twenty one

babysitter [UNDER MAJOR EDITING]

Bold means Japanese

 

 

Three months had passed.

 

 

Chaeyeon uncomfortably and nervously shifted into her seat, waiting for her name to be called. Chaewon was beside her, looking calm and collected as ever, patted her thigh to comfort her even a bit. The gesture made her feel at ease a bit.

 

After two years of working and thriving hard alone, she's finally graduating from high school. Well, there's still college, but school isnt her priority for now. Aside of being a babysitter to Nako, she will find another job so she can atleast, support her sisters that's living on Japan and when she's stable enough, there's when she's going to continue studying again. Her decision is already firm.

 

For the past three months, fortunately, everything went smooth. The blooming friendship especially. Their bond is better than ever. They sometimes hung out atleast once a week, and they're super close to each other now. Wonyoung's always consider herself as one of the baby line with Nako and Hitomi, whining whenever Yujin teases her that her height dont match the standards of a literal baby, but nonetheless, Eunbi always treats and sees her one.

 

“Lee Chaeyeon, the top one achiever of the batch!”

 

With that, Chaeyeon literally jumped into her seat, fidgeting as she walked up to the stage. She can still hear Chaewon and Minjoo's cheers from the distance, making her more tensed. She hates the attention she's getting, almost of the people attended gave her a big applause.

 

Slowly and carefully, she went up to the stage, she couldnt afford tripping infront of hundreds audience. The professors, and dean are smiling at her very brightly.

 

They gave her the diploma and a handshake before gesturing her to go near the mic and deliver her speech.

 

She then finally stood in the middle, a mic was placed near her lips. Her pupils were shaking as she strolled her eyes around the venue, too many people but nevertheless, she started.

 

“Hello, i'm Lee Chaeyeon. Uhh, i may be the said top 1 of the batch but i'm not really good at speaking i-infront of this many p-people,” She started with a bow after her introduction. She heard a few chuckle lingered.

 

Her mind suddenly went to her hardships and smiled before continuing. “I... I'm just your typical student. I just study and work harder than anyone because i'm only a scholar, i came from a average family but, unfortunately, we werent in a good terms until today. And luckily, i have a job that let me eat three times a day and pay my apartment rent, and oh, especially to my idiot friends. They went through with me, they didnt let me feel left out or lonely, they're the best. I'm grateful. Oi, you five, i love you! Thanks for lending me money, bed, and clothes when i'm really near my downfall. Ahh, hahaha! Sorry, i just really want to thank my friends, they're also the main reason why i'am here and not giving up at all even if my situation is like this,” She paused, holding back her tears. This speech is getting emotional but she needed to atleast thank them for everything. It's like her departure speech or something and it's just the start of the speech for god's sake.

 

From afar, she can see Yena and Eunbi weeping like babies. Minjoo is sobbing a bit with a smile plastered on her lips while Chaewon, she's just smirking but the glimmer on her eyes were visible then Hyewon, she's nodding along with her and would constantly laugh at the two cry babies.

 

Huh, they're really emotional. I just said a few sentences about thanking them and theyre already weeping on the floor... What else if u would suddenly leave? Yena would wail until tomorrow

 

Smiling at their reactions, she went on, she wanted to end this as soon as possible. “I also wanted to thank my professors for teaching me well, and, erhm.. Letting me pass when i'm late for their subjects. And for the scholar students like me or not, who felt like giving up. Dont. Just anticipate each day, who knows? You might get lucky, stumble upon something or someone that will make you happy,” Like what happened to me, thank you Chaewon xoxo. “You cant be successful if you would just be lazy and have this negative mindset, nothing will happen. I almost gave up many times, in despair that why my family did this to me. But if i wont do anything, i wont survive, i also cant face them since i'm only a failure. But now, i got something to boast on, thanks to this, i gathered confidence to present myself, that i'm worthy and survived without their support and all. To my schoolmates who's in bad terms with their family, dont rebel, understand them and parents, vice versa. But in that field, i'm unlucky. Mentioning that, i also wanted to thank my sisters who werent able to attend since they were also my big inspiration. Ey, lets not make my speech longer shall we?” She shrugged off the topic. The audience were intently listening to her words.

 

Chaeyeon took a deep breathe before finally saying the last part of her speech. “Before i finish my speech, i wanted to thank this certain someone,” She said with a shy smile, she can imagine her friends snickering at her now. “Even if you're not here, i would like to thank you also. Thanks to you, my world is not crumbling down anymore and i'm living comfortably enough. I love you. I wanted to thank my other friends on the circle, and my little munchkins, NakHii. You guys are one of my motivation, and you, are my inspiration. Let's walk down to this flower path together, forever. And hey, my five idiot best of friends, treat me lunch. That's all, thank you for lending your ears for my crappy speech.” She finished and the audience again gave her an applause, as she walked down to the stage to her seat. Her few classmates congratulating her when she pass by them, and of course, she replied with thanks and a big smile.

 

When she got back to her seat, her friends gave her a group hug, squishing her in the middle. The students chuckling at their acts and let them to mess around.

 

Yena gave her like five pecks on the forehead before giving her a bear hug, Chaeyeon let her, she couldnt resist her anyway. The others about the speech for Sakura but in the end, they gave her again a hug and kisses.

 

Chaeyeon's contented. She still hopes that Sakura's here though, it'll make everything better and perfect.

 

 

The program ended, the six girls were parted, of course to greet their parents. But Chaeyeon stood there in the corner, like a lost puppy. She was looking at the families taking pictures with their daughters or sons who graduated, happily.

 

She was just puckering her lips and looking at the boquet of flowers that her friends gave her, spinning it lightly. When she felt a presence just behind her. Curious, she looked over her shoulders, only to spot a familiar hair and clothes.

 

She blinked for a few times before fully turning her body to the direction where a familiar figure stood.

 

There Sakura was, proudly standing while holding a boquet of flowers with a big idiotic grin plastered on her lips. Some people started to murmur and stared at the beauty.

 

Chaeyeon couldnt believe it, Sakura's here. She's really here, for her.

 

The older woman was in her office attire, looks like she just went off her work just to attend the memorable event.

 

She was broke into her trance when Sakura walked closer to her, smiling ear to ear and looking at her so fondly. She can hear the people buzzing, and the surroundings were silent, observing them.

 

Arent that the famous CEO of an Airline!?”

 

Oohhh, she's really beautiful omg! Lemme take a picture of her!”

 

“It's Miyawaki Sakura! One of the most controversial CEO. She's really popular around, but damn, she's insanely gorgeous in person! Never expect we'll bump into her.”

 

“She's really impressive! Making Hotaru Airline rise from the grave and made it rise to the top again years ago!”

 

“What is she doing here? Oh, well, the answer is obvious. What is her relation with Lee Chaeyeon!? As far as i know, Miyawaki Sakura is cold and mysterious...”

 

Sakura spoke first, very gentle, soft. “Hi, i'm sorry. Am i too late?” She asked, worried. Chaeyeon chuckled.

 

“Nope. You missed my speech, but its more better than this way.” She whispered the answer, the older woman didnt catch it except for the first word.

 

“I couldnt bring Nako since she's still sick, but Kaeun is taking care of her,” Sakura said, passing the boquet of roses, wow, really roses. Ah yes, Nako caught a cold so the older woman couldnt bring her, but it's fine, she could visit her later. Chaeyeon smiled and sniffed it.

 

“I assume that you went here with Yujin?” She asked, still admiring the flowers. Sakura softly sighs and placed her hands on her coat's pocket.

 

“Yeah. But what do you expect? Of course the dog will run to her owner first.” She replied with a snort.

 

“But anyway, i brought someone with me. Not entirely, but she just barged in to my office, so sudden when i was about to go here.” Sakura exclaimed, Chaeyeon's curiousness started to bubble up again.

 

The older woman then stepped aside, revealing a girl who share almost the same features like hers. She was holding a banner with a Congrats, unnie! Now, buy me food and talking with a unfamiliar girl beside her, not noticing that she was already revealed.

 

Chaeyeon was baffled at the sudden appearance. “Chaeryeong!?” She exclaimed, making the said girl turn to her in confusion when someone called her name.

 

“Oof. Hello, it's been a while unnie~” The younger girl said and cracked a smile to her sister. The ash blonde haired immediately pulled her sibling into a hug. “Uhm, suprise? I promised that i'll be seeing you soon didnt I.”

 

“Why are you here!? How—” Chaeyeon shouted, but Chaeryeong stopped her from asking more questions by covering .

 

“Welp. Its my plan in the beggining to attend your graduation, i supposed to bring Chaemin but mother almost caught me so change of plans. I got only to go here, i said i have a sleepover.” She replied with a plain tone. Chaeyeon glared at her at the lie.

 

“Anyway, with the help of her,” Chaeryeong pointed at the stranger beside her. “I afforded the ticket. And helped me come up with a lie.” She explained further more.

 

“Hello, my name is Shin Ryujin,” The girl introduced herself with a small bow and smirk. “Your sister's future wife and—” She didnt get to finish her sentence when Chaeryeong elbowed her side, hard, that she bent down.

 

“Oh my god! Never do that again. I already told you, Shin Ryujin. I'll slice your head one more time you introduced yourself as my girlfriend, future wife, soulmate, life-partner or whatever lie and crap!” The brunette growled, giving the poor girl a smack after.

 

Chaeyeon narrowed her eyes to her sister for the violence. “Lee Chaeryeong, dont hurt my future sister-in-law!” She went to the flow. Ryujin laughed and shook hands with her while Chaeryeong scoffed.

 

“I will never date a playgirl such like her, yikes.” The younger Chae muttered. Sakura snorted in amusement, scooting over to her then ruffled her hair making the brunette sulk harder.

 

“Kidding aside. It's a pleasure to finally meet you. You do really look like Chaeryeong so much, she werent joking that she's a copy of you. Again, i'm Shin Ryujin, your lil sis' bestfriend slash partner in crime.” Ryujin said, raising her brow in a cool way.

 

The ash blonde haired chuckled. “Chaeryeong is getting more deliquent, huh?”

 

“What!” Chaeryeong shouted in protest.

 

Ryujin smiled wide. “She's already badass when i met her, but became more bad after a while.” She replied, holding her laugh.

 

“Well, what do i expect from this little bear. But i assume she's still humble despite of having a bad image?”

 

“I can confirm, she's still an angel in disguise.”

 

“Okay! Enough about me, this day aint about me but you,” Chaeryeong exclaimed, poiting at her sister. “Treat me lunch.”

 

Sakura waves her shining credit card infront of them. “It's on me today. Call the others. We're going for a boost.”

 

 

Their celebration ended well. Sakura took them to her family's restaurant. Ahyeon was delighted to see Chaeyeon again, and wearing the necklace she gave her but she's more delightened seeing Sakura got many friends. They immediately went Flash mode and cooked many foods for them.

 

It's fun as ever. But the main part is, teasing Yena and Yuri. After that new year incident, the two were awkward when they woke up in each other's arms. The severe teasings started when Yuri went to the States again for a week to fix the stuffs she left there and Yena was always asking about the latter.

 

There's something going around those two, they just need a little push, and the gang was doing the job.

 

Ryujin and Chaeryeong wasnt left out, they became comfortable around in short time and even messed around with the others.

 

It lasted for three hours. Unfortunately, Chaeryeong announced that she wont stay long at Korea with her friend. She would drop by somewhere but she didnt exactly said where.

 

“Yah, i'm really grateful, Chaer. You too, Ryujin. It's nice bonding along with my sister's friend. Hopefully, i'll see you two soon?” Chaeyeon said with a sad and gloomy face.

 

The black short haired girl chuckled, stuffing her hands on her coat's pocket. “It's an honor too. And yes, soon.” She replied with a smile.

 

Chaeryeong snorted on her side, and gave her older sister another hug. “I'll see you soon, okay? Sorry my visit is short.” Chaeyeon laughed with that, and patted her head.

 

“Take care. Hey, Ryujin, can i trust you to keep an eye on my sister?” She then turned to Ryujin again.

 

The latter bashfully nodded. “Aye aye. Rest well assured.” She said and made a salute gesture.

 

Chaeryeong pulled away from her sister and threw her a grin before entering the car they probably hired with Ryujin. Chaeyeon gave her a timid wave as the car drove off, until it vanished to her sight. She lets out an sad sigh before going back to the restaurant.

 

The others went home already after the mini party ended, either they're going to do something later, going to a date with their own partner, or its getting late. Sakura was waiting at her inside, she's catching up with her relatives.

 

When Chaeyeon entered, Ahyeon jumped into her seat and pulled the girl into an embrace.

 

“Auntie! You've been pulling her into a hug since she went here! Let her breathe.” Sakura whined, cutting her conversation with her other Aunt.

 

The old woman scoffed at her niece. “This child, really! It's illegal to hug your girlfriend? Tsk!” She spatted.

 

The woman made a face and turned to her other Aunt again, sulking.

 

“Wow, possessive much, Saku? Aigoo! Your mother will smack your when she's still alive if she saw this scene.” Yusae, Sakura's mother's full cousin and Yujin's mom, said in amusement.

 

They continued what they left out, a little while.

 

Ahyeon shook her head while grinning and once again kidnapped Chaeyeon to the previous room where she took her, first time the ash blonde haired went here.

 

“I assume everything's going well?” The aunt asked, her face is bright and obviously happy that Chaeyeon's here.

 

The girl smiled, and nodded. “Yes. Everything is going smooth for us for the past few months.”

 

Ahyeon clapped and squealed. “Thank godness. Is the necklace in good shape?” She asked once again.

 

“Yup! I'm keeping it really in a excellent condition. Thankfully, Sakura didnt asked much about it when she first saw it. I came up with a lie.” She answered, still smiling brightly as ever. The lie is that her cousin gave it to her.

 

Ahyeon then sighed, suddenly shifting moods. She looked down now, making Chaeyeon worry and confused.

 

“The reason i was very eager to meet you and dragged you here at a private place is, i need to tell you something important.” She said in a serious tone, her gaze was strong and intense that it made Chaeyeon gulp and nervous.

 

It's definitely important. She cant help but to fix her position and shiver, the looked that the woman was giving her chills.

 

Ahyeon suddenly grabbed her hands and held it tightly. “Dont tell this to Sakura ever, promise me. And if i tell this to you, nothing will happen towards you couple and make sure your relationship gets more stronger.” She muttered, squeezing her hands gently.

 

Chaeyeon nodded, getting more tensed.

 

“Sakura's father is here in Korea.” She started making Chaeyeon froze in her seat. “Miyawaki Shun, that horrible man who hurted my sister and niece.” Ahyeon said, you can feel the bitterness as she spoke each word. The name of the monster himself makes Chaeyeon tremble in fear. He's that powerful.

 

Ahyeon continued with the same seriousness on her voice.

 

“He visited us, few days ago. Well, he didnt took long here, either he's busy as always or got my signal to go away from our property.” She exclaimed, sighing.

 

“D-Did he do something?” Chaeyeon brings herself to ask.

 

“Well, no, he did nothing. But he said something to me,” Ahyeon said, looking down.

 

The ash blonde haired gulped. “What did he say?”

 

“He said that he will visit you and Sakura sometime this month, and i know he's planning something, Chaeyeon. I need you to stay cautious. He might appear any time and any where. He also mentioned about you, i'm not suprised that he knew a lot about you. Aside from that, he didnt say anything else important and left. But in his tone of voice, i'm terrified he might do a move on you. Sakura probably knew that his father is here, because that guy contacted her. She wont say anything to you, but i assume you noticed how over-protective she was to you this past few weeks?” The old woman said, there's a hint of worriness on her tone.

 

It's Chaeyeon's turn to sigh. “I know this will happen, Auntie. I'm ready. I dont have power, but i need to fight. But yeah, i noticed Sakura's overprotectiveness doubled.” She replied with fierce.

 

She can still recall how Sakura wouldnt allow her to go home without her driving her to her place. Also the older woman would be by her side as much as possible. Chaeyeon certainly knew that Sakura sent one of her guards to keep an eye on her no matter where she go without her. Chaeyeon can feel eyes watching her, and once caught Wonho looking over her when she's at the café with her friends.

 

Ahyeon bursted into pit of chuckles and sighed dreamily, looking at the window. “You two are absolute cute couple, i remember Rahyeon. She's ready to fight Shun's father for the sake of their relationship, but funny how it didnt end well in the end. I'm confident that this wont happen though, to you.” She suddenly said.

 

Chaeyeon smiled, thinking so unsure. “I hope so. I trust Sakura.” She whispered under her breath.

 

“We need to go now. I warned you already, Chaeyeon. Becareful. That man is merciless, you knew what happened to Sakura's friends right? Please, call me immediately if you need help or someone to talk to about this matter.” Ahyeon once again said, squeezing her hands.

 

The girl nodded, smiling but weakly. “I will.”

 

 

“Any place you wanna go first before we go back home?” Sakura asked, her eyes were fixed on the road ahead them. Chaeyeon hummed in response, thinking.

 

“Hmmm, i just want to go home. Nako's sick.” She replied with a small smile.

 

The older woman grinned, losing her one hand from the wheel to hold Chaeyeon's then interwined it. Her girlfriend soften at the gesture, looking at her fondly.

 

“If that's what my wifey wants, then so be it. Let's stop by at the nearest bakery shop though, Hitomi was crying over it and Nako said she also want some... Hmm?” Sakura said in a gentle tone, her voice was husky but soft and Chaeyeon loved that. She then lifted their interwined hands and brought it on her lips, planting a chaste kiss on Chaeyeon's back hand then snuggled it on her cheek.

 

The ash blonde haired smiled and blushed, her heart thumping wildly again. Sakura never fails to make her fall deeper at her. Her romantic gesture is just so sweet, that Chaeyeon cant help but to feel things like it's the first time the older woman did it to her even if it's done for a hundred times already. She still got this big impact on her. And looks like that feel wont fade forever, it will remain until her last breath.

 

Chaeyeon can see that her girlfriend is grinning widely like an idiot while snuggling her cheek to her hand and focusing on driving, her cheeks were flushed too.

 

Chaeyeon wants this to happen everyday, just the two of them like this— being so in love with each other.

 

Sakura stopped the car at the first bakery they spotted along the road. They immediately went in to the store to buy the breads that the kids wanted.

 

The older woman almost emptied the store, buying 12 different types of breads since the two kids didnt specifically asked what bread they wanted. Chaeyeon let her, because Sakura said the others will be given to the workers.

 

After that, they stuffed it on the backseat before continuing their journey home.

 

When they reached the place, the gates immediately open and they spotted Mr. Yang running towards their car, so Chaeyeon rolled down the window. The man looked tensed.

 

“What's the problem, Mr. Yang?” She asked, worried. Sakura looked over with a raised brow.

 

“Uhm, there's a suprise visitor Miss.” He replied shortly, brows furrowed.

 

Chaeyeon froze and Sakura frowned. “What? And you let them in? Who's—” The older woman stopped midway, pursing her lips when she realized that the visitor must be the certain someone.

 

Her grip on the wheel tighten, and her jaw slacked. Mr. Yang bowed. “I'm so sorry, Miss Miyawaki but h—”

 

“It's okay. Close the gates now. I'll be going.” She answered in hurry before started to drive again. She immediately parked the car infront of the porch. She then glanced at her girlfriend.

 

“No matter what, dont let go of my hand.” Sakura muttered and unbuckled her seatbelt, doing the same to the dazed Chaeyeon. She went out and Chaeyeon did the same, the nervousness was evident on her beautiful face. Looks like she's also suspecting the suprise visitor.

 

She walked over to her girlfriend and grabbed her hand again, interwining and holding it tightly before gently dragging her inside her house.

 

Meanwhile, Chaeyeon cant help but to be nervous, recalling the words that Ahyeon said to her. That monster might appear any time, and he mentioned that he'll pay a visit. She cant help but to think that the visitor is him.

 

She also noticed how Sakura's sweet and bright aura turned into a intense and dark aura, her face was no longer cheeeful, she was scowling— her brows are formed into a deep furrow, her gaze were sharp— her eyes were no longer soft, its now burning in anger, and lips twitching, her nose was also scrunched up too because of annoyance. She looked like a mad alpha wolf who's ready to devour you. The casual CEO Miyawaki Sakura that everyone fears of. Even Chaeyeon trembled at the sight.

 

When they arrived at the living area, they spotted a familiar figure standing by the window, admiring the scenery outside.

 

Chaeyeon squinted her eyes to see well, and Sakura's face softened a bit, but there's still a scary expression on her face when she realized the person's identity.

 

The familiar figure wasnt her Father, it's a girl. The woman's back was facing them and wearing a expensive black dress. Chaeyeon's still unsure about her but the older woman knew her well.

 

“What are you doing here?” Sakura hissed, obviously annoyed at the appearance of that person.

 

Seems like the suprise visitor finally noticed them, so she turned around, making the ash blonde haired girl's brow raise. But Sakura remains her expression and her intimidating aura sprawling over, making the atmosphere very dark.

 

It's Yokohara Mizu. The greatest enemy.

 

“Surprise babe! Dad and Mr. Shun told me to visit here since we'll stay here in Korea for like a month or so~ but if you want, i'll live here.” Mizu chirped, skipping her way towards Sakura then hugged her.

 

The older woman growled, and pushed back Mizu away from her, gently. “Dont call me that. Get out!”

 

“You cant. Dad's on his way here, he's going to discuss something to you. I just went here earlier than him because he's dropping off somewhere. Sadly, you werent here and i waited for like 30 minutes?” The girl said, sulking and pouting. Chaeyeon's eyes twitched.

 

Sakura scoffed. “I dont care. You're all not welcome in my home. Get out of my damn house!” She demanded, voice booming through the room. The ash blonde haired girl wasnt bewildered, but Mizu looked like she was scared for a second.

 

Her face softened in fear. “What's happening to you? You werent this harsh towards me! You never shout at me.” Mizu's voice trembled.

 

Sakura sighs, her hold on Chaeyeon's hand tightens. Obviously calming herself, when she didnt answered, Mizu spoke again— nearly breaking down.

 

“And what the hell is that rude woman here in your house too? Why are you holding her hand huh!?” She shouted, crossing her arms.

 

Chaeyeon felt like she dont need to in and let them converse.

 

Her girlfriend sighed again, glaring at Mizu. “I dont care anymore, i said i'm refusing that stupid deal— i wont accept it no matter what. And i think i dont need to explain why are we holding hands. We're simply in a relationship, now go home and dont bother us anymore.” She replied with a monotone voice. She was about to drag Chaeyeon away to upstairs when Mizu dashed infront of them, blocking their way.

 

The girl was glaring at them. “Tell this to Dad and Mr. Shun, not to me! Huh! She's maybe your girlfriend but i'm your wife, and you need to accept the truth.” She said, looking at them with smug face and smirking.

 

Chaeyeon mentally rolled her eyes. And looks like Sakura wasnt happy with that either.

 

“Shut up. I will never marry someone besides her, keep that words glued to your mind. Chaeyeon is only my wife.” The older woman spatted, looking annoyed as their conversation grew longer.

 

Mizu scoffed, and shrugged. “Whatever you say. Tss. You'll marry me. We need to wait for Dad.” She said before walking away, but not outside the house but to the kitchen.

 

Sakura's brows furrowed at the action and followed her, dragging her girlfriend along with her. When they reached the kitchen area, they spotted Mizu making herself comfortable. She opened the fridge and grabbed an apple juice, then walked over to get some glass and poured some for her to drink.

 

Sana and Momo, who's incharge at the kitchen was shocked at seeing a new face being comfortable around. They were blinking rapidly and threw a questioning look at the couple.

 

Sakura just gestured them to leave them, so they did, after bowing— gushing over who's that visitor looking very comfy like she's been living in this house for long.

 

Mizu took a sip on her glass, while looking around then nodding. “Hmm, i like the design of your house. Really nice, cant wait to live here as your wife~” She said, grinning.

 

Chaeyeon kept mum again. Sakura's annoyance got doubled.

 

“I can see that you're making yourself comfortable around my house, but i suggest you to not do that. This is only a one time thing, i wont let you step in this house again.” She scowled at the unbothered Mizu.

 

“Tshh. Yeah yeah— Oooh! This cat kinda cute~ Is this your cat?” Mizu got distracted when Meowmeow suddenly jumped from the counter, sniffing her cat bowl, when the cat smelled nothing— she slowly walked near Mizu, who's gushing over her.

 

The japanese woman squealed, and immediately stretched her hand to pat the cat, seeing that the furry animal is friendly. Her hand was only an inch away from her head when Meowmeow hissed at her, making the girl stumble backwards with a yelp.

 

The couple stood amused, watching the cat growl at the flustered woman, her eyes were sharp and glaring at her, her back was also bent down, and her claws are visible— Meowmeow obviously looked angry and ready to attack the poor Mizu.

 

“What the f—! Stupid cat!” She hissed, composing herself before throwing the cat a dagger look.

 

Meowmeow growled again then hissed at her, before running away to the veranda.

 

Sakura blinks. “My cat clearly hates you, so you're not allowed here. I dont want my cat being angry and scared while you're here. Tch.” She said, raising a brow.

 

Mizu was about to fire back when Sakura's phone rang.

 

With her free hand because her other hand was occupied by holding Chaeyeon's hand, she fished her phone and looked at the caller, immediately pressed accept when she saw that it's Mr. Yang who's calling.

 

“Hello? Mr. Yang?” Sakura greeted, she saw how Mizu crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

 

Chaeyeon stared intently at the girl infront of her. Mizu noticed the stare and threw her a smug look.

 

“What are you looking at? Ahh of course, you're looking at your girlfriend's future wife. Hahaha!” She said, while chuckling evilly making the ash blonde haired girl frown.

 

“You assume and dream too much. It's bad for your mental health.” Chaeyeon fired back with a plain voice, making Mizu annoyed.

 

“What?! . Whatever, let them in.” Sakura suddenly replied harshly and putted her phone to her pocket again, scowling deeply again.

 

Chaeyeon turned to her. “What happened?” She asked, and saw how Sakura's expression changed when she looked at her. Mizu scoffed but they ignored her.

 

“Seems like this woman wasnt joking when her father is taking a visit. Its Yokohara Ishizu, my father's business partner and another enemy of mine.” She replied. Mizu's ears perked at the mention on her father's name.

 

“My father's here now!?” She asked, excited and exactly, someone opened the door and she quickly rushed over there.

 

Sakura didnt said anything and sighed before gently dragging her back to the living room. There, they saw a well-dressed man, and Mizu was clinging onto him.

 

The older woman bowed in respect, but her face is blank.

 

Ishizu nodded, and fixed his suit. “Sakura, its been a while.” He greeted with a smile. Sakura took a deeo breath.

 

“Yes, Sir. It's nice to meet you again.” She replied, with a lack of cheery tone. Ishizu looked down and stared at their interwined hands but not for long when he spoke again then looked at her eyes again.

 

“I came here to discuss something with you and my daughter. It's half business, and your Dad is supporting and agreed to the idea 100%. I'm delightened. Lead the way to your office, please.” He said, smiling with a hidden meaning. Mizu is pouting innocently and looking around.

 

Sakura's gaze hardened again. “Yeah... sure. Follow me, sir.” She said, and walked towards her office, not losing her grip to Chaeyeon's hand.

 

Ishizu coughed and raised a brow. “Uhmm this matter we will discuss is about Yokohara and Miyawaki partnership. Why would that girl go together with us?” He asked, not minding if he's sounding rude.

 

The older woman immediately turned around, clenching her jaw. Chaeyeon looked at her and held her arm, squeezing it for assurance.

 

“I see no wrong about dragging her with us. There's no problem with that, sir. She's my girlfriend.” Sakura replied, obviously angrier. Her gaze was so sharp it could kill. Her grip was also tightening.

 

Ishizu and Mizu was baffled. They thought Sakura will deny that she has a relationship with the other girl, but she got confidence. The man squinted his eyes, amused. Sakura's really serious with that girl, and she's ready to give everything for her. Mizu sulked and snorted.

 

“I dont care if you have a relationship with that girl. But for now, i would only prefer talking to you. I'm not comfortable with a stranger's presence. And this is a family matter. You will only go alone with us, without that girl beside you whether you like it or not!” He spatted, looking serious and about to pop off.

 

Sakura was about to shout at him for bring rude towards her girlfriend when Chaeyeon herself calmed her down.

 

“I'll go,” She spoke, very gently that Sakura pursed her lips, swallowing the curses she's about to throw to him.

 

“No, you'll stay.” The older replied firmly.

 

Chaeyeon gave her a look. “I need to go. Something big might happen if i wont. Trust me just for this once. You might get in trouble.” She said, staring intently at her girlfriend.

 

Sakura gritted her teeth. “I said no. I'm ready for trouble. And he's disrespectful.” She answered, looking at her fondly.

 

The ash blonde haired shook her head, she needed to go, her guts was telling her to go even if she wanted to stay. “Just for this once, i'll go. Settle this problem nicely, okay? I'll text you later, keep your phone up. Hmm? I love you.” She said, holding Sakura's shoulders.

 

Sighing, the older woman gave up. Her shoulders slumping, a little bit disappointed and frustrated but she trust Chaeyeon, maybe she really needed to go. She will also fix this deal as soon as possible. “Fine. I'll wait. I love you too. Becareful on your way, i'll tell Wonho to take you home—”

 

“No no. I can do this, dont worry. I'll be dropping off to Eunbi's. See you.” Chaeyeon cutted her off, kissing her cheeks before going to the door.

 

She saw Mizu sneakering so she threw her a it's-not-over-yet look then went outside.

 

When she reached outside, and bid goodbye to Mr. Yang, she leaned on the walls, taking a deep breath while closing her eyes.

 

After a minute or so, she composed and reassured herself before making her way to where her legs would take her. She's too busy thinking.

 

Until she reached the park, she also bought some ice candy at the store she passed by and sat on the swing, nibbling on her frozen sweets while staring at the children playing around as their family watched them happily.

 

She thought that this day would be fun and memorable, it is but not until Mizu and her dad shows up in the middle of nowhere.

 

She sighed again and kicked the small pebble that's peacefully laying underneath her shoe. She texted Eunbi that she'll drop at her place at dinner before staring at absolutely random things as she thinks deeply. She cant help but to shed a few tears, while still softly nibbling the ice. Her heart is still fragile too. She's just upset and mad how unfair the world is.

 

She was too engrossed thinking about her and Sakura that she didnt even noticed someone sitting on the unoccupied swing beside her. She snapped back in reality when she saw a hand stretched infront of her, holding a handkerchief.

 

“You shouldnt cry. Sad expression doesnt suit you. You're more beautiful when smiling and your eyes turning into a pretty crescents, Chaeyeon-ssi.”

 

That voice is familiar, and they knew her name as well.

 

Chaeyeon turned to the person who's offering a her with a cloth.

 

There she sat on the swing with extended hand, smiling sweetly at her while looking at her with those sharp eyes with a hint of worriness and fondness.

 

“Kang Seulgi-ssi...” She breathed.

 

Seulgi's smile went wider upon hearing the girl mentioned her name.

 

“I'm glad you still remembered. Nice meeting you again. I thought my next encounter with you is at a amusement park or something and being happy and all, but it's quite the opposite. Let me wipe your tears. Your cheeks wasnt supposed to be stained with sad tears.” She said softly, and scooted closer to caress the other girl's jaw before gently wiped her tear-stained cheeks.

 

Chaeyeon is speechless. She just stared and let the blonde do it.

 

Seulgi smiles when she finished wiping her tears, she then positioned her index fingers each side at the corner of her lips then tilted it up, appearing that she's smiling.

 

“There you go! Smile~ you look extra beautiful when your lips was curved up.” She exclaimed, chuckling, still not retreating her fingers.

 

Chaeyeon didnt know why and how that gesture made her smile genuinely. But for now, she doesnt feel lonely anymore.

 

Finally! after almost a month yeeet

sorry really, schoolworks made me really busy since the last semester is nearly ending~ i took my free time to write and here it goes! thank for waiting patiently my dear readers ily :] sorry for the mistakes though, its kinda rushed

im sure the next update will be on the end of the month since my exams will be next week plus i need to work on it~ just wait again lmao

but anyways, thank you for not pressuring me to update :] some of y'all are not loud in the comments >:[ pls comment your thoughts, it gives me motivation no need to be shy! i dont reply but i make sure that i read them all

and that will be it :D see you soon

if you have some questions or simply want to talk to me then you can find me on twt: @rosesrunaway_