Chapter 6

Complicated

Chapter 6

“You know, don’t you?” Someone asked behind the black haired girl.

“Do you?” The black haired girl asked back. The girl from behind nodded her head. “Since when?”

“Our date.” The girl sighed. “Remember when I told you that I’m going to talk to Taeyeon about what happened that night? I was on my way to her dorm when I saw her and Jessica kissing.”

Flashback

Yuri’s P.O.V.

“I feel like I need to apologize to Taeyeon for what happened tonight, Yuri-ah.” Tiffany worriedly said.

“I’ll just tell her you’re sorry, Fany. You don’t need to do it and add fuel to the flame.”

“But I feel like I really ruined the night. I need to do it tonight.” Tiffany insisted.

“No. Don’t. Have some self respect.” I stopped her. “I’ll go and talk to her right now, okay? I’ll apologize instead, besides, it is my idea.”

“Okay. Don’t be home too late, though. I’ll wait for you.” Tiffany said slamming the door on my face. The nerve of that girl! She didn’t even tell me take care!

“I always clean up her mess.” I shook my head at the thought.

I was walking and walking while muttering something unimportant when I noticed that I’m already closed at where Taeyeon lives. I’m almost at the public library when I saw two people stopped in the middle of the road to kiss. Gahh! Public display of affection is so gross! I groaned.

“Wait, I know those plaid shirt.” I widened my eyes when the two pulled away from each other. “Taeyeon... Jessica.” I didn’t know what to feel that time. I felt betrayed.

It all makes sense now, the surprised face that they make earlier, the way they were comfortable about each other when we were on a date, and that time where Taeyeon sat beside Jessica without Jessica ing about it. IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

-

“So what did she say?” Tiffany asked me.

“What?” I mindlessly asked back.

“Didn’t you apologize for me? What was Taeyeon’s answer?”

“Oh. That. She said it was okay. Don’t sweat it.”

“Okay.” Tiffany grinned showing her eye smile.

I feel so hurt right now. You better explain all this to me, Kim Taeyeon!

End of Flashback

“Oh.”

“I thought she was going to tell me about it, but she never did.”

“I’m sorry you have to see that, Yuri.” The black haired girl said.

“I’m surprise you’re calm about this despite knowing about them.” Yuri says full of suspicion. “You said you’ll do anything to get Taeyeon, so why are you playing dumb about all this, Fany-ah?” Yuri asked.

“‘Cause I know Sica will let Taeyeon go willingly without me doing anything. She’ll push her away, I don’t need to meddle.” Tiffany stated. Yuri looked at her roommate with a slight fear.

“She’s your best friend. Why can’t you just let them be happy?”

“I once would do anything for Jessica, but she broke my heart first.” Tiffany said.

I’m sorry, Taeng. I can’t do anything.

————

“Here we are.” Taeyeon announced. “You can take off your blindfold now.”

When she took off her blindfold, the first thing that Jessica saw was Taeyeon’s bright smile. She was smiling from ear to ear, she can’t help but smile at the sight. She looked around and once she really focused at her surroundings, she realized that she’s at the public library where they first kissed. She was surprised to see that the library transformed like it’s a coffee shop. There’s a table in the middle and there’s a candle in the middle of it. There are also lights that you see on tumblr. It’s like I’m inside a tumblr picture.

“So, uhh, do you like it?” Taeyeon nervously asked. “I tried not to overdo it, and not to underdo it, too. Is this okay?”

Instead of answering, Jessica threw herself at Taeyeon and hugged her. She’s really touched at what the other girl did.

“I love it, Tae. It’s perfect.” Jessica said and proceeded to peck Taeyeon on the lips.

“I tried.” The older girl smiled.

-

“How did you even do all these?” Jessica curiously asked.

“Well, I give all the credit to Yoona, Sunny and Seohyun. I think the food is all on Yoona, though.”

A shout of “Yah! I helped cooked, too!” was heard.

“Okay, correction, Yoona and Sunny.”

Jessica laughed at the duo. She really loves Taeyeon and Sunny’s friendship. She wishes that her friendship was like that, too. I mean, we used to be like this.

“Hey, where did you go?” Taeyeon snapped her out of her thoughts. “I felt like I lost you there.”

“I’m sorry, I was just thinking about something.” Jessica apologized.

The older girl stopped and released a long sigh. She just wanted a night free of Yuri and Tiffany problem, but she thinks it’s impossible to do when her date’s constantly thinking about them. Guess we’ll talk about them tonight.

“I may know something regarding your hesitation about this, about you and Tiffany.” Taeyeon broke the silence.

“What?” Jessica asked shocked.

Meanwhile, the trio that helped organized the date all stopped what they were doing when they heard what Taeyeon opened up.

“Holy crap! I thought she said not to talk about it!” Yoona whispered yelled.

“Unnie! Language!” Seohyun scolded her unnie.

“This is going to be super awkward.” Sunny muttered.

Yoona knew what the reason was, and the history about it. As she was Jessica and Tiffany’s junior in high school. She really hopes her Taeyeon-unnie would be the one to stop Jessica from being a follower of Tiffany. She thinks that Jessica already paid the price that she did when they were in junior high school.

“Hyoyeon told me about Nickhun.” Taeyeon admitted.

“I-...”

“Is this going to be like that?” The older girl calmly asked.

“Taeng-...”

“I mean, I could wait. I would. If you’re not really ready, I will wait. We don’t have to do this right now. I’ll be patient. I mean-...”

“Let me finish my sentences for Pete’s sake, Taengoo.” Jessica cut her off. Taeyeon widens her eyes and rapidly nodded her head, a sign for Jessica to continue. “I thought about it. The whole day.”

The trio and Taeyeon held their breath, waiting for Jessica to finish her sentence.

“I don’t think I’m ready for this.”

————

 

a/n:

Blimey! It’s been a while! Short update as a gift! Oh how I missed you guys! xoxo