Part 2

Umbrella

 

The next day, Jieun went to the library earlier. She purposely ate rather quickly to catch the early bus to get there. Her heart was likely to beat even faster than before, she didn’t know, maybe she would meet this guy. She stared at the umbrella then unconsciously smiled, before mentally slapping herself because of her silly behavior. She didn't even know why she smiled that way, maybe because she was too excited. It somehow reminded her with some stories that she had read, Jieun was indeed a bookworm after all. Once she arrived, Jieun paced her steps toward the library’s alley, her eyes carefully scanned everyone there, hoped that her eyes could acknowledge that figure. Sadly, no, she couldn’t find him.

“Maybe, I will surely see him later.” She shrugged.

Jieun couldn’t even concentrate with her book, her mind wandered somewhere. She was totally curious about that figure. Several sighs could be heard, even for her friend.

“What happens? Why are you keep sighing?”

“No, nothing.” She smiled sheepishly, “Uh anyway, Chanyeol, do you perhaps know whose umbrella is this?”

“You mean that grey umbrella?”

“Yeah.”

“Why?”

“It’s just— I have been wondering the owner of this umbrella. He lent it to me yesterday because I forgot mine, then he just ran. I couldn’t even see his face.”

“Whoa— really?” Chanyeol surprisingly chuckled.

“Yeah! Why are you chuckling? Do you know him?”

“You’ll know it later. I need to stack the new books, see you later.” He laughed then messed her hair lightly.

“Hey!”

Jieun tilted her head, it seemed that Chanyeol knew this guy. She was really curious, why wouldn’t Chanyeol tell her though? She kept grumbling here and there, Jieun couldn’t be left out with the curiosity.