Baby

Drabbles with KimKei

One would have thought that ht early stage of married lives are filled with all rainbows and unicorns, even filled with undeniable s and desires between couples. Well, partly, perhaps that was true. That was all up till the part where their sweet morning kisses with not so minty morning breathes would be replaced with abrupted runs towards the bathroom, having untimely meetings with the toilet bowl.

 

This, unfortunately, has been the life of Inoo Kei for the past 2 weeks. For the love of god, he had only been married for 3 weeks and he was supposed to be on his honeymoon! Not experiencing all this craziness of life! Kei rolled over to his side and pouted slightly and muttered quietly, “Honey, you should visit the doctor…” Clearly, he was unsatisfied with the idea of waking up to his newly wedded wife kneeling in front of the toilet bowl, rather than being in his arms and snuggling with each other under the duvet.

 

“No, nope. I’m okay, Kei. I’m oka—” her sentence was cut off when Kim faced the toilet bowel (again) and puking her gut out. Kei got up from their king-sized bed and walked towards the bathroom. He knelt beside the lady as he held her hair and passed her the toilet roll. “I love you, my dear wife. I know you don’t like visiting the doctor. But, darling, we are going to the hospital and you have no choice over this decision,” he said, firmly.

“Well, good riddance. Kei, I’m fine. Really, I’m fine,” she muttered rather grumpily.

---

“Mrs. Inoo, how long have you been experienced his sickness? Have you experience other symptoms, other than vomiting every morning?” the doctor looked up from his paperwork. Before Kim could answer the questions, Kei answered everything, “My wife has been puking her gut out every morning for the past two weeks. She has also felt tired a lot easier, even after being awake for about an hour or two. She craves for sweet things a lot recently, especially red bean buns and custard buns. She would also be feeling sick whenever she sees or smells flowers!”

 

The doctor cleared his throat, “Mr. Inoo. Firstly, please calm down or I will inject tranquilizer into your bloodstream. Secondly,” he gave the couple before a friendly warm smile and continued, “Don’t you notice the symptoms of everything signs that you’ve listed out of your wife’s sickness?”

 

“Vomiting in the morning can be known as morning sickness, cravings and fatigues…” his eyes widen as if something struck his mind. “Kim, are you—could it be—are you pregnant?”

 

“Dear husband of mine, how long will it take you to realize?” Kim grinned widely. She caressed her abdomen gently before continuing, “For a genius like you, you’re pretty dumb when it comes noticing that I’m pregnant with your baby.”


Author's Note: 

Well, was it too cheesy and cliche?

 

I guess the romanticist in me had been unleashed unintentionally. 

You see. I've been trying to do some savage lines, but perhaps, the situation I've imagined was not a savage one. :/