New Numbers

I’m Thankful That You’re Here With Me

In order to get to the Coloriz Mall, they could either, walk, take the bus, or call a taxi. Chaeyeon was in charge of making the decision. She didn’t want Sakura to be colder than she already was. 

 

When they left the dorms, the older girl was shivering throughout her whole body. Chaeyeon gave the Japanese her coat. In return, she insisted that they shared the coat by opening her arms and inviting her on coming in the piece of clothing.

 

Once at the front gate, the Native called upon a taxi and they left to go to Sakura’s first Korean mall.

 

*** 

 

“Wahhh it’s warm in here!”

 

While she was relieved to have warmth, she admired the beauty of the mall. Many colors and more importantly shops! All her senses came back to life by the smell of pastries to her right, and scent of perfumes to her left.

 

“Let’s get some food first, then we can go shopping!”

 

They took at escalator up to the second floor and stopped at the first bakery. There was a lot of purple inside, the walls, the furniture, even the pastries! 

 

“Eunbi!”

 

The girl Chaeyeon had called out was definitely Korean. She had long black hair and was curvy ( *in a good way ) unlike most Koreans she’d seen so far. Their uniform consisted of a cute beret, a white cuffed long sleeve, and a plaid skirt. 

 

“Chaeyeon! You’d usually be asleep by now. Why’re up so early?”

 

“Well, I was hoping that we could get a discount.”

 

“Is that the only reason you come here? And what do you mean we?”

 

“Sakura, she’s my new roommate. She needs some things at the mall, she asked if I wanted to go. And why wouldn’t I you know?”

 

“Ahh, nice to meet you Sakura.”

 

“Ne, same to you.”

 

“Eunbi, I forgot to mention she can only speak Japanese.”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me before?”

 

Not long after, Sakura got bored of listening to what sounded like gibberish to her. She looked around at the decor. And not long after hears a familiar voice and language coming from behind her.

 

“Hitomi, do you really like the food here that much?”

 

“Yep! The bread is so delicious! It melts in your mouth.”

 

Ah! The short girl who helped her find room 212! 

 

The Japanese duo walked in the store and the chubby cheeked one dragged the other to the displays of the foods. A few seconds later, the darker haired girl feels herself being stared at. 

 

When she turns around she finds the short haired Japanese staring at her. She was about to look away in confusion, but she recognized her from two days before. 

 

“Konnichiwa, how have you been doing over the last two days?”

 

“Good! Thanks to you I found my dorm and my roommate speaks Japanese! I’m so lucky.”

 

***

 

Chaeyeon was bragging about her roommate to Eunbi about how nice she was. Eunbi has Chaewon as her roommate. She knew her from highschool and they happened to be roommates. 

 

When Chaeyeon heard Japanese, she thought it was because Sakura was talking to her. Instead of Sakura facing her, she was facing another woman. 

 

“...speaks Japanese! I’m so lucky.”

 

“Ahh Hitomi here is my roommate. She’s Japanese herself! So I too was lucky. Oh and I should introduce myself. I’m Nako Yabuki. Nice to meet you.”

 

“Miyawaki Sakura.”

 

“Hey Sakura who’s this?”

 

“Ah, Nako this is my roommate.”

 

“Nice to meet you.” They both said in unison as they shook hands.

 

“Chaeyeon, she helped me find my room number on the first day.”

 

While the three were talking, Hitomi was checking out the breads, and Eunbi stood there awkwardly.

 

“Eunbi get back to work. Enough of the chit chat, come here behind the counter.”

 

“Ne!”

 

“Guys pick out what you want, I’ll pay for it.” 

 

“Wahh! Kabsabnida!” says the chubby cheeked girl.

 

As they ordered and got their foods, they sat at a nearby table. They all introduced themselves, Hitomi being the bread maniac, Nako the one who hasn’t grown very much over the years, Sakura the homebody going outside for the first time in forever, and Chaeyeon the dancer from a young age.

 

“Eunbi! Can you come over here for just a second?”

 

Eunbi was glaring at her over the counter not wanting to get in trouble with her boss again. But she looked around and the coast was clear.

 

“Need anything?”

 

“Introduce yourself to Nako and Hitomi.”

 

“My name is Eunbi. Nice to meet you.” Eunbi says as she holds her hand out.

 

“Nice to meet you, I’m Nako.” 

 

“So cute!”

 

Nako blushed even though it wasn’t the first time she’d heard that.

 

“Hitomi, nice to meet you!”

 

“Ne, nice to meet you. Hey guys we should exchange numbers!”

 

************