Hokuto

Drabbles with KimKei

 

Supposedly, when a guy receives a confession from a girl that they had been crushing on for a while, they would feel flattered. Perhaps, a certain degree of stupidity would be ensured.

 

In the case of Matsumura Hokuto, it would be more than just a certain degree. He received a confession from the girl that he had been crushing on for a while. However, perhaps, that day wasn’t his day. He did not get any sleep the night before, not even a wink. So, when she confessed to him, he rejected her; when he was meant to accept her confession and asked her out for their first date.

 

Tragic, isn’t it?

 

The young man laid face flat at his older cousin’s apartment with his face being buried into cushion. Beside him, there was his cousin, Kim, and her beloved boyfriend (and his senior), Kei; leaning against each other and reading magazines. Hokuto turned his head and glanced at the happy couple sitting beside him. Seeing the interaction between Kim and Kei, it certainly did not make him feel any better. In fact, it just made him felt even worse consider the fact that it just reminded him of his loss of scoring a date with the girl he liked.

 

Kei heard that muffled sigh from the young man, he nudged Kim as he whispered into her ears softly, “What happened to him? Got rejected by the girl he likes?” The young lady chuckled and whispered back, in an equally soft tone, “Well close enough. But this cousin of mine accidentally rejected the girl when he meant to ask her out.”

 

“Huh, interesting. Who’s the girl?”

“Yuki. Daiki’s little sister.”

“Ah, that should be easy,” Kei flashed Kim a loop-sided grin as he took out his phone and texted his fellow BEST member.

 

To: Daikingu

From: Inooteri

 

Kim and I made a little too much food for dinner, so please come here and help us finish the food. Bring Amu along, so we can have an impromptu double date! Perhaps you can bring Yuki along as well. Since the more the merrier! Looking forward to see you!

 

Kei grinned widely as he put his phone into his jeans pocket and said, “I guess, that’s it. Let’s get some cooking doing for a party of 6!” He got up from his seat and then pulled his girlfriend up. The man hummed to some classical songs happily, leaving Kim feeling rather puzzled. Well, normally, Kim was the person with all the scheming and pranking instead of Kei. Not that she would mind about Kei’s plan for something, but perhaps she was feeling slightly uneasy about how everything should turn out?

---

Dinner was as awkward as it could get for the 6 of them. Perhaps, torturous too.  Frankly, Daiki was shooting killer glares towards Hokuto. Perhaps, it was for what the young man accidently did and hurt his little sister’s heart. Yuki was being uncharacteristically quiet. Had she, perhaps, gotten over Hokuto’s rejection towards her confession? Maybe. But, mostly it was the idea of food that she was more concentrated on. After all, it was a nice change from eating Daiki’s (quite terrible) cooking. Amu and Kim were engaged in a conversation, mostly the two talked about the situation before them. Occasionally, soft giggles could be heard from them. Probably, the topics of dramas and weather were also included into the conversation

 

What about Kei and Hokuto? Kei was whispering into Hokuto’s ear, telling him to grab the opportunity wisely while the young man was dying from the angry BEST member’s murderous glares. Perhaps, it would be a good time to save Hokuto from Daiki’s glare and have the young man to have a nice talk with Yuki, to work things out.

 

“Yuki, is it possible if you can go and grab us a few drinks and dessert for us? I believe there some ice cream sandwiches in the fridge. Perhaps, you should go with Hokuto,” Kei said with a suspicious odd smile on his soft features. He faced Kim as he tilted his head and continues, “Am I right, Darling?”

Oh, so that was what he was planning. Kim thought. “Well yeah, perhaps, its time to get have some wine too! There’s some wine glasses and red wine in the cabinet. So, it would nice if you can grab them for us!’ She leaned closer to Kei as she whispered quietly into his ears, “Kei, you’re in deep trouble if this doesn’t work out.”

 

“Is that a threat, Orihara?”

“Damn right it is, Inoo.”


Author's Note:

hokuto. my son is getting more handsome nowadays. I cant help myself but getting addicted from listening to Japonica. Totally not because hes there, but the song and the mv is just really REALLY aesthetic and mesmerizing. 

 

it looks long for this drabble, but its just the spacing that makes it look long. 

 

im sorry if its not as kimkei centered as the other drabbles ;-;