Early Mornings

I’m Thankful That You’re Here With Me

When Sakura awoke, it was due to the sound of her alarm. She set her alarm to 7:00 AM to get a head start on their day. And by their, she means Chaeyeon and herself. She was also planning on making breakfast for the both of them. After washing up in the bathroom she went onwards to the kitchen. 

 

She gathered her ingredients which she would make breakfast with. Bread, eggs, bacon, cabbage and mayonnaise.  First, get a pan, turn on the burner and put some vegetable oil on it. While the oil is heating up, cut a square piece of white bread in the middle and take it out. In Sakura’s case she just ate it. Then put the bread on the pan. Next put then scrambled egg mixture and pour it in. The second to last step is to put bacon, cabbage, and mayonnaise in that order. Lastly, put bread on the side with mayonnaise and turn it around until it is cooked. *author’s note, this legit turned into a cooking book I’m soz* 

 

***

 

Chaeyeon awakened from her slumber by the sounds of sizzling oils coming from the kitchen. She checked the clock it was 7:34 AM, much earlier than she’d wake up on a day with no school. Remembering their plans later today, she figures she should wake up too.

 

She does her daily routine in the bathroom and heads to the kitchen to see what was making all the noise. She saw Sakura’s delicate back and her neck that was exposed due to her hair being tied up. The dancer stood there admiring the woman in front of her. 

 

“Sakura, you’re up early.” 

 

The cook turned around quick. Her bangs moving as she moved.

 

‘Wow, she looks beautiful even in the morning.’

 

“Good morning, Chaeyeon. I’m still making breakfast so you can sit down while I’m still cooking.”

 

“Is there anything I can do to help?”

 

***

 

Sakura’s eyes widened as she wasn’t expecting her assistance. She stared for a while, mainly thinking of how she can help her. But she got distracted by her bed head, and her disheveled pajamas. 

 

“Sakura? Sakura! The food!”

 

The moment she had turned her back, the kura bread on the pan had burnt. She moved quick, by turning of the stove and grabbing the bread with the spatula in her hand. 

 

She sighed in disappointment, but it was relief the alarm didn’t go off thinking there was a fire. 

 

“You may be able to help with some things.”

 

***

 

Together they made breakfast and ate it with some small talk. Not being able to chit chat as they would because of the early morning. 

 

“Sakura, what are you planning on buying in the mall?”

 

“Hmm, some cosmetics because my cosmetics right now aren’t in. And maybe some warmer clothes. I wasn’t expecting Korea to be so cold.”

 

“Haha, it is cold here. Also, let’s go to the Coloriz Mall. I know someone who works at a bakery. Maybe she can give us a discount.”

 

“Sounds good. How do you like your coffee?”

 

************