Thru These Tears

Stay by my side, can you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina’s P.O.V

 

After how many years, I came back to the place that I grew up in and spent most of my childhood. Nice to see you again, Texas.

 

“Sharooonnn!!!!!”

 

Hearing my international name sounds weird to me, it’s like I’m a different person. Hearing that voice, I don’t have to check the owner of it. When I turned around, arms are already clinging on me.

 

“Tiffannnnnyyy!! I missed you!!”

 

Tiffany is my older cousin. We are so close to each other because we are both born and raised here in Texas. I also followed her in Korea to study but she needs to go back here during her high school days to focus more in becoming a doctor.

 

“I missed you too baby!” Then she hugged me again.

 

“Heyyyyyy, stop calling me that. Taeyeon might feel jealous.”

 

“She’s not here, so, it’s okay and she knows that you are my baby, so, that doesn’t matter to her. But hey, are you alone? I thought you’re with Momo?”

 

“Who told you that I’m going here with her?”

 

“No one. I just assumed when you called me and told me that you’re going here. I assumed that you’re with her and getting married here.” She smirked and laughed.

 

“Well, unfortunately, she’s not with me and we actually…..broke up.”

 

“Whaaatttt???!!!??!!??! But why?!?! You were both so in love with each other!”

 

“Maybe, love is really not enough for a couple to stay together forever. Now, let’s go, I’m actually hungry. You’re paying.”

 

“Oh noooo baby. Let me hug you first.”

 

I let her hug me but not too long or else I’ll be crying in this airport and people might think that we are girlfriends that’s about to break up.

 

She treats me in her favorite restaurant. We talked about what happen to me and Momo. Good for me that I contained my emotions and didn’t cry in front of everyone.

 

“I still can’t believe that you two broke up. Everyone is feeling envious with your relationship because you really look good together.”

 

“Actually, me too. I’m still hoping that this is just a bad dream.” I sighed.

 

“Don’t worry. I’m always here, okay? I’ll support whatever your decision is. Everything will be okay soon. Anyway, let’s go?”

 

“Sure. Sorry again for bothering you. Don’t worry, I will look for a place to stay first thing tomorrow.”

 

“You know you can stay at our house. We have a lot of extra rooms. You can just live with us so you won’t be alone here. We are family after all.”

 

“And see you being lovey dovey with each other? No thanks! I prefer staying alone in my own house than seeing you two clinging to each other.”

 

“Bitter! Let’s go, sulky baby.”

 

As much as I want to stay with Tiffany, I also want to look for my own house. Not because I’m bitter but I just want to be independent and I don’t want to bother anyone.

 

We arrived at their house and Taeyeon welcomed me with a tight hug. Just like Tiffany, she thought that I’m with Momo. Then we told her everything and her face was filled with sadness. But I assured them that I will be fine sooner and I can handle this.

 

~

 

Tonight is not different from my previous nights. I still can’t sleep even though I’m having jetlag and I’m so tired from the flight going here. I end up sitting on the chair in balcony outside of this room. Just staring up the sky thinking about Momo.

 

This really hurts. Just thinking about Momo hurts me a lot. Not because I hate her but because I miss her so much. I got used to being with her ever since school days but now, I can’t even see her even from a far.

 

I’m sure this might take a hundred sleepless nights just to forget about the memories we had, the promises, and her. But I know, I’m going to be alright. I have to. I need to be okay.

 

When I am still in Japan, I always convince myself that it’s her loss for breaking us but as I go day by day, I think it’s mine because I know I need her the most.

 

I keep telling myself that’s it gonna get better but it also feels like it’s taking too long like it will be like this forever.

 

I’m the one who said that we should end things between us, but here I am being a mess and can’t function properly.

 

I’m still hoping that this is ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter