Malibu Nights

Stay by my side, can you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Holiday Season came...

 

Mina smiled the moment she stepped on the grounds of Korea. 

 

“I missed this place so much. It’s been months.” She breathe deeply and walked through the airport. She waited for her baggage. She’s about to get her bag but someone already get it for her.

 

“Heyyy. I can handle this.” Mina held her bag.

 

“I insist. Let me help you.” Tzuyu said and wink at Mina.

 

“Fine. Thank you. Anyway, where will you stay again?”

 

“I told you, i will stay in a hotel but i will meet my friends too.”

 

“Just making sure that you didn’t just go here to accompany me.”

 

“I did not. Trust me.”

 

“Okay. I will just call you after Christmas day then.”

 

“Sure. I’ll wait. You can stay in my room before our flight back to Texas.”

 

“Let’s see. Or i’ll just book another room.” 

 

A few moments later, Jihyo, Jeongyeon, and Nayeon rushed towards Mina and they enveloped her with their hugs.

 

“Heyyyy, i know that you all missed me but let me breathe please..” Mina plead. 

 

They all laughed and let go of her.

 

“We missed you so much, Mina.” Jihyo said while holding Mina’s hands.

 

“Me too. That’s why i decided to spend my Christmas here because i know that we are complete.” Mina said.

 

“I must say, you really look like an american citizen now.” Nayeon said while checking out Mina.

 

“What are you saying??” Mina laughed but got shy right away.

 

“You look prettier now, oh no, my heart for Nayeon!” Jeongyeon places her hands on her chest. 

 

“Yah!!! How dare you! I’m still here.” Nayeon punched Jeongyeon’s arm.

 

“Of course I’m just kidding. But really, you got prettier. Is this what they’re saying? When someone is moving on or moved on, she’s becoming prettier?” Jeongyeon teased.

 

Mina just smiled and heard Tzuyu’s clearing throat. 

 

“Ahhh, by the way, this is Tzuyu. She’s my friend. We are working in the same hospital.”

 

“Friend? Just a friend? I thought she’s your girlfriend already that’s why she’s here too.” 

 

Mina just rolled her eyes and introduced them to Tzuyu. 

 

They offered Tyuzu to drive her to the hotel where she booked in and they send her goodbye when they arrived in front of the hotel. 

 

“Bye. Just text or call me if you need something, okay? See you after Christmas.” Mina waved goodbye.

 

“Okay. Enjoy your holiday. Bye girls, thank you for driving me here.” Tzuyu waved back.

 

“You’re welcome, Tzuyu. Nice meeting you.” Jihyo bid goodbye too.

 

During the drive, they are teasing Mina about how pretty Tzuyu is and they can’t still believe that they are not a couple yet.

 

“Gays, can you please keep quiet? You’re too noisy. I’m trying to rest.” Mina covered her face with her palms.

 

“Oooh. Sassy. I know you’re just avoiding our questions.” Nayeon said. 

 

“On a serious note, aren’t you two going on dates? I remember you told me about that.” Jihyo said.

 

“Yes, but we’re still not official.” Mina defended.

 

“But i remember that you did have—-“ Jihyo was cut-off.

 

“Jihyo!!!” Mina yelled at her.

 

“Fine. Oh yeah, you said you wish it was—“ Jihyo didn’t stop.

 

“Jihyo!! One more word, i’ll go back to Texas now.” Mina glared at her.

 

“Chillax, my dearest best friend. You’re so grumpy. Okaaaay. Okay. I’ll stop now. I just missed annoying you.” Jihyo tried to cling on Mina’s arm. 

 

Mina rolled her eyes and throw a soft punch on Jihyo’s arm. 

 

They arrived at Jihyo’s house and ordered food for their dinner. Jeongyeon and Nayeon decided to sleepover because they want to catch up with Mina because they only have limited time with her. 

 

“Mina, have you talked to her again?” Nayeon asked. 

 

“No.”

 

“I didn’t even mentioned any name.” Nayeon shrugged.

 

“We all know who are you talking about, genius.”

 

“Fine.”

 

“How are you so far? These passed few months?” Jeongyeon asked.

 

“I guess I’m feeling better. Thanks to my work and to Tzuyu also. She’s always there for me.” 

 

“But, do you miss her?” Jihyo asked.

 

“Of course. I can’t deny that. I still miss her everyday.” Mina pursed her lips.

 

“Did she try calling you or send you a message?” Jeongyeon asked.

 

“Yes. Everyday.” Mina looks so sad.

 

“EVERYDAYYY???!!!!” The three of them was shocked.

 

“Yes. Everyday. But that was weeks ago. I guess she got tired of it already because I only leave her message on read and never replied. And now I’m feeling bad about it.” Mina said with a frown.

 

“Maybe she just want to give you time and space. We all know Momo, she won’t give up easily. But at the same time, she doesn’t want to bother anyone of us.” Jeongyeon said.

 

“Yeah. I guess so. But how about you, did anyone of you tried reaching out to her?” Mina asked.

 

“I went out with her after her birthday. I missed her too. And, as you said, we need to forgive her too, whatever reasons she have. And you asked me to greet her a happy birthday because you’re being a chicken to greet her yourself.” Jihyo said.

 

“Whatever.” Mina rolled her eyes again.

 

“You didn’t greet her?! For real?!” Jeongyeon asked.

 

“I did. But it was an anonymous message.” 

 

“Chicken!!!!!” All of them laughed.

 

“I hate you three.” Mina pouted.

 

“We love you more.” Nayeon said.

 

“But you’re okay if she will join our Christmas party? Coz we already invited her.” Jihyo asked.

 

“Did she agree?” Mina is curious.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Does she know I’m here? Did you tell her I’m going back?”

 

“No, i didn’t tell her yet. Should i tell her now?”

 

“No. Don’t. She might not go here if she knew that I’m here.”

 

“Eeehh? She’s always sending you message. It’s obvious that she wants to talk and see you.”

 

“But that was before. What if she hates me now?”

 

“Momo will never hate you, trust me.”

 

“Okaaay. But still, don’t tell her.”

 

“Fine.” 

 

After eating dinner, they planned to have a movie marathon. Even though Mina feels so tired because of her flight, she still choose to spend time with her friends. They all missed their routine before, because now, they can’t do this anymore because of their schedules. They don’t have much time to do the things that they wanted to do. Being altogether is really rare now that Mina migrated in Texas, that’s why they will try to make their holiday break as memorable as it can be.

 

 

 

Christmas day...

 

Four of them prepared food for their celebration tonight. One by one, their other friends are coming over and some relatives. Each one will hug Mina because they missed her too. Mina is so happy to see them but it’s obvious that she’s waiting for a specific person that will enter the house. 

 

Sana and Dahyun came and they were so happy to see Mina. They hugged her like how Jihyo, Nayeon and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter