Getting To Know Her

I’m Thankful That You’re Here With Me

 

The whole day Sakura had spent unpacking her things. Her gaming setup, her plushies, and not to forget her Red Velvet goods. She then proceeded to decorate her room with the many random things she’d brought with her. Chaeyeon went to class as soon as she introduced herself, which was a relief. Sakura would be lying if she said she didn’t find Chaeyeon attractive in her beanie. The geek learned a new word that day. Girl crush.

 

Her classes would start the day after tomorrow. She had classes on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Her major is software engineering, wanting to be a programmer for games. She really liked gaming, and her grades in math were okay. She didn’t have anything in particular in mind, so this was something she thought was a compromise to being fun and a good paying job.

 

She decided that tomorrow she’d go shopping for necessities, like a cute toothbrush instead of her bland one. But it was just an excuse for her to shop in a Korean mall.

 

When she finished decorating her room, she walked into the kitchen to see if she could cook something here instead of going out.

 

Eggs, white bread, butter, kimchi, milk, and rice. The fridge was as bland as the interior. But she was confident she could make something. 

 

With her cooking expertise, she made fried rice with kimchi, and some bread with egg inside of it. However she realized she forgot to ask Chaeyeon if she could use the ingredients. She was staring at her food, it was getting cold so she decided that she shouldn’t let it go to waste. To make it up to her roommate she’d go out and buy ingredients and cook dinner for themselves.

 

*** 

 

When Chaeyeon came home she had forgotten about her new roommate. But as she smelled something coming from the kitchen she quickly realized her mistake.

 

“Tadaima. ( I’m home. )”

 

“Ah Chaeyeon!”

 

The Japanese student had walked to her in her apron which indicates that she was in fact cooking. Her hair was tied up which  the Korean found cute. 

 

“Hey! Whatcha cooking?”

 

“Well, I made myself something from the things in the refrigerator without asking. So to make up for it I figured I can make us some dinner!” 

 

The Korean was surprised. Someone she barely knew would be cooking for both of them. She was so considerate, and was really starting to like her newfound roommate.

 

“You could use the things in the fridge I wouldn’t really mind. But thanks for making me some food. That’s really nice of you.”

 

Sakura blushed from the compliments. 

 

“No problem.”

 

Once Chaeyeon changed into pajamas they started eating the dish made by Sakura.

 

“Ittedakimasu! ( Thank you for the meal! )” They said in unison while clapping their hands.

 

“Mm! Oishi desu! What is this?”

 

“It’s curry rice.” 

 

“It’s really delicious! You’re a good cook.”

 

“I just like cooking is all. Anyways, Chaeyeon what’s your major?”

 

“Well I’m planning on becoming of owning a dance studio with my sister. I just need a bachelors degree, but I’m taking Business Administration. My sister on the other hand is taking Finance.”

 

“Wah! That’s so cool Chaeyeon! I didn’t know you liked dance. I’m taking  Software Engineering. I hope to become a programmer for games.”

 

“Hey that’s cool too! I don’t play that many games but if you worked on it I wouldn’t mind trying it out. And dancing has been my passion for some time.”

 

They kept talking about their future jobs until they finished eating. Sakura then insisted on doing the dishes and Chaeyeon went back into her room to work on her project that was due next week. 

 

***

 

“Chaeyeon.”

 

When Chaeyeon turned back, she saw Sakura peeking from the door. 

 

“Come in. Sit on the bed with me.” Sakura did as she was told. “Do you need help with anything?” 

 

“Well, I was wondering if you’d like to go to the mall with me tomorrow. That is if you’re free tomorrow.”

 

“Oh sure. Yeah, I’m free. I can show you around campus too if you want.”

 

“Really? That’d be great! Thank you!”

 

“Okay then. Good night.”

 

“Good night.”

 

************