Part 3

Umbrella

Time flied, it was already 9 PM, and she needed to pack her things then got back. Done with her things, she then swung her short legs towards the front door, or maybe a bit running because she didn’t want to miss this guy. The sky was quite dark but not as dark as yesterday, she kept checking her watch.

“Where is he?” She mumbled herself.

A light tap made her jolt a bit.

“Here.” He replied lightly, “I’m sorry, I’m late. I need to finish my paper first that’s why.” He showed her an apologetic smile.

“Uh- It’s alright. I thought you wouldn’t come and take your umbrella.”

“Nah, there’s no way I wouldn’t come. This is my favorite umbrella, so I need to take it back.”

“Here you go then, I give your grey umbrella back. Thank you for yesterday! You must be drenched all the way home, I’m sorry though.”

“It’s alright! My home isn’t so far from here, no problem.”

They casually talked just like friends, though they barely knew each other yet their conversation kept flowing. The sky was getting darker as if was going to rain and yeah it was raining though.

“Ah, it’s raining again.” She spoke as responded by a light nod from him.

“Do you have umbrella?”

“Of course, I did— OH MY GOD I FORGOT MY UMBRELLA!!” She was panicked.

The petite figure in front of him was all panicked because she didn’t bring her umbrella just like yesterday; she was calm at first because she thought that she brought it with her though the fact that she actually forgot.

“Clumsy girl.” He mumbled then laughed, “Here, take my umbrella!” He handed his umbrella.

“No, just take it with you! You can’t come home all drench again like yesterday.”

“You can’t come home all drench either.”

“B-but..”

He already covered his head then ran, flashed the same smile at her like the last time. She stood there, didn’t know what to do.

“See you tomorrow night before the library closed.” He turned around and shouted as waved his hand.

She unconsciously smiled the nodded before jolted because of the deep voice startled her.

“Oh he makes a progress then.” Chanyeol blurted out.

“You startled me!” She hit his arm lightly, “And what do you mean by that? Who makes progress?”

“No one.” He shrugged, “I’ll go first! Bye, see you tomorrow shortie!” He messed her hair then walked away.

“HEY!” She snorted.

As Chanyeol went off first, Jieun then started to go home too, she kept thinking about this guy. They hadn’t introduced themselves, she didn’t even know his name and neither he, well she thought.

“I should definitely ask his name tomorrow.” She mumbled to herself firmly.