cherry blossoms? Wow, even her name is very stunning

 

“Wait what—? Not much younger than me!?” The girl whispered to herself, shocked. She scratched her head confusedly. Sakura does look like she's only in her early twenties, but she has a daughter that was five years old!? Chaeyeon was beyond shock, you can tell.

 

But instead of jumping into some stupid conclusions, she just decided to ask Chaewon later about her boss.

 

 

Chaewon heard someone slammed the door closed with a loud thud but she didn't flinch or anything and kept her gaze focused on the book she's reading. She already knew who was the intruder.

 

“I can't believe you never mentioned that you worked as a babysitter also!” Chaeyeon's voice bounced against her room's wall.

 

Chaewon finally looked up from the book she's reading and saw a fuming Chaeyeon, she only tilted her head innocently. “I didn't know that was necessary at all.” She answered, playing innocent.

 

She saw how Chaeyeon's nostrils went bigger and she could almost see a smoke coming out of there, but she stayed calm. “It was important! I thought you only worked as a librarian all time! I thought you were my friend!” The taller girl shouted.

 

Chaewon scratched her head. “I thought you were my friend also, so you might know that i'm not a talkative type. It's no big deal working as a babysitter. Everyone in our group was doing their best to earn money.” She answered before turning to her book again.

 

It's actually a deal, but not that big. Chaewon working as a babysitter is hilarious if you think, but it's just a normal job for the latter– she needed money. She actually had plans to tell her friends that she quitted as a librarian because one of the workers there won't stop flirting with her and she got annoyed. So yeah, one day she just found herself babysitting, it's a little bit hard since the kid always moves around and is very hyper– but she enjoyed it nonetheless. But when they go for lunch together, everyone is in their own world or talking about something– like she said, she isn't the type who always talks or shares– she just sits there, watching them talk and laugh. So she always hesitates to in or she suddenly forgot what to say.

 

Chaeyeon sighed and sat beside her. “I know but still, you need to tell us. Now tell me, what's your current job? She told me that you quitted as a babysitter because of studying.” The girl asked but more calm than before.

 

“I work as a librarian again in the same place. The boy who bugs me off got fired last week because he got caught making out with someone in the storage room. And yeah, midterms are coming that time, I need to focus on studying or I'll fail.”

 

“Midterms!? That was just a month ago.” The older girl yelled.

 

Chaewon closed her book and tossed it at the corner of the bed then turned at Chaeyeon who's fidgeting her fingers and pouting her lips. By the look of that, the ash blonde haired girl came here for something.

 

“So.... How was the Miyawakis? Did you meet Nako? And what is your real purpose for coming here? You usually call me if you want to ask something but you came here personally, so that must be important?” The shorter girl said with brow rose and crossed arms.

 

Chaeyeon looked at her with a surprised face. “Woah, too many questions! Chill.”

 

Chaewon rolled her eyes. “Just answer me, fool.”

 

The older girl sighed and looked at her. “Fine. Well for the first question. Yes, I did meet Sa– I mean Nako and her mom.” She answered.

 

Her face felt warm when Chaewon noticed her mistake– she almost said Sakura so the latter wiggled her brows in a teasing manner.

 

“Oh okay. Nako's a cutie pie right? And does Sakura-chan scare you off?” Chaewon asked again. Chaeyeon felt her cheeks get warmer at the mention of the name.

 

“Yes, she's super adorable aaaAAaaa. And, S-Sakura-chan, she did make me scared for my life. When she looks at me it makes me almost on my pants.” Chaewon laughed at the answer.

 

“That's Sakura-chan for you. She did make me also terrified at her but as soon as you finally get close with her, she's actually a cinnamon roll.” Chaewon muttered.

 

“A what?”

 

“Nothing. Anyways, it won't be hard dealing with Nako because that girl is obedient. But the hard thing is when that little fluff ball plays around and hides somewhere, good luck. The Miyawaki Residence was so freaking huge and wide. It took me weeks to know every corner of that house.” The shorter girl said, even recalling how she got lost there many times when she was searching for Nako.

 

Chaeyeon mentally noted to memorize the corners of the house.

 

She looked at Chaewon and saw that the other girl was also looking at her but there's a smirk on her face. “Do you find Sakura-chan attractive?” Chaewon suddenly asked Chaeyeon, making her choke.

 

The ash blonde haired girl's cheeks were on fire. “Oh hell no! She may look good but– I mean just average– no! She's not average, she's a goddess– i m-mean, the answer is no.” She said defensively, even waving her hands and forming an 'X' with her arms.

 

Chaewon chuckled. “It's fine, Chae! She's very attractive, i know. No need to be defensive there, tomato.” She teased making Chaeyeon grow hotter.

 

The shorter girl waited for Chaeyeon to calm before speaking again. “So what's your purpose of going here?”

 

The taller girl pursed her lips before shifting closer to Chaewon. “Well... I want to know the Miyawakis better.”

 

“Or only Sakura?”

 

“What!? N-no! I also need to k-know Nako better!”

 

“Hahaha, chill. Okay.”

 

Chaewon fixed her position into a more comfortable one before answering Chaeyeon's questions.

 

“Hmmm. Sakura-chan, she's the CEO of Hotaru Airlines.”

 

“What now!? CEO of an Airlines!?”

 

“Yep, she's really the CEO of such Airline. Other than that, i dont have the position to tell you more. Sorry.” Chaewon mumbled before looking down. Chaeyeon understood but there's still a part of her that she felt disappointed. She wanted to know Sakura first. She will just search the internet later.

 

“Uhm, how about Nako's father?”

 

“.....”

 

“Sorry... So, about Nako only? Please tell me the important things about her.” Chaeyeon said. Chaewon nodded and told her about Nako that everything she knew.

 

Chaeyeon can still feel the disappointment into her chest.

 

 

More longer chapterrrssssssssss!

 

UhMmmm i dont know how this airlines and business things work so.... :D i also didnt proofread this uhhhh

Please comment! I get motivated by reading your comments :D

 

(EDITED! A/N: damn this is making me cringe lmao)