twenty eight

babysitter [UNDER MAJOR EDITING]

WHAT TO EXPECT: lots of timeskips, long chapter, messy storyline, errors— and i apologize for that, enjoy :)




 

Chaeyeon plopped down to the vacant hospital seat, clasping her hands together then sighed before looking at Kaeun and Hitomi who are standing up infront of her.
 

“Hey, its alright. It happens.” The head maid said, softly before patting her shoulders. Hitomi went to her side and hugged the ash blonde haired girl. “Chaeyeonnie~ Nako-chan will be alright! She's tough.” She said, trying to make Chaeyeon feel better. The girl chuckled tiredly before ruffling Hitomi's hair.
 

“Sakura is dealing with too many problems and stress over there in Japan. How would she react if her daughter got confined in the hospital? I'm such a bad babysitter,” She muttered, feeling guilty. Kaeun sighed, crouching infront of her. “I also heard the news from Yuri, she said everything is fine now there. The ex-chairman is already arrested. And i'm sure Sakura had a reason why she didnt tell you about these stuffs. Even i'am were shocked.” She tried to comfort her. Chaeyeon gave her a weak smile. “I knew she kept a lot from me. She should really learn how to share, i can atleast help her. And seems like everything just happened in a short span of time.” She replied, puffing a sigh then hung her head low.
 

Kaeun smiled. “It's better this way. Atleast, everything will be smooth from now on. Shun is a good guy. I know that,” She said, but she herself was very shocked also to the news and even dropped everything to ask for some details. “I also knew, he dropped some hints. But i was too naive and oblivious.” Chaeyeon said, shrugging. The head maid looked at the empty hallway.
 

“You should get some drink and fresh air, i heard this hospital got a nice garden. We'll watch Nako for the mean time, i already asked Sana to bring some foods. It's a lot to take in so have a time for yourself. Sakura's plane probably will land in a few minutes. Go,” Kaeun shrugged her off. Chaeyeon hesitated but she could use a drink while having a fresh air, the current happenings are hard to sink into her mind.
 

With a reassuring pat on her thigh, she slowly stood up and excused herself before walking down to the hallway, in a journey to find the vending machines and garden. While walking, her mind was floating, thinking of the events that happened earlier.
 

As usual, Chaeyeon went to Sakura's house to babysit Nako. It was a shock when an unfamiliar number called her, and it was Seulgi and Chaeryeong— she informed her about Sakura going to Japan to talk with her Father. Of course, Chaeyeon was alarmed and confused because how did Seulgi and her little sister knew this? The blonde explained everything. The ash blonde girl wasnt that furious and tried to understand the situation. Meanwhile, Chaeryeong reassured her that she will take care of the matters there and promised that she will make Sakura go home after 4 hours or less because fixing the whole matter wont be long and it's already planned by Shun beforehand. She was about to ask Chaeryeong how the hell did she knew Shun and stuffs but Seulgi immediately bid goodbye and hung up because there's still a drama going on.
 

When the call dropped, Chaeyeon tried to contact Yuri and much to her surprise, she knew all along. The younger explained even if its not needed, but thanks to that, the ash blonde haired girl clearly understood the situation. And she would like to have a talk with Mr. Miyawaki after this but she felt so upset still.
 

After a few hours of waiting, the news broke out like a wildfire, its not a surprise considering how influential and powerful the Miyawaki Family at Japan and for sure, the issue wont die until a few months because it’s a big deal to the Japanese netizens and other asian countries, IZONE Empire hold an important part in the business world.
 

And a few minutes after that, Nako suddenly whined about her stomach and vomited right after. Chaeyeon immediately drove to the nearest hospital when the kid still whined about her tummy, dragging Kaeun along with her who’s trying to comfort Nako with Hitomi.
 

It's just a normal stomache because Nako drank milk and coke at the same time then ate pasta but Chaeyeon is still dead worried. She wont forgive herself if something worse happened to the kid. She didnt much kept an eye to Nako because she's busy worrying and overthinking about Sakura.
 

Finally, after a few seconds, she spotted a vending machine that offers beverages. She chose to have an energy drink and immediately left after getting her can. She needed to recharge her body and wind her mind.
 

She asked some few nurses about where she can find the garden. And after a while, she reached it. The garden is indeed beautiful. There weren't a lot of patients out, only about three to five strolling around and admiring the flowers and bright sky. Taking a lungful of fresh air, she started to find a vacant bench. She chose the one that is near the cherry blossom tree then sat there in silence, drinking her beverage as she deeply thinks.
 

She was just minding her own business when she felt someone sit beside her. She didnt really care much at first, but when she heard someone took a deep breath, she looked beside her and her eyes widened a bit.
 

A middle-aged woman is sitting beside her, a smile plastered on her lips. Chaeyeon unconsciously looked around her, a lot of benches are unoccupied— it's not like she's pissed at the woman for sitting beside her when there's a lot of seats available, she's just confused. But she still bowed a bit to the stranger before doing her own business.
 

“You look worried, my dear.” The woman muttered before looking at her. Chaeyeon chokes on her drink, just a little and turned her full attention to the older. “Uhm.. Well, i— there's a lot of things to worry about today.” She answered, giving a tight smile. She then scanned the woman. She's wearing a hospital gown, so she must be a patient here, and there's a bandage on her wrist, probably from the dextrose.
 

She heard a soft chuckle from the older woman. Chaeyeon was in awe. The stranger looked very beautiful despite wearing a hospital gown, greyish hair, and not-so-wrinkly face, her beauty still  stood out. “Hmm,” She hummed, clasping her hands together. “Penny for your thoughts? I'm not gonna force you or anything, but i would love to hear your worries, dear. I could even give you some advice.” She softly said, not sounding forceful or anything. It felt odd. Chaeyeon feels unusually comfortable to this stranger. Probably because of those soft voice and mother-ly aura she's emitting, and the older woman looks like she's a reliable and full of wise words. Without hesitating, she nodded.
 

“I dont mind. I would love to get this heavy feelings from my chest. Thank you,” She replied, smiling sincerely making the middle-age woman smile at her also before nodding. “You may speak any time, dear, i will listen.” She muttered before turning her head to the garden, but her ears were ready to listen to her worries. Chaeyeon also looked at the garden.
 

“Hmm. It's not really that big deal but,” The ash blonde haired girl spoke after a few seconds. She continued and blurted out her worries non-stop, she doesnt care anymore. She kept blabbering, mostly about Sakura. The woman doesnt even know her girlfriend or the situation yet she still listened to her attentively, and kept nodding along the words.
 

Chaeyeon took a deep breath and sipped on her drink after ranting. “Sorry if i talked too much, ma'am. I'm just frustrated, to myself. And thank you for bearing all of this.” She said, scratching her head. Atleast, her chest felt so light.
 

The older woman chuckled before speaking. “Dear, i said that it's perfectly fine, i'm glad you let your frustration and worries, about your girlfriend and awful situation she is.” She said, then gave her a sad smile. Chaeyeon noticed that, her heart skips there, it felt there's a meaning behind it— not just a simple pity for them. Then, she continued. “Based on my understanding, you felt like your lover doesnt trust you enough? Is that it?” She shot her question and there, Chaeyeon froze.
 

Oh…
 

The ash blonde haired girl uncomfortably shifted into her seat, scratching her palm for unknown reason. She felt guilty suddenly, and she cant even look at the older woman now, embarrassed. She felt so stupid and small, does she really dont trust Sakura? But, she's just a little bit upset over her lover keeping things from her. Oh god, is she doubting Sakura?— With a sigh, the older woman tilted her head.
 

“Dont over-think, dear. It's okay,” She said, snapping Chaeyeon into her trance. “Uhm— i dont even know, ma'am. I think so? I-I guess i'm a bad lover—”
 

“No, you are not.” She firmly said. “Sweetie, face me.” And Chaeyeon complied, slowly, while pouting a bit. The woman almost cooed. 
 

“I'm just asking, but i can be wrong too. So dont let it get it to you.” She reassured her, and patted the younger girl's shoulders. Chaeyeon's head hung low. “And i think you were right, ma'am. Maybe, that's it. Maybe, she doesnt trust me at all! But kept saying to myself she do, and that i understand. Does she even really love me—?” Oh there it goes. Waves of emotions started to engulf her. She gulped, fighting those tears that are threatening to fall but fails as she realized something. “I-I'm such a bad girlfriend. I dont even know a lot of things about her! Especially the personal ones. I'm doubting her— I cant even help her in these kind of things, i'm her girlfriend so she should let me help he—”
 

“Dear, stop for a moment and breathe,” The woman hushed her in the most gentlest way, and Chaeyeon pursed her lips, doing exactly the older told her. Heck, she doesnt even realized that she's already crying. Then, the older woman gave her a soft look, and the ash blonde haired girl was in trance. Those eyes, orbs look so familiar to her? She cant point it out but she felt at ease by being stared down by those gentle and droopy pair of eyes.
 

“Lets go back to where you said you dont know a lot about her, so let me ask you.” She said before throwing a question. “What are the things that you noticed from her throughout your relationship with her? Point it out.” Chaeyeon blinked and started to recall. Oh, she knew and learned a lot! She can list about hundreds but her brain isnt really functioning well right now, so she blurted the first ones that popped out on her mind.
 

“She likes eating umeboshi, that'll be her favorite snack…” She listed and the woman nodded while smiling, encouraging her to go on. “She's fond of cars! She owns a lot of cars.” She said, her eyes brightens. “She kisses her daughter before going to work and when she reached home. She was a really cold-hearted and not a easy person because of some traumatic experiences but i learned that she still have a soft spot and actually childish. She's clingy when asleep. She always put her air conditioner into number 20. Her ears are big and sensitive. She's not really good at running…” She stopped there before looking at the older woman with a innocent look. “There's many more that i cant list it all.” She answered.
 

The stranger bursted out into pit of laughter making Chaeyeon confused.
 

Is she okay?
 

“Oh, dear,” She finally stopped laughing and grinned at her widely. “You looked like a confused puppy right now!” She cooed before fixing her posture when Chaeyeon whined cutely.
 

“Did you just heard yourself? You answered your question easily.” She said, smiling softly. “You're just overthinking to the point that it led to you doubting your own self. That's why you should avoid it. You know the answer but kept denying and let the negative thoughts invade your mind instead. Well, I understand, why are you thinking like this.” She added, ruffling her hair. “You knew a lot about her, dear. And she's very unique and wonderful. Your girlfriend kinda reminds me of someone…” She said, mumbling the last sentence but immediately smiled to shrug it off.
 

“Now, lets move onto other one, you mentioned that you're a bad girlfriend?.. Do you care for her? Do you really love her despite of her flaws?” The older woman asked again. And Chaeyeon furiously nodded. “Of course! I care for her and god knows how much i love that woman that i'm willing to involve myself to everything about her even if my life is in the risk! Everything... for her and her daughter.” Her voice getting lower at the end, then bit her lower lip. “B-But she probably doesn't even trust me… or love me—”
 

The older woman spoke again, cutting her off. “Sweetie,” She started. “I wouldnt blame you for thinking like that but let me tell you. Not because she didnt tell you about something, it doesnt mean she dont trust you at all.” She said, gentle, no hint of mocking. Chaeyeon pressed her lips together in thin line, listening well. “Sometimes, people needed to lie or keep it to themselves to protect their loved ones from harm or something else that will hurt them. Your girlfriend is a good example,” The older said, soft as ever. “She probably didnt want you to worry or be involved in this kind of stuffs, she probably thought that it'll be better if she should be the only one who will face it because it's her own matter. That's the most valid guess. Hearing from what you said about your lover, she's the type who prioritize others first before herself. So it's not a shock, atleast for me.” She explained. “Thats my understanding.” Added by her.
 

Chaeyeon learned a lot of things because of this wonderful older woman. A simple thank you wouldnt be enough. She made her realize other things. She's a big big help.
 

“Did i help in some way, dear?” The older woman asked, worried if she said that offended her. Chaeyeon immediately shook her head and grinned. “You helped me a lot, ma'am. I think a simple thank you wont do!” She said. “Please name anything. And i will gladly do or give you it!” She exclaimed making the older surprised then chucked after. “You dont need to, really. But if you insist, a coffee will do. Any coffee.” She replied with a soft smile. Nodding, Chaeyeon didnt hesitated to run to the nearest vending machine after excusing herself.
 

She bought two and after grabbing her cans, she ran back and saw the woman looking at the almost empty cherry blossom tree with a gentle smile plastered on her lips. Her steps started to go slow, and unconsciously squinted her eyes to stare at the stranger with focus.
 

That smile really reminds me of someone i cant point out. That droopy and soft-looking eyes… I know its very familiar…
 

After realizing she's staring too much, she shrugged off those thoughts and picked up her pace. With a smile, she handed the coffee latté to the woman. The older grinned widely before extending her arm to gently grab it from her. “Hmm, Latté… You have a good hunch, it's my favorite.” She said, opening the can as Chaeyeon sat beside her, opening hers as well.
 

“How about let's talk about something else? You can ask me,” The older woman suggested when she felt the atmosphere got more quiet. They enjoyed the windy breeze while staring at the same cherry blossom tree but talking would also enlighten her. Chaeyeon nodded. “Can i ask something personal?” She asked. The woman chuckled before nodding. “No worries! Ask.”
 

“Why are you here? Uhm, illness?” She quietly asked, a little bit hesitant. She cant help but to be curious and nosy. The older woman sensed the hesitation and chuckled. “Cancer, Dear.” She answered with a bright smile. Chaeyeon's eyes widened. “It's not that serious, right?”
 

The woman chuckled again before taking a sip on her drink. “Hmm. I guess so? I'm getting better, i even got a long hair now. Well, the past few years was painful, but i'm getting better each day.” She answered with a soft tone. The ash blonde haired girl sighed in relief, she's thankful, this wonderful person deserve to live long with no pain haunting her. “Good to hear… I'm relieved.” She puffed out. “How about you, dear? Why are you here? You dont like you're a patient.” The older woman asked her this time.
 

“Oh, i kind of, babysit my girlfriend's daughter. And she whined about her stomach and vomited, i rushed her here out of worry. Good thing its just a simple stomache.” She explained and the older woman nodded along, amused. “You two, i mean you and your girlfriend do sure have an interesting relationship.”

 

The two continued to converse about their life. Chaeyeon learned that the older woman owned a restaurant, in the past, but things didnt go well because of her illness and some personal matters— she left it to her sister. And even bragged her speciality is ramyeon and gimbap, even if she wanted to cook for the ash blonde haired girl, her husband wont let her cook and of course, they're not on her house. Maybe next time, if they met in the future. Chaeyeon liked the sound of that.
 

After a few minutes, Chaeyeon checked her phone to see the time and her eyes widens. It's almost an hour. She needed to go back, Nako is probably awake now. The older woman is quick to pick up and smiled. “Well, i guess you needed to go now, dear.” She said and Chaeyeon slowly nodded before standing up. She went infront of the stranger, and crouched before wrapping her hands to the older's soft and delicate ones. “Thank you, really, i owe you a lot ma'am!” She exclaimed, eyes sparkling before standing up then she realized something.
 

“Wow, we talked for about an hour yet we dont know each other's name…” Chaeyeon blinks and scratched her nape, face burning in embarrassment making the older woman laugh. “By the way, my name is Lee Chaeyeon. How about you ma'am?” She asked, extending her hand for a handshake. The stranger chuckled. “I thought you wont ask, dear,” She said before grabbing Chaeyeon's hand then shook it gently.
 

“Nice to meet you, Lee Chaeyeon-ssi…



 

...My name is Kim Rahyeon,”

 

The older woman gave her another gentle smile and Chaeyeon swore her heart skips, and was left frozen. That smile. She got the same smile as—
 

“Let's meet again soon, you wonderful kid. Be happy always.” Rahyeon said before retreating her arm then stood up, walking away while glancing at the cherry blossom, leaving Chaeyeon frozen and dumbfounded.

 


 

Chaeyeon went back to the hospital building a few minutes after Rahyeon disappeared. She's already walking on the hallway on the way back when she heard a loud and hurried footsteps from behind. So, she looked over her shoulders and immediately halted when she saw Sakura running towards her.
 

The CEO looked very tired and worried. Chaeyeon cant help but to gulp and turned around to face Sakura. The older woman immediately stopped running and hugged the ash blonde haired girl. She embraced her so tight, that Chaeyeon can feel the fast heart beat against her chest. The latter let Sakura calm down and catch her breath, patting her back.
 

“Chaen, i immediately rushed here after i heard what happened from Wonho and Momo. Is my baby okay?” She asked after breaking the hug, still huffing a bit. Chaeyeon threw her a small smile. “Fortunately, it's nothing that serious. Just a normal stomache.” She answered. Sakura lets out a relieved sigh. “Oh, thank goodness.” She muttered before pulling the younger into a hug again.
 

There was a silence for a few seconds.
 

“Hey, it's already over. Finally.” Sakura whispered against her neck. Chaeyeon shivered a bit when she felt Sakura's lips on her neck. “in' finally. I already knew the truth. And my grandfather is in jail now. Me and Father are on good terms now. I'm so happy, Chaeyeon.” She said, voice breaking. Chaeyeon can feel the happiness yet sadness on her tone, she hugged the older tighter and pressed a kiss on her crown. She felt a warm liquid on her neck, and she realized that her girlfriend is already sobbing. “I felt so free. I felt like i can breathe freely now. There's no such words to explain how i feel now. I'm super happy that i learned the truth. Baby, it's the end of my misery. I can finally do whatever i please without someone threatening or watching me.” Sakura explained further, sniffling as her hold on Chaeyeon's waist tightens.

 

It just hit Sakura hard. The new reality that she's free from all those s. She's free to do anything. No one will be hurt anymore. She felt so overwhelmed. She wanted to burst out of happiness.
 

Chaeyeon chuckled lowly, kissing Sakura's head again to comfort her. “You dont deserve any of that anyway. No one deserved to be treated like that by a blood-related. Kkura-yaaa,” She called, and Sakura giggled before breaking the hug, holding her hands. “Thank you really,” She muttered.
 

Biting her lips, Chaeyeon asked. “Why are you thanking me?” And the CEO almost snorted with that. “If you didnt came in to my life i'm probably still a cold, cruel, and bitter woman. And none of this will happen. You made me strong and convinced me to stand up my own and protect my loved ones. You, made my life better. There were ups and downs, but we managed to get through that together and i know there would be a lot of hindrances to the future, but we can manage to get through it. You're my home. You're my savior. You're my light. You're my everything, Lee Chaeyeon... Please, dont leave me, I love you so much.” She choked, tearing up again as she kissed the back of Chaeyeon's hand. The younger started to tear up too. Oh god, how she loves this woman infront of her. She felt so ing dumb for doubting her.

 

“You know that i love you too, right? I promise, i wont leave. Until the end. I will not leave you and Nako, no matter what. Keep that on your mind.” She promised then stole a peck on Sakura's lips before grinning like an idiot. “The nurses will probably think weird of us, let's go to Nako, now?” She said, pulling the older with her.
 

Sakura tiredly smiled, wiping her tears with her sleeve. She cant believe she broke down into tears in public (and at a HOSPITAL!! the ghosts must be applauding them rn) because of this certain girl with ash blonde hair. Chaeyeon is only the person who can make her a sobbing mess, a love-struck giddy teen-ager, and a pouty baby. Only Lee Chaeyeon can make her feel things. She's too whipped and she's not embarrassed to admit it.
 

They reached Nako's room after a while and the kid is awake, playing with Hitomi on the bed meanwhile Kaeun and Sana are preparing their foods at the corner. Nako immediately jumped. “MOMMY!!!” She squealed, opening her arms wide. Sakura didnt waste time and rushed to her daughter and gave her a big hug. “My baby,” She whispered before kissing Nako on the cheek and forehead, checking her from head to toe. “Do you feel okay now, Nako?” She's still worried for her daughter. Nako nodded firmly, patting her chest. “Yes! I'm a tough girl! It's only a stomache. It wont kill me!” She replied making the adults laugh. Hitomi tilted her head, confused as she couldnt pick up the Korean words.
 

“Just dont drink milk and coke together again,” Sakura scolded and Nako nodded while pouting. “Yesssss.” She replied before kissing her mother's nose.
 

“You should recover quickly, someone will meet you soon.” Sakura said, sitting beside Nako on the bed. Nako's eyes sparkled. “Oh, Who? Who!” She asked, excited. Chaeyeon sat on the couch, watching the two with a smile while hugging Hitomi.
 

Sakura threw a idiotic smile. “Your Grandpa Shun,” She revealed and Nako instantly froze. Fear can be visibly seen on her eyes as she slumped her shoulders down. “H-Him? Why? Is he going to scare us again?” She asked, trembling. Of course, the child doesnt know and is afraid of Shun.
 

The CEO's smile dropped when she realized. She gave Nako a kiss on the cheek before answering. “Baby, i know you can understand me clearly even if you're still a child. Can you listen to me very well?” She asked, gently patting Nako's head. The kid bit her lower lip before nodding slowly. “Grandpa Shun is not really bad. He had reasons why he did that. And i can assure you, he wont scare us again. He will prove that he's a good grandfather to you when you meet. Everything is okay now, sweetie. Dont be afraid of him anymore. He's not the devil one.” She explained. Chaeyeon was amazed at how Nako understood it clearly. Wow, such a brilliant child with mature mind. Even Kaeun is in awe when Nako's eyes lit up and nodded furiously.
 

“Grandpa is not a bad guy anymore?” She asked again, confirming. Sakura nodded. “He's not really a bad guy, let's say he was controlled by someone evil that he did bad things to us. He doesnt want or intention to hurt us.” She added and Nako smiled brightly. “So, will Granpa visit me and spoil me?” She asked. Sakura snickered at that but nodded. “Yes, sweetie so recover quickly. He will apologize to you and give you a lot of toys you wanted.” She said and tapped her daughter's chin. Nako squealed with that.
 

Chaeyeon could only shake her head in amusement and ruffled the oblivious Hitomi's bangs.




 

It's almost nine in the evening when Nako was discharged from the hospital. The kid had been whining about going home and kept saying she's already fine and kept refusing to drink medicine. The doctors could only sigh at the stubbornness and just agreed to let her be discharged immediately.
 

Chaeyeon decided to go home in her apartment, its only around ten to fifteen minutes walk from the hospital. Sakura kept refusing and begged her to just sleep at their house instead. She's being clingy again. But when she saw how tired Chaeyeon is, she could only sigh and agree. The latter promised that she'll stay there at their place for a few days starting tomorrow.
 

She just really wanted to have a space and think all night.
 

Chaeyeon also refused to be driven by Sakura home, and excused herself that she'll drop somewhere and with that Sakura finally gave up and gave her a kiss before letting her go and bid goodbye (Nako and Hitomi made a disgusted face while Kaeun and Sana are bewildered).
 

The younger woman is on the middle of her way when her phone rang. She got surprised that it's Seulgi. The model asked if they could meet, and will say something important to her. Chaeyeon agreed and they settled that they will meet on the playground where they second time met.
 

Chaeyeom arrived there first and sat by the swing, rocking herself gently as she stared at the moon. Seulgi arrived a few minutes later, sitting on the swing beside her before muttering a series of apologies.
 

“Sorry for calling you this late,” Seulgi started. Chaeyeon just shrugged it off and chuckled. “I just really needed to say this.” She added before looking at the night sky.
 

“I'm bidding goodbye.” And with that Chaeyeon's head stretched almost immediately to her. Seulgi laughed at the action. “Well, i'm not actually a model. I'm a spy, Chaeyeon. My task is to keep an eye to Shun and work for him. His, not really Shun but Shiro's, order is actually to seduce you away from Sakura. Thankfully the planned failed and Shun opened his eyes. So yea, i needed to move out a lot for my job, and i will be staying for good at New York.” She explained and Chaeyeon listened attentively, she cant help but to be sad, Seulgi is a good friend.
 

“But, Chaeyeon before i finally go,” Seulgi suddenly went serious mode. “I really did like you. You're an amazing person, you're the perfect woman im dreaming of but, you're already taken and i dont have the guts to steal you away from Sakura, ugh, that lucky prick.” She said, shaking her head in amusement with a big smile. “You're also a good friend, Chaeyeon. I will never forget you.  You and Sakura, may you two last forever. I saw how you guys genuinely love each other.” She said, before kneeling down infront of Chaeyeon. “Please be happy and immediately call me if Sakura ever hurted you.” She whispered and Chaeyeon immediately pulled her into a hug.
 

“Hahaha. I'll be late on my flight.” Seulgi said and broke the hug, she wiped Chaeyeon's tears away with a handkerchief, she's worth it anyway. “Tss. I still havent asked about Chaeryeong,” She blurted out, and the blonde laughed. “It's better if you will ask Chaeryeong herself.” She said.
 

There was a pregnant silence. And Seulgi smiled, its a sign that she'll go off now when Chaeyeon pulled her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “Thank you also, Seulgi. You're also a good friend. Also be safe and happy there at New York. You'll find someone better than me.” She said and grinned at the blonde.
 

Seulgi lets out an amused snort. “Damn girl, how am i gonna suppose to move on to you after you did that…” She muttered making both of them laugh. They stared at each other for a while before Seulgi finally turns her heels.
 

“See you later, Lee Chaeyeon~ I wont say anything about this to Sakura. And oh, tell to her that i'm sorry!” She shouted, waving her hand. Chaeyeon swore Seulgi looked so cool. She deserve someone better than Chaeyeon.
 

“Yea whatever Kang Seulgi! See ya!”
 

And with that, Seulgi disappears and Chaeyeon lets out a sad smile. Surely, even Seulgi is one of the reason why she and Sakura fought, she's still a great friend. She wont forget her either.
 

Now, Chaeryeong have some explaining to do.


 

Its been two days since Nako got out of the hospital. And everyone is trying to act like everything is normal.
 

Yuri and Yujin are on the house, trying to get some details from Sakura. Yuri is proud and happy for them, while Yujin is still sulking and still doubting Shun.
 

It's four in the afternoon when Yuri decided to fetch the rest of the gang and hang out. Sakura agreed to the idea, she's on a leave and would love to get some drinks. Yuri and Yujin volunteered to fetch them and brought Nako and Hitomi with them. Even if Chaeyeon wanted to go with them, the two immediately pushed her back in the house and gave her a wink before dashing to the SUV. She scratched her head before going back to where her girlfriend is.
 

Sakura's reading that time and is surprised when she saw the love of her life there. “Oh, i thought you went with them?” She asked, fixing her glasses. Chaeyeon shrugged. “They shoved me away. Theyre weird.” She said. Sakura laughed and closed the book she's reading before tossing it away, then spreaded her arms wide. The younger smiled cheekily and sat beside Sakura.
 

The CEO's arms instantly wrapped itself around her and snuggled onto her neck. They kept giggling and teasing each other as they cuddled there. They were satisfied and happy.
 

When Sakura gave Chaeyeon a kiss near the collarbone, she noticed the silver chain around her lover's neck. She grasped it and examined the key that was attached on it. “This necklace of yours is really pretty.” She said and kept staring at it. Chaeyeon hummed and planted a kiss on her head before nodding. “Pretty interesting, right?” She said, and closed her eyes.
 

Sakura kept looking at it. Her mind started to run as she scanned it.
 

“The design is really familiar.” She muttered against Chaeyeon's neck and started to caress the silver key with her thumb. “So, so familiar.” She said as she eyed the engraved letters (KR) on the key. She recalled something and there when her world stopped.
 

“No ing way,” She cursed out loud and froze. Chaeyeon shot her eyes open and looked at Sakura, worried. “Anything wrong baby?” She asked. Sakura slowly detached herself from her lover and looked at her straight in the eyes. “Baby. Can you go with me in the room? I really needed to confirm things.” She said and stood up before rushing up the stairs, not even waiting for Chaeyeon.
 

The ash blonde knew something is up and followed her lover.
 

When she reached the room, she saw Sakura grabbing a red old looking journal/diary from her collection shelf. It has a lock that's keeping it from opening. The CEO removed its dust and stared at it for a few seconds.
 

“This is my mother's diary. Aunt Ahyeon gave me this and she said that my mother asked her to give me this with a letter but,” Sakura stopped and looked at her girlfriend before walking infront of her. “In the letter that my mother wrote. She said that i shouldnt forcely open this notebook. And the key will just suddenly pop out in the right timing. She asked me to wait patiently because the key is with the right person and it can be only opened in the right timing. And i did, i kept my promise even if im so desperate destroying the lock, i didnt dare.” She explained and caressed the padlock's engraved letters which are also KS, same style with the ones on the key.
 

Chaeyeon froze and looked at the padlock and diary before looking up to Sakura. She gasped when she saw her lover tearing up. “How did you get that key, Chae?” She asked, voice cracking. “I know, its the right key. I have a feel.” She added.
 

The younger bit her lower lip. “Auntie Ahyeon gave this to me when we first time went to the restaurant. She told me about this key, that its from your mother. She said i'm the right person. I just took it with hesitance because i kept thinking i'm not until now…” She truthfully said. Sakura held her hand and looked at her with pleading eyes.

 

“Chae, i need the key… Please?” She muttered and Chaeyeon almost ripped off the necklace from her neck.
 

With trembling hands, Sakura slowly inserted the key on the hole and twisted it, knees almost giving up when the padlock got unlocked. It's the only thing she got from her mother and she now will learn what she had been doing those years when she was gone to Japan. She hugged it tightly. Chaeyeon patted her back to comfort her.
 

After a few seconds of calming down. The CEO looked up again. “Chae. Can you stay with me while i read because i think i wouldnt handle it alone.” She asked, voice wary and low. Chaeyeon smiled and gave her a kiss. “Sure, my love,”
 

Little did Sakura know, the full truth are written on that very book. She'll learn a lot of things about her mother but that's not all, the big secrets will be finally be revealed. That notebook holds the very truth that Sakura might not handle.


 



 

Four days had passed and Shun finally flew to Korea. He was stressed over the issue. It made a big impact on the company and lots of unending problems started to arise. He had a hard time but he managed. He also dealt with a lot of people— Yokoharas are one of them. He managed to put the people who are involved with his father and doing illegal stuffs, behind bars. It's a lot. And hell sure he's so tired but it's worth it. Finally, the facadé is over.

 

Shun cant help but to let out a tired sigh as he sunk further into his seat. He's currently on Sakura's jet plane, flying to South Korea and any minute, they will land. He smiled at the thought of his daughter.
 

Then his smile dropped when he realized something.
 

He still havent revealed some big secrets to his daughter.

 

And he's tensed. Hopefully, Sakura will understand and wont act harsh, he doesnt want to have a bad relationship with her again, and its not even starting yet. Like his involvement on Nako's mom. Anna's disappearance. About Seulgi and his failed plans. And many more. He will surely gonna have a long talk with her later.

 

“Mr. Shun,” Someone called him and he immediately turned to the person who called him. It was Sooyoung, Sakura's secretary. The young CEO personally asked Sooyoung to fetch and assist her father on the way to Korea.
 

“Yes?” He asked back politely. Sooyoung smiled at him. “I just wanted to inform you that the plane will land in a few minutes or so. I already fixed your things. Please ready your self.” She said, then bowed lightly before walking away.
 

Shun sighed again, then fixed himself. He needed to look more presentable as he knows a lot of medias are probably waiting for his arrival. He refused Sakura's offer to take the VIP exit and would be happy to answer a few questions. Sakura also wanted to fetch him to the airport but Shun firmly disagrees and assured his daughter that everything will go well. He got the finest bodyguards anyway. And he cant hurt him because for sure, they will lose their jobs and their family will taste hell.
 

Then, his heart started to beat wildly. He's nervous. But not because of the media, but he's nervous and a little bit excited because of his granddaughter. He knew Nako hates and terrified of him because of what he did, now, he needed to face her and be a good grandfather. And he's also aware that he needed some apologizing and explaining to do at his victims here, minus Yuri since he already apologized to the producer. He will surely have a lot of explaining to do at Rahyeon's family, he doesnt care if he wont forgive him, he deserves it anyway— but even so, he still wanted to get rid of the heavy feeling on his chest even a bit. Plus, Chaeyeon, of course— that kid. Even if she's aware and not oblivious, he would like to talk with her and apologize deeply.
 

He needed to explain to his daughter's lover too and give his real insights about their relationship. And he will surely going to ask about marriage. He sincerely wanted Chaeyeon for his daughter. She's the woman who fixed Sakura and the one who managed to warm her heart except for Nako.
 

That kid. She's very brave. She even dared to talk back with me, firmly…
 

He chuckled at his thought and with that, he felt the jet plane land. And he took one deep breath before standing up.





 

Ahh, like he expected. Wide flashes greeted him as he stepped out of the exit. Full of murmurs and noisy reporters who are trying their lucks to get their questions answered by him. With a sigh, he signed the bodyguards something and the tall amd bulky men started to push and shout at the reporters to create a space and be a little bit respectful as Shun will accept to answer some of their questions.
 

And it began.
 

“On Miyawaki Sakura's last interview few years back, she all denied the rumor of you and her being blood-related despite of having the same features and the same surname. May i ask why?” One of the reporters asked. Easy.
 

“She doesnt want to be involved with my crazy family's doing. And i'm okay with that. I will personally confirm that she's my daughter. Sakura is not your typical girl and she thinks wisely, and besides, it's my own fault but we wont dwell on that. Next please.” He answered and the reporters started to fight on who's gonna be the next. Shun pointed a soft-looking person
 

“Your Father was involved in many illegal activities. How can we sure you are not also? As far as we know, you have a partnership deal with the Yokoharas, and the family is in a big mess too.” He asked and Shun nodded.
 

“I'm the one who's behind their fall. I'm so sick of them doing illegal stuffs. And i admit, my Father did threatened me a lot to do things and i deeply regret that but i can assure you that i did not support or involved myself there. And, I did not like those stinky rats in the first place.” He answered.
 

After a while, he ended the short session and asked the bodyguard to him. He managed to get safely inside the car, with a lot of reporters trailing behind him, trying to get their questions to be answered too.


 

Nako immediately hid behind Chaeyeon's legs when Shun stepped in to the house with Sakura welcoming him with a neutral face. Shun saw the kid's action and cant help but to 
 

The ash blonde haired gave a bow as respect. The chairman sighed and walked closer to Chaeyeon before giving her a 90° bow, making the younger shocked and grabbed his shoulders to make him stand up straight again. “I apologize for all the cause i did. Please let me bow to you, i'm both apologetic and grateful to you. Can we please talk later?” He said, and much to Chaeyeon's surprise, there's an emotion while he talked.
 

She could only nod and Shun's gaze went over to Nako. The old man tried to crack a smile, trying not to show that he's affected and hurt when his granddaughter did that. He smiled bitterly on himself.
 

Huh, look what you did with the precious kid. Nako fears you.
 

He's about to give up and just turn to Sakura when he heard a small voice.
 

“G-Grandfather?” Nako muttered, looking at him with sparkling eyes while clutching Chaeyeon's pants tightly. He froze and looked at the child, then crouched to get on her level. The kid didnt flinched and just looked at him, dearly.
 

“Yes?” He answered, a sincere smile started to creep up on his lips.
 

He saw Nako gulped before answering. “Will you really wont s-scare us anymore?” She asked. Shun almost wanted to kill himself at the spot. Poor innocent child. She's very much aware. Sakura is right, Nako is quick to understand things.
 

With a heavy feeling on his chest, he answered while smiling. “Yes. Grandpa is sorry. I wont do that again, i promise. I will make it up to you and your Mommy.” He said, holding up a pinky. Nako stared at it in awe, not even moving. Shun was about to drop his finger when Nako immediately intertwined her pinky with his' and smiled goofily at him.
 

“You promised! And promise is not meant to be broken!” She said before hugging him. Shun was shocked and looked at Sakura whos smiling brightly. With hesitance, Shun brought up his arms and hugged his granddaughter back. He tried his best not to shed a tear. He never hated Nako, never. When he heard that Sakura took the kid in, he was happy yet worried for them. He would secretly ask a neighbor of them to give them food and clothes for Nako.

 

And with that. Shun tried to catch up with the kid, playing along with her, and a genuine smile can be seen on his face. He even started to suggest what toys they should buy for Nako.
 

Sakura and Chaeyeon both agreed that Shun would be a great grandfather.

 


 

After having a lunch, Shun played again with Nako. The foods are ecstatic and the dining room is lovely, although Shun noticed that Sakura is a little bit quiet and awkward, he didnt mind that much as his full attention is Nako. Until, he finally decided it's time to talk with his daughter first, Nako needed a bath anyway.
 

He invited Sakura to have a chat, and the young CEO just nodded and gave Chaeyeon a look before leading him to the library. He was suddenly nervous at how serious Sakura looked right now.
 

Shun sat on the chair as he watched Sakura move around to prepare a tea then placed it on the table between the chairs before having her seat. There was a silence and Sakura is just looking at her, blankly. He knew something is wrong, and he had a bad feeling.
 

He finally took it as a sign to speak first. He cleared his throat and fixed his posture before speaking, clasping his hands together. “Uhh, once again, Father is sorry, Sakura…” He started, and gulped, his eyes lit up when Sakura's face softened. “Yes, i know. Youre forgiven, Father.” She answered, short and simple. There was a few seconds silence again before Shun started to continue.
 

“I-I really regret everything what i did even i was threatened, i still did cruel stuffs. To your friends too, i… sorry, Shiro saw how happy you are with them so he also targeted the poor kids. I hope i can make it up to you. I'm really ashamed of myself. I did everything to make it stop as soon as possible but everytime i do it, more people get harmed and involved. I'm sorry that i could do anything. I'm sorry you experienced a lot of bad things because of me. I'm sorry that your Father is weak.” Shun said, and hung his head low, trying not to cry. He's willing to kneel at his very own daughter to ask forgiveness.
 

Sakura kept mum and let him speak. Shun sighed. “I'm the cause of your misfortune. I'm the cause why you lived like hell. Not only you but many people. Sakura, i'm really really sorry. I…” He stopped, because he feel his throat being strangled even with no hands are doing it.
 

Sakura reached for his hand, and looked at him gently. “Father, look at me.” She softly called for his attention and with no hesitation, he looked up slowly and almost broke down at the sight of his precious daughter.
 

“It's not your fault having a mentally-ill father. You were left with no choice, you did this so no one will be hurt—” She was cutted off when Shun spoke. “I hurted you! Yes, not physically but mentally and emotionally! And its the worst! I wouldnt be able to forgive my self and its such selfish for me to ask forgiveness from you.” He shouted, looking helpless and frustrated.

 

“I did so many cruel things, oh god! I complied every orders Shiro made me do. I took Anna away from you and gave her to the eldest Yokohara! I made Riko's ex-boyfriend her! I kicked Yuri away from you! I made your life living hell! The only great thing that happened is Nako and she's the fruit of the cruelty that i did! God, recalling the past events make me sick of myself. How dare myself to ask forgiveness in the first place, i'm helpless.” He said, slumping his shoulders and sank further into the chair, biting his lower lip while tugging his hair.
 

I'm so ing cruel and bad. I deserved to be called a devil!
 

Sakura stared at him, and glared. “Stop thinking like that. We both know its not your intention to hurt us. Father look at me! You're forgiven! You're not the devil, you're not the bad guy! Let's move on and create more beautiful memories than reminding that awful past! I will really take my words back if you wont stop talking, i need to discuss something more important with you.” She threatened and Shun pursed his lips as Sakura looked so serious.
 

She didnt open for a while before picking up something at the drawer of the mini table beside her. Shun saw how Sakura's hand tremble as she picked up the certain thing from the drawer and froze in shock when he finally saw what's the thing.
 

Sakura turned to him, and gulped, eyes started to tear up. She showed it to him as she trembled. It's her Mother's diary. “It's Mother's diary. Aunt Ahyeon gave me this and said that Mother wanted to give this to me, she left it for me with a letter. However, it was locked but Mother said that i shouldnt open it with force no matter what. In the future, i'll see the right person who got the key and turns out it was Chaeyeon. From the start, Mother already gave Aunt Ahyeon the key and asked her to keep it and give it to the person who will make me happy and feel loved.” She stopped there and opened the book, flipping the yellow-ish page with tears flowing down her cheeks.
 

Shun is frozen. Of course he knew that book. He clenched his fists so tight and felt he couldnt even breathe. Everything's written down there.
 

She placed the book near the middle, and replaced the untouched tea to the side.
 

“I already finished reading all of the pages. I learned many stuffs,” She said as she caressed the old and fading ink then smiled. Then she looked up to her Father with a sad smile. “Father, enlighten me please? Tell me the truth. I want to know it from you personally because i cant believe it.” She begged, sobbing making Shun gulp.
 

There's no backing out anymore. He knew he needed to tell Sakura about it but, he felt sick nervous. He didnt expect she'll know about tje content inside the diary this fast.
 

Sighing, he finally answered.
 

“I kept many secrets. I kept many for your own sake, for your mother's safety. I kept a lot, i tried to save you one by one but unfortunately, my power is only limited. And this is the biggest secret i hid from you, Sakura.” He answered, dead serious but also his eyes are asking for forgiveness.
 

Sakura broke down and covered from shock. She cant even breathe properly. “Is this r-real?? My mom… Is she really…?” She stopped and cried harder. Shun felt like throwing himself to the cliff for making his daughter cry like this.

 

Sakura grabbed the diary and read the pages one by one again, tears endless as she flips the pages.

 

June 12

Shun appeared while i was doing laundry at the shop and suddenly kneeled.
 

I was in shock. He's really there, crying helplessly and muttering apologies as he begs and kneeled. I dont want to entertain him. I gave long ago for asking where our daughter is.
 

He asked me if i can have a talk with him and  i agreed, thinking if i would talk with him, he would let me see Sakura.
 

He explained everyting from start to end. I was shocked… So shocked.. I dont know anymore, i dont know what to think anymore
 

June 22
 

Its been a week since Shun started visiting me and kept trying his best to make me understand the situation. I finally understood and im still surprised as ever. Ahyeon dont know a single thing and its for the best
 

Now, Shun said he still loves me. I dont know, after what he did. But deep inside i know
 

Rahyeon no, stop ok ill just write again tomorrow
 

June 25
 

He still refused to let me see my daughter and said it was too dangerous! Goodness
 

I miss my daughter badly. Sakura. Ill see you soon, hang on okay? I heard the situation from your Father and im mad.. Im sorry mother couldnt do anything
 

July 4
 

He finally knew my state. He learned that i have cancer and he immediately took me to the best hospital in Korea. I refused but he insisted. My situation is getting worse.
 

Theres no need. My last wish is to see my daughter again. God, please i miss my daughter. I dont want to die not seeing her for the last time
 

July 28
 

Its getting worse im a mess. Too much pain. Sakura. I miss you
 

August 17
 

I tried my everything to refuse Shun's help but he insisted to the point he asked the doctors to make me sleep and treat me
 

August 30
 

Its getting bad. Im getting weak. Shun wont let me see Sakura. He said he loves me right? Why he wont let me meet her. He said its for my own sake.

Im going to die without seeing ny precious Sakura. How cruel world can be
 

September 25
 

Shun revealed that his evil grandfather found me

He did the worst thing ever to ensure my safety. Fake my death
 

I refused because even Ahyeon will be informed i died, i dont like this. But he baited me. He said i will see Sakura.
 

My health is slowly getting better too… But the medical reports were faked and said that my situation is a hopeless case.
 

October 1

Today is the day. If i dont love and trust Shun so much, i wont do this, and its for our daughter anyway. Yes i love Shun. I still love this man even if he did things, its Shiro's fault anyway.
 

Im going to be the actress of the year. I faked my condition is getting worse. I acted like im weak and always in pain and even planned everything. Ahyeon im so sorry. I need to do this.

Shun secretly visited me to and instructed me. Im ready. 
 

Sakura sweetie. If you finally saw this. Mother is alive and well. Your Father is taking care of me well. Please understand him. I love you.

 

“Sakura,” Shun muttered. And the young CEO looked up with him with those dreamy and teary eyes.





 

“Rahyeon, my Wife, your Mother is still alive.”





 


 

Damn finally!!!! Sorry it took longgggggg and this chap is also longgggggg
 

Yep, sorry for the delay im not good at promises. I cant easily find a motivation to write.
 

Also sorry if this lack in many aspects, i did try my best but im rushing it. I tried to fit everything i can fit because the next update will be the last chapter. Im deeply sorry if you did not like it or it was too rushed, too bad, or anything. Im well aware that im a bad writer 💀😂

Anyway this is the last bomb. Rahyeon is indeed alive.
 

Damn im such a bad writer how did i get more than 100 upvotes/ 2k votes… i do not deserve it but im trying my best! Im really sorry again for not giving an awesome update huhu im really bad at this stuffs i shouldnt have take the writing path, its not really for me at all 😬
 

And im really grateful some of you still beared everything and stayed with me along the way, patiently waiting for this 💋💝💗💖💗💟💓💋💋  Im a lazy author yikess 
 

Ahhh i kept rambling too much. Before i go i just wanted to say that, hopefully the last chapter will be up next week or to the other week! uhm just sooner. yea hopefully. i have plans already. with that, i'll go now, see you on the last chapter!!! BLOOM*IZ!!!!