sixteen

babysitter [UNDER MAJOR EDITING]

Chaeyeon slowly fluttered her eyes open, feeling unusually cold. She slowly turned around her head to the other side of the bed and as she expected, Sakura wasnt there anymore.


With a sigh, she rose from the bed and stretched her stiff muscles just to jolt up when she heard a loud crashing noise outside the room.


Chaeyeon immediately wore her slippers and  went to where the noise came from. She was shocked when she saw a cat at the counter, running into some plates making the things fly away to the floor and crush. And Yujin was chasing it.


“Ohhh no! Meowmeow! Dont break things, oh my godddd.” The taller girl shouted, trying to swat the cat away from the kitchen.


Nako and Hitomi are just laughing at her.


The ash blonde haired girl scratched her hair and looked over the clock that says, 1:14am. She then glanced back at the mess.


“What y'all doing? It's 1 in the morning, seriously.” She shouted, crossing her arms.


The three frozed, including the cat, the furry animal even tilted its head to look at her.


“I can explain.” Yujin immediately said, out of breath. Nako and Hitomi also nodded before rushing to the telephone to ask for a broom and duskpan at the staffs, leaving the taller girl alone to explain.


“So, uhm, we're about to go back here when this cat appeared out of nowhere, gawking at us. Nako didnt hesitated to grab it and beg me to take this poor cat because she also thinks it's fated that she should take care of this cat cuz' she's singing some japanese song that was titled Neko Mikitai? Uhhh— i'm not sure, maybe Meko Nimisai?” Yujin explained like a rapper. They suddenly heard a shout across the room.


“It's Neko Ni Naritai, Yujinnie! I want to be a cat— exactly.” Nako had shouted.


Chaeyeon looked at them at disbelief. “How did you passed the security? As far as i know, this hotel doesnt allow animals inside.”  She said, striding over the cat that was its paws above the counter like it didnt broke three plates in one go. She slowly brought her hand to pat its head and the furry creature immediately leaned at the touch and purred. She smiled.


“Well, big coats can be a huge help sometimes.” The taller girl answered, pouting. “What the? That cat is literally panicking and running around when i'm near!” She added before groaning.


Chaeyeon carried the cat, rubbing its white fur. “Maybe the cat thought you were a real dog?” She chuckled.


“Yah!”


“But this cutie pie doesnt look like from hell though, maybe you just scared—” She stopped and looked at the cat's bottom to confirm something. “...her. That's why she acted like that.” Chaeyeon replied, even leaning her chin to the cat's head. The furry creature snuggled and meows softly.


Yujin just pouted. And the two kids went back. “We just called someone! They will clean the broken plates. We should hide Meowmeow, quick!” Hitomi blurted, and Nako reached for the cat.


Chaeyeon handed the calm cat at the kid and she and Hitomi ran to the room, even locking it. “We need to pay for the plates right? What reason should we say?” The older said, looking over at Yujin who's scratching her head, thinking deeply.


She smiled suddenly and flicked her fingers. “Aha! I have an idea. It's on me, unnie. And dont worry about the plates. Sakura-chan can pay for that, even double. The owner of this is her colleague, as far as i know, so dont worry.” Yujin said.


Chaeyeon nodded. “What time did Sakura left?” She asked.


“Uhm, around ten? Dunno. But when we arrived here she was about to leave. She said that you fell asleep and we should try to be quiet, and she didnt exactly knew what time she might be back because some of her business partner invited her for a talk.” Yujin explained and Chaeyeon nodded.


“But why are you three still awake though?” She asked again. The taller girl pointed the room, with her lips.


“Because of that cat. We dont know what food we should feed her because theres no cat food in here plus, we kinda debated what should we name the cat. But the outcome was plain, just a simple Meowmeow.” Yujin replied, smiling at her like an idiot. Chaeyeon could only sigh.


Dumbs.



“We finished cleaning it maam.” The worker said. Chaeyeon bowed a bit. “Thank you so much, we will pay it.” She answered.


Yujin was just picking her nose at the corner, she cant understand Japanese well so she decided to shut up.


The guy shook his head, furiously. “No no no, maam. It's fine, you're with Miss Miyawaki, right? She paid for everything, even the frames...” He replied making Chaeyeon look at her in confusion.


“She paid all of the things here way before this happened so, it'll be fine maam.” He explained further. Chaeyeon blinked.


She knows damn well that there will be a chaos in this very room.


“Ahh, i see.” She could only mutter. The guy looked over the kitchen again where the mess came from.


“Uhm, is it okay to ask you how the plates broke? Even some of the glass designs above the shelves were thrown off to the floor.”  The guy asked. The poor worker must be bewildered.


Chaeyeon froze with that and looked at Yujin, giving her a signal. “Uhm, well about that...” She mumbled and Yujin stepped in.


“Sorry. Sorry. I like shelves. Designs pretty, i break it. Plates i fall it to my fingers.” The taller girl said in her broken Japanese making the guy's eyes wide.


Even Chaeyeon almost broke down laughing because the taller girl sounds so funny, her Japanese with Korean acccent sounds weird and like a dying goat. But Yujin is trying hard. Kudos for her.


The guy was speechless, fixing his glasses and coughed a bit. Chaeyeon looked at him. “Oh, sorry, she's not really fluent in Japanese like me. She meant that she likes climbing at the shelves and likes to break anything. She's weird, i know, there's something on her brain that was not clicking. Sorry for the trouble.” Chaeyeon apologized and bowed a bit.


“Ahhh no no no! It's fine, i'm just curious. She's actually funny. Hehe.” He answered and the ash blonde haired girl smiled and nodded.


They stayed for like that for seconds before Chaeyeon found it awkward and weird. She turned her eyes around before turning her gaze to the guy who's staring at her with a unreadable expression. “Uhhh, is there something else you need?” Chaeyeon finally spoke up.


The guy jolted, and smiled awkwardly. “Yeah, yeah. About that. How should i put this,” He mumbled, rubbing his nape and blushing. The girl just raised a brow at her.


“I really find you pretty. Uhm, i dont know where my confidence came from, but can i get your number, maam?” The guy said, blushing furiously.


Chaeyeon was taken aback at the sudden confession. The guy was cute but there's no chance, like 0.001% only. Her heart only belongs to only one person, she cant help but to felt pity.


“Hhhhhh...” She cant answer. The guy suddenly shook his head and smiled. “It's okay if you wont. I just really find you very pretty, maam. My name is Kiro.” He said and politely lifted his hand for a friendly handshake.


“Oh hi, Kiro...” The ash blonde haired girl and slowly lifted her hand to do a accept the handshake. Their hands were only inches apart from another when they heard a cold voice from distance.


“Please do your work. No time for flirting.”


Chaeyeon retreated her her hand and took a step backwards before turning to the door.


Sakura is standing there, glaring at the guy who flirted with her. She looked so tired and her eyes was droopy, but her gaze was so sharp.


Kiro gasped and bowed. “H-Hello, Miss Miyawaki. I'm just being f-friendly—”


“Whatever. Get out of here, now.” Sakura spatted, clenching her jaw. Her voice is so deep and there's a hint of anger from her tone.


Yujin's mouth shape was a whole circle then suddenly smirked, clearly enjoying the scene before her.


The poor guy bowed again before rushing outside, shaking in fear.


Chaeyeon stayed mum and Sakura was calming herself.


Yujin whistled in amusement before picking up her phone. “Look at that! Minjoo is calling me!” She said before dashing to the door and went outside to give the two some privacy.


Chaeyeon pouted and looked over at Sakura who's rubbing her temples before tossing her expensive brief case at the couch.


“Kinda tired from the meeting and that is the first thing i witnessed when i got back?” The older woman hissed, clearly annoyed at what she saw.


She was drained mentally and physically, this certain chairman begged her to save his company that was in the verge of dying but Sakura knew him too well, he was involved into some major gambling thats why his business went bankrupt, all his money was wasted there. He even threatened to ruin her image if she wont help him and got into some heated debate.


In the end Sakura won, revealing some information she knew about him that made him shout his mouth.


Many happened in a span of three hours.


Chaeyeon sighed. “Sorry, i dont really know what's happening. I know he's flirting but i just felt pity.” She answered, playing with her fingers, afraid that Sakura was mad at her.


The older woman was clearly mad and jealous about it.


Sakura looked at her, her gaze was now soft unlike earlier that she will eat someone alive. She slowly walked towards Chaeyeon and dragged her to the balcony.


She slowly closed the sliding door— not entirely, before turning to her. “Sorry. I was just really stressed then that added. Sorry if i scared you, i'm not mad at you, hmm? I really wanted to fire that guy but i know you wont really like the idea, you're an angel. But i have reason though! He's slacking at his job and flirting around.” She said and went closer to hug her.


Chaeyeon leaned in closer and buried her cheek to Sakura's shoulder. “Dont. It's fine. Just forget it, okay?” She said, making Sakura chuckle.


The older woman hugged her tightly. “As expected, the angel Lee Chaeyeon.” She said.


The lovers stayed like that for a whole minute as the wind blows not so harsh to them. It was so cold, but they kinda felt so warm whenever they're close to each other.


Chaeyeon slowly leaned away. “We should go inside. It's getting cold.” She whispered softly. The older woman hummed and unwrapped her hands to the younger's back.


“But before that,” Sakura breathed. “Let me do this.” She said as she held the cold railings with her hands, trapping Chaeyeon between her arms.


The ash blonde haired girl's eyes widened as Sakura slowly smirked.


She knew what the older woman wanted to do.


Chaeyeon blushed furiously at the thought. “ Sakura, the kids are here, inside the room.” She reasoned but the older woman wasnt amused even a bit.


“And so? Let me finish this quickly.” She said before crashing her lips into Chaeyeon's.


The ash blonde haired gave in and responded to the kiss, even wrapping her arms on Sakura's neck, pulling her closer as she kisses her deeply.


They were melting into the kiss when Chaeyeon felt something against her bare hand. She pulled away to the kiss and looked above, a small fluffly white thing was falling from the sky. Sakura was confused but she spotted a snow flake falling to Chaeyeon's hair.


“Oh, would you look at that, a perfect timing.” The older girl muttered. Chaeyeon chuckled, and was amazed at the snowfall.


Sakura just stared at her girlfriend lovingly.  Chaeyeon then turned her gaze back to her, she was wearing a soft smile making the older girl's heart jump. She cant help but to lean closer again to kiss her.


Kissing while the snow falls... Kinda romantic.


With a last peck, Sakura pulled away, wiping Chaeyeon's lips. “That's not necessary at all.” The younger girl said as Sakura scooted beside her and leaned onto the railings.


The older woman was about to speak when she felt something on her feet, she looked down and saw a furry creature, sniffing her shoe.


“Oh. Theres a cat here?” Sakura mumbled making Chaeyeon look over her then below, she gasped quietly when she saw Meowmeow.


“Uhhh—”


“Weird. How did a cat got in here? But this cute thing looked so kind and calm.” The older woman said and crouched, petting the cat as the creature purs.


Chaeyeon just watched her girlfriend, amused, Sakura really looked she's enjoying petting the cat.


“Meowmeow! Oh there's she is! Oops.” Nako suddenly appeared, followed by Hitomi after.


Sakura rose a brow at her daughter. “Meowmeow?” She mumbled and the cat meows before circling around the woman.


Nako pouted. “It's the cat's name, Mommy.” She answered.


Sakura blinked multiple times before scooping the cat with her arms. “Not suprised that you brought a cat here. That's why Yujin was acting weird earlier. She was moving a lot and trying her best to close her coat, keeping the cat away from the workers and my eyes.” She replied and gently piched the cat's ear. “She's super cute.”


She then slowly turned to Chaeyeon who's looking at her also. “This cat was the one who trashed this place, imma right?” Chaeyeon shook her head.


“Uhm, kinda but Yujin was trying to chase her and she got scared, resulting to running through the counter and shelves.” She answered. “I was sleeping when they brought Meowmeow here. Woke up when the cat broke down the room.”


Sakura nodded and turned her head to the two kids. “C-Can we keep Meowmeow?” Hitomi asked, pouting, cheeks puffing. Nako nodded slowly.


“Of course, Hii-chan. But please, you two should be careful with Meowmeow, the hotel doesnt allow pets here, okay?” The older woman said.


Nako and Hitomi beamed in happiness.



“Unnie~ I want that!” Chaemin whined as she pointed out a barbie toy at the shop. Chaeyeon didnt hesitated to go inside the shop and buy it.


Chaeryeong snorted beside them. “Wow. You're really spoiling Chaemin!” She said. Chaeyeon rose a brow at her sister.


“I told you, just name something, i'll buy it for you.” She replied.


The sisters met up to the mall nearby to hang out. They missed hanging out and strolling around the mall. In the past, they would only look around and play at the arcade because they dont have enough money. But now Chaeyeon has a job and already earning money, she can get anything her sisters wanted.

 

“No.” Chaeryeong refused. Chaeyeon then looked at her youngest sister. “Chaemin, what does your unnie wanted?” She asked.


The kid instantly answered. “She wanted a nintendo switch badly!” Chaeryeong's eyes widened and the eldest smirked.


“Nintendo Switch then.”


Sakura was with them but decided the Lee sisters alone to stroll and stayed at the coffee shop. She said that just go back there after they finished.


“Ahhh noooo.” The younger whined but didnt speaked after, not against at the idea because she wanted that switch so bad.


They strolled around for hours until they finally decided to go back. They went to the cafè where Sakura was and spotted her at the corner but here's the thing, she wasnt alone anymore. Chaeyeon's brows arched, her eyes twitching when she saw a undeniably gorgeous woman sitting infront of her girlfriend.


Sakura was frowning while the unknown girl looked like she was persuading her for something.


Chaeryeong looked over the table. “Oh. Do you know her? Damn, she gorgeous!” She exclaimed before glancing at her sister.


“I had no idea,” Chaeyeon answered, her gaze was only glued at the two.


Sakura noticed them, her frown disappeared. She slowly stood up. “You're back.” She said.


The ash blonde haired girl nodded and smiled. “Yeah.” She spoke before putting Chaemin down to the floor before looking at Chaeryeong.


“Hey, you guys wanted waffles, right? Go buy. Oh, and buy extra two for us, hmm?” The eldest said before giving them her wallet and the two went off almost immediately.


She then slowly walked closer to the table. The woman was looking at her— no checking her out, head to toe. She cant deny that this woman is a beauty, nothing to be compared to her. 


This woman was wearing a fitted dress and a long expensive violet trench coat, a boots, and definitely expensive accessories— her make up was also excellent making her beauty stands up more. She's wearing that Chaeyeon couldnt afford, and doesnt have any confidence to wear.


“You must be Lee Chaeyeon?” The woman spoke gently, her voice was angelic too. She then slowly stood up, she was a little bit taller but Chaeyeon felt so little.


“Uhh, yeah?” She muttered, bringing her hand up to her nape, scratching it so awkwardly.


The girl then smiled, her sharp eyes turning into little crescents. “Finally,” She breathed before stretching a hand for a handshake. “Glad to meet you, Chaeyeon. I'm Yokohara Mizu. Sakura's future-wife.” She introduced with a bright smile.


Sakura's eyes widened and marched closer to them before glaring at the grinning girl. “Mizu!” She shouted.


Chaeyeon felt deaf suddenly, she was only just frozen. Processing what had this stranger said to her.


Mizu snorted. “Aye! Why? It might happen! I mean, your father wanted us to be married.” The woman said, chuckling.


Sakura rose a brow at her. “Shut up.” She said while gritting her teeth. She then looked at Chaeyeon, the girl was still blinking.


After a few second, Chaeyeon calmed a bit but she can feel the irritation rising up. “Oh.” She muttered before flashing a grin. “That's funny.”


“Excuse me?”


“You're excused.”


“What is your problem? You aint funny.” Mizu grunted.


“Not my fault you cant take any joke.” Chaeyeon answered again, smiling brightly as she always do. The woman took a step closer, raising her perfect brow at her.


With that, they attracted people's attention, some even whipped their phones out and started taking a video or pictures.


Sakura was alarmed and lowered down her cap before finally stepping in. “Hey guys, stay a little low, people are watching...” She hissed.


Chaeyeon and Mizu turned their heads around in sync before both glaring at the woman. “Shut up!” They said, voice blending before looking at each other again. Sakura was bewildered.


“This girl is getting on my nerves! I'm politely introducing myself and then acting like that to me? Dont give me that attitude, miss.” Mizu huffed, flipping her hair after.


Chaeyeon scoffed. “What a wicked witch!” She said, purposely saying it in Korean making the other girl confused.


“Oh, cursing me in your language huh! I thought you were brave?” The woman with the long coat hissed, not amused.


“I said you're a witch.”


“Do you want me to cut you tongue—”


“Hold up, you two! Dont make a scene here. Mizu, you have a image, stop, okay? Go home. I already refused the offer, and i would never change my mind. That's final.” Sakura said, glaring at Mizu but the woman just scoffed at her.


“Whatever. I'll be going. Hey you, were not yet finished. I'll be facing with you again soon.” Mizu growled and flipped her hair before walking away from the cafè. The people continued doing their business, like there's nothing happened just seconds ago.


“Wicked Witch.” Chaeyeon huffed. Sakura looked at her.


“Jjaeyeo—”


“Future-wife? Father? Offer? I know there's something's going on, Sakura, its obviously not a joke at all. But i'm not yet ready to hear it.” Chaeyeon said but there's no hint of anger in her tone, but sadness.


Sakura clenched her fist. Why does Chaeyeon always quick-witted? She knew something was happening in such one glance.


Chaeyeon sighed. “Its okay. I understand. This is probably business matter or something? I know she aint ordinary person, i mean, i have a little knowledge about the powerful Yokohara family is.” She mumbled, looking down.


She then looked back at her girlfriend. “Sorry if i made a scene earlier. I should've went with the flow, i dont want us to be caught anyway.” The ash blonde haired girl muttered, with a despair sigh after.


“You can go home now, i'll be with my sisters for the whole day. Thanks for waiting for us, and i apologize for wasting your time.” She added and turned her heel, ready to walk away when she felt a soft warm hand grabbing her wrist, stopping her from completely escaping away.


“Chaeyeon.” Sakura called her softly and Chaeyeon's heart flipped.


“I'm sorry. I'll fix this,” The older woman breathed. “I'm only yours, remember that. No one else can claim me as theirs because i'm only yours. You're my only future-wife, no one else.” She added.


Although Chaeyeon couldnt look at her girlfriend, she can sense that Sakura was dead serious.


So, there is something happening


“I love the sweet-talk, baby. But for now, let me go and clear my mind, just for a bit.” Chaeyeon begged, and slowly, she felt the grip loosen. She felt cold all of a sudden.


“See you later,” She said again, looking at her pair of white shoes. “You can freely say about our relationship at Yujin, that girl knew something way before us happened. Please, talk to her if you wanted someone to share the feelings you were keeping.” Chaeyeon added before finally going out of the cafè, leaving Sakura dumbfounded and over-thinking.


The woman sighed deeply, before letting her body fall at the chair near her and slowly ruffled her hair in frustration.


“How complicated my life could be? First,  it was all happy and now, destiny is threatening me. More problems will arrive.” She muttered, covering her face with hands. And her phone rang.


She then slowly fished it out from her pocket and instantly frowned when she saw the message.


From: Father

I just heard from Mizu that you and her crossed paths at Osaka? Its some kind of sign that you two should get married for the Miyawaki and Yokohara family's sake. My dear daughter, Mizu is the girl of your dreams, the perfect wife, unlike that Murashige girl. The only daughter-in-law i could accept is only Mizu or you need to marry a guy


“Of course,” Sakura growled, jaw slacking as she tried to surpass her anger. “You would encounter so many problems before you could reach that happy ending.” She mumbled, her hold on the phone tightening.



Chaeyeon walked over the waffle store where her sisters was. She easily spotted them, they were sitting at the corner, waiting for their orders. She slowly took a seat infront of them, wearing a weak smile.


“Unnie? Did something happened?” Chaeryeong immedietly asked, her brows furrowing in instant.


“Kind of. Sakura will go back at our hotel. I would be eating two waffles for today, i guess.” The eldest replied, sighing.


The two younger ones looked at each other and just decided just to kept mum.


As they waited for the order, they tried to entertain theirselves when Chaeyeon felt her phone vibrated, expecting a message from Sakura.


When she saw the number who messaged her, she suddenly went pale and drained.


This person was been texting her non-stop for almost a month now. And she just kept it as a secret, not even her friends or Sakura knew this because she thought it was just a prank until her and Sakura's relationship was constantly mentioned. She already have a person in mind that who might be the one behind of this very unpleasing and threatening texts, but she wont ever name it until further so. She doesnt have proofs and this person was way more powerful than you might think.


From: Unknown Number

Ooh~ getting lovey dovey at Osaka! I think its too early to have honeymoon? Hahahahaha just kidding there! I see, your relationship was getting stronger and stronger! Too bad it will end soon :(

Let me remind you again, so you will always remember your place!~

You're a mere peasant and Sakura is a princess. You two dont fit each other well, why not just get someone who has the same level as yours? You're too low for her, you dont deserve her~


Chaeyeon exactly knew her place. They dont need to remind her.


Her heart breaks at the thought.


A mere peasant.

Chaeryeong excused herself to go to the bathroom. When she arrived at the empty restroom, she took her phone out and dialed someone.


“Woah! Took you months to call me back again, love.” The person greeted Chaeryeong. She growled over the phone.


“Shut up, i need you help.” Chaeryeong huffed, annoyed. She heard a chuckle.


“Of course, you need help. Sure though, name it babe.” The person answered without hesitation.


Chaeryeong sighed. “Your girlfriend will kill me if she heard that. But anyway, did you perhaps know a person named Yokohara Mizu?” She said.


There's a humming in the other line and after a few second, the person answered.


“Huh, you know that its only a fling, you're the only one i love, honey.” They said so sweetly that Chaeryeong gagged. “But yeah, i know her. She's a famous actress, right? And the only daughter of the chairman of Yokohara Inc.? What do you need from her, autograph? I can give you that.”


“Nooo. I need you to dig up some information about her family's connection at the Miyawakis.” The girl said, rubbing her temples.


Chaeryeong was aware, very much aware around business world. Thats why her dream switched to be a business woman. She knew too many connections. If her parents gave her freedom, she already went back to Korea and be with her sister.


She knew her sister's state. She was the one who's sending her little money not her grandparents, because they already died from a car accident last year— she failed to mention it to her sister the exact date. But her parents caught her once, so she stopped sending for a meanwhile.

 

Time to use what i can do, i guess

 

“Easy. What's the reason though?” The person asked.


“I'll tell you about it tomorrow, lets meet up at the usual, 9am sharp. Dont be late, Ryujin.” She said, ending the call and looked at the mirror infront of her.


“Yokohara Mizu... I know your family have this dirt lying around.” She whispered before going back to the shop.


Chaeyeon handed her the waffle she ordered. “What took you so long?” She asked, munching her own food.


Chaeryeong leaned at the chair and took a bite to her waffle before smiling widely. “The bathroom is kinda packed, that doesnt matter anyway.” She replied.


If you thought she's just an extra and supporting character at this story, she's not, she will hold a big role, especially that her sister was involved now. And later on, she will be involved also. She would do anything for her sister that sacrificed and tried to survive without them.


Besides, she kinda want some thrill for her sister's love life.

 

 


Finally, i tried to fit in the drama. So lezz go for some conflict ey?


Oh and just a fact from me so you're aware!

I dont really like rushing story, like constant time skips, i like showing how the story builds up slowly. And angst isnt my cup of tea so dont worry, there would be drama but who knows? I might write something in the end that im not used to write ;)

So this story is still lil bit far away from the end (good news?), depends at the outcome of the chapter and how would i connect it to the next update. I dont actually like summarizing the whole chap before writing it, i usually write the scenarios i thought of as i write. so the future of this story wasnt still planned and it can change from time to time because it was all depended on the chap i make lol thats why the flow of the story was kind of confusing as heck (there will be a time there would be a major change like now) i hope it made some sense and you guys understood it. this is also my weakness when it comes to writing, i'm not a trustable author, as you can see but not literally.

Mizu (OC), Chaeryeong, and Meowmeow? also hold a big role starting this chap.

I decided just to make an OC for Chaeyeon's high-possible rival since i dont know who fits in this role. Why not just make one? You can freely imagine who can portray her~ 

My actual plan is make Chaeryeong innocent until the end for suprise, but nah, i wanted you guys to all know what's going on by her point of view. Besides, there would be many unexpected characters to be involved as the chapter went forward. Wanna guess who?


and please, share your thoughts by commenting in the comments or you can also go twt, message me or mention me, i'll be able to see it lol. reading comments gives me a little bit motivation to still continue this bad story of mine and i would know that you liked this so far. these days, i felt so unmotivational so.. just a simple emoji or emoticon will do so i can atleast see how you felt!~ see you guys at the next update~

I apologize for the mistakes and long author note.

twt: @rosesrunaway_