Chapter 4

Complicated

Chapter 4

 

It was Wednesday, Taeyeon has no classes same as her housemate – Jessica has something to do regarding her student council duty though. They have a date on Saturday this week. Taeyeon was nervous as she has no idea what to do and where to take her.

 

“Gosh, I remember now why I don’t ask out anyone.” She muttered under her breath. She looked at her phone, deciding on calling her best friend – Sunny – to ask for help when her phone suddenly rang.

 

SCP Seo calling…..

 

What does Seohyun wants now?

 

“Hey,”

 

“Unnie, I’m calling regarding of the pictures. We need it now,”

 

“Oh, yea, I’ll have it ready and send it to your e-mail.”

 

“Okay, Jessica-unnie said she misses you.” A loud sound of “Yah” was heard in the background.  Taeyeon laughed at the sound of Jessica’s voice.

 

“Tell her I miss her, too.”

 

“Okay, I’m gonna go. Jessica-unnie looks like she wants to kill me. Bye, unnie! Don’t forget about the pictures!” With that the call ended.

 

Taeyeon shook her head at her hoobae’s silliness. Seohyun was always prim and proper when she’s outside and only a few can see her silliness.

 

Taeyeon was looking through her DSLR camera when she found a picture she can’t remember seeing. It was a picture of her and Jessica with Eunbi. She smiled recalling the memory of them in Busan helping the organization.

 

Flashback to the event

 

Taeyeon halfheartedly dragged herself inside the bus that was waiting for her and her fellow schoolmates. She knew she’s late as she just woke up. If it hadn’t for Jessica waking her up earlier she would’ve missed the bus. The younger girl woke her up and she packed my things for her.

 

Taeyeon begrudgingly walked inside the bus looking for a vacant seat. She saw Jessica and she noticed that it’s a vacant seat beside her so she dragged herself towards her.

 

Jessica just woke up and she feels her head is throbbing. She woke up extra early because she knows Taeyeon wouldn’t pack her things. She packed her housemate’s things and woke the girl up when she was about to go out. The student council members are expected to be at the school earlier than most of the student body.

 

Jessica left a vacant seat beside her because she doesn’t want anybody sitting beside her. Her fellow members already know it and the students assigned to her bus know it as well. Unfortunately for her, her housemate was assigned to her bus, too. She knows her housemate is not one to follow the rules.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jessica asked in a hushed voice. “I don’t want anyone sitting beside me. Can’t you see they left this seat because of that?”

 

“I’m not them. And this is your punishment for disturbing my happy weekend.” Taeyeon whispered back. “There there, this’ll end soon.” The older girl winked at the younger girl.

 

“Psst. Taeyeon, Taeeeeeng.” Someone called out the older girl’s name after the bus leave.

 

“Tae, someone’s calling for you.” Jessica poked her housemate’s arm. The older girl doesn’t budge, she’s sleeping soundly.

 

She let the older girl sleep as she knows the small girl watched drama series all night. She looks around wondering who’s calling for the older girl. She saw Tiffany’s roommate looking at her with wide eyes. She groaned. She focused her attention on the view outside her window.

 

The view is so peaceful in the morning. Just looking at it makes me feel serene. Jessica thought.

 

“Jessi!” Someone whispered yelled behind her. She saw her best friend – Tiffany – calling for her.

 

“What?” She glared at the loud girl. Her best friend was whispering but it’s really loud for a whisper. She’s afraid it’ll wake her housemate up. “Lower down your voice, Tiff.”

 

“I’m just surprised you’re not ing around right now. Someone just sat beside you.” Tiffany asked confused.

 

“She’s a fellow student who doesn’t know about me. I’ll let her slide just this once.” Jessica stated firmly.

 

She didn’t notice that her best friend was the one behind them. She’s thankful that the loud girl didn’t hear her conversation with the sleeping girl.

 

She saw her best friend nod and put her earphones on. She sighed in relief when her best friend lets it go.

 

“So I’m just a fellow student?” The supposed to be sleeping girl asked her.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be asleep?” She countered.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be ing because I sat beside you, Miss Secretary?” The older girl countered with a smirk on her face.

 

The two are talking with each other in a hushed voice. Jessica rolled her eyes and grabbed something from her handbag.

 

“Here,” Jessica gave the older girl a sandwich. “I know you haven’t eaten yet.” She said.

 

Taeyeon looked at the secretary with an unexplainable look. She didn’t expect her to give her breakfast.

 

“Don’t fall in love with me now, Tae.” The younger girl teased. She can’t help but laugh at the older girl’s look.

 

“I’m sleepy.” Taeyeon announced.

 

She fell back to sleep with her head on Jessica’s shoulder. When they arrived at the place everyone was looking at them. They can’t believe someone really sat beside the student council’s secretary. The rest of the student body was always told not to sit beside her. A lot of the students wanted to sit beside her but they’re always rejected by the rest of the student council saying that Jessica doesn’t want anyone sitting besides her when riding a bus.

 

So it’s to everyone’s surprise when they saw the secretary sitting beside someone and with that person’s head on their precious secretary’s shoulder.

 

Jessica and Taeyeon were asleep when they arrived at their destination. They didn’t know that everyone was staring at them. Thankfully for them the student council president – Seohyun – told them to stop staring and get out of the bus.

 

The president walked up to her unnies when no one was left in the bus. She shook her head on her unnies situation. Taeyeon has her head on Jessica’s shoulder while hugging her body. Jessica on the other hand has her head on Taeyeon’s head while her arms are hugging the older girl.

 

“Unnie,” Seohyun shook her fellow student council’s body. “Wake up, we’re here.” She then shook her unnie’s – Taeyeon – body next. She knows she’s easier to wake up.

 

“Mmmm,” Taeyeon groaned. “Sica, five more minutes.” She muttered.

 

Seohyun has her brows raised hearing the oldest girl’s murmur. That’s new. I didn’t know the unnies know each other. Sica? So they’re close? The youngest thought.

 

She shook her unnies’ body again until they wake up. Jessica was the first one to open her eyes. She was surprised to see a pair of limbs entangled on her body. She’s surprised to see Seohyun in front of them.

 

“Wake her up, unnie. We’re already here. Everyone has left the bus, they’re already inside.” Her hoobae told her. “And a heads up, everyone saw you in that position with Taeyeon-unnie. So I suggest you ready your explanation.”

 

Jessica heard a groan besides her; she looked to her right and saw Taeyeon’s eyes looking at her. The older girl’s eyes lingered on her face and then sighed.

 

“I’m really disoriented right now. Please don’t mind me.” Taeyeon mumbled. “You’re pretty when you look innocent.” She saw the older girl’s eyes closed again.

 

 

“Unnie,” someone called Taeyeon.

 

“Ah, Joohyun-ah, you’re here.” Taeyeon is outside taking photos of the children playing at the playground.

 

The junior students are assigned to play and entertain the children while the senior students are assigned to help the organization. The students are divided into two organization. One is assigned in Seoul and the other is in Busan. Lucky for the one assigned in Seoul, they didn’t have to experience the almost three hours drive from Seoul to Busan.

 

Sunny and Sooyoung are assigned in Seoul while Jessica, Taeyeon, Yoona, Seohyun, Yuri and Tiffany are assigned in Busan.

 

“How’s the photo taking going?” The president asked the photographer.

 

“It’s going great. I’m having fun, the children here are little angels.” Taeyeon replied with a serene smile on her face.

 

“That’s good. And yes, I agreed. They’re really lovely and sweet. Some boy proposed to Jessica-unnie earlier.” Taeyeon coughed from her own saliva when she heard what Seohyun just said. Seohyun smirked as she was watching Taeyeon’s reaction the whole time.

 

“Really? The secretary? Did she say yes?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“No, before she can answer Yuri-unnie dragged the boy elsewhere.” Seohyun answered. “I didn’t know you’re going to attend this event. You’ve never attended one.”

 

Taeyeon’s breath hitches when she heard Seohyun’s statement.

 

“Uh, yea. I figured I’ll give it a try. And I heard you’re looking for a photographer so I volunteered.”

 

“How did you know we were looking for a photographer? I’ve only discussed it with the student council member.” Seohyun’s trying to catch her unnie. She just wants her unnie to admit something.

 

“Okay okay.” Taeyeon puts her hands up I surrender. “Jessica asked me. She’s my housemate, but don’t tell anyone.” She pleaded.

 

“You know I’m not a blabber mouth, unnie. Have some trust on me. But, I’m a little offended. I’ve asked you many times to attend our events but you never once showed up.” Seohyun said with a pout.

 

“I’m sorry, Seohyun-ah. I swear I really didn’t want to come here. It’s just I owe something to Jessica.” Taeyeon explained. It’s not entirely false as she’s still feeling guilty for sleep walking into Jessica’s room.

 

“Okay.”

 

“By the way, Seohyun,” Taeyeon looked at her hoobae with a nervous grin. “Since you already know about this, you’re going to be my alibi.”

 

“For what?”

 

“In case someone asked why I’m here, it’s just in case so don’t worry about it.” Taeyeon grinned at the younger girl.

 

Seohyun nodded and waved her unnie ‘bye. She’s needed elsewhere. After Seohyun left, Yoona – another hoobae of Taeyeon and Jessica’s childhood friend – sat beside her unnie.

 

“I’m really surprised you’re here. You’re neither a junior nor a senior.” Taeyeon said when she saw her.

 

“That’s what you get when you’re best friends with the student council president. I get all these kinds of privileges.” Yoona proudly said. “Why are YOU here?” Yoona asked her unnie.

 

Is her in an event of the school really that surprising? Taeyeon groaned. She was asked about this for at least three times already. Yuri asked her earlier as well.

 

“Jessica asked me to be the photographer.” There’s no use of lying to Yoona. She trusts her as she’s like her younger sister, same as Seohyun.

 

“Unnie already has you whipped?” Yoona laughed.

 

“Yah! I’m not whipped. And how am I whipped?”

 

“Okay okay. You’re not, unnie. False.” Yoona whispered the last part. “Do you want a break from taking a photo?”

 

“Talking to you is already a break. Besides, I don’t need to take  photo every single time, I just need to capture important ones.”

 

She looked at the children playing and saw Jessica playing with a group of children in the playground. She can’t help but smile at the sight. She can see Jessica’s genuine smile when she’s playing with the children. She decided to take a photo of them. These are the important ones that she’s talking about. She thought.

 

“Like Jessica’s smile, unnie?”

 

“Yea.” Taeyeon answered absentmindedly. She was so into her view that she didn’t hear Yoona’s question clearly.

 

Yoona lets out a grin alternating looking at Taeyeon and Jessica. I hope these two gets together. Yoona thought.

 

 

Seohyun and Jessica were at the dining hall – together with the senior students – preparing for the lunch break of everyone. Seohyun can’t stop grinning at her unnie as she is really feeling happy for her Taeyeon-unnie and Jessica-unnie. She’s happy for Taeyeon because she came to the event – finally. While for Jessica, because ever since they came in the organization, she can’t stop smiling. It’s rare for her unnie to smile when there’s no one around or there’s no one talking to her.

 

“What is it, Seohyun?” Jessica asked when she can’t help but notice her hoobae grinning widely at her. She’s used to her being serious all the time so it’s a surprise for her finding Seohyun grinning widely. “I can’t help but notice you’re so happy.”

 

“Me? I was just glad that my unnie finally came to one of our events.” Seohyun answered.

 

Jessica looked at the girl confused. Seohyun has a sister?

 

“Which unnie?”

 

“Taeyeon-unnie.”

 

Jessica coughed at the name. It slipped her mind  that Seohyun and Taeyeon are close. She remembered their conversation that one morning and she remembered that Seohyun already knows that they’re already living together. Wait, that doesn’t sound right.

 

“I asked her to become our photographer.” Jessica whispered.

 

Seohyun smirked. She didn’t know that her unnie’s gonna confess that easily.

 

“You made her come here?” She faked gasped. “How did you do it, unnie?” She asked.

 

“It’s nothing big. As you already know, we’re housemates. She owe something to me so I asked this in return.” Jessica explained.

 

The truth is, Seohyun doesn’t know that they’re housemates, she just knew now when Taeyeon told her. Jessica on the other hand was half stating the truth. Taeyeon does owe her something but she has forgotten about it not until Taeyeon reminded her. Honestly speaking, when she heard about their other photographer backing out she immediately thought of Taeyeon. She saw the older girl’s talent in photography when she accidentally saw her mini studio at home.

 

“But still, she owe me a lot of things but she never say yes to me.” Seohyun shared.

 

Jessica looked at the younger girl with a confused face. What is she implying? Is that true?

 

“Taeyeon-unnie is really lazy when it comes to attending these kinds of things. She said it’s a waste of time – you can ask Yoona-unnie about it. We have invited her a hundred of times but she never once complied.” Seohyun – once again – shared to her unnie. She was really surprised to see Taeyeon at the event as she knows the older girl doesn’t want to attend events inside and outside school. ”You must be special, unnie.”

 

Jessica was left there thinking.

 

 

Taeyeon decided to stay at the playground when it was time for lunch. She gave her responsibility to Yoona as the girl was so insistent to take the photos. Yoona’s a great at taking photos, why didn’t Jessica ask the girl? She thought.

 

She was laying at the tree house when someone poked her cheek. She looked beside her and saw a young girl.

 

“Hello there,” Taeyeon sat up. “What’s your name?”

 

“Eunbi.” The little one replied. “What’s your name?”

 

“Taeyeon.” She answered. “Have you eaten?” the young girl shook her head. “Why?”

 

“Jessica-umma isn’t inside. I want umma to feed me but she wasn’t there.” The little girl has tears in her eyes. Jessica-umma?

 

“Why? Where’s your umma?”

 

“She was dragged by a girl – a giant girl – from our table.” The little girl was sobbing beside her. Taeyeon has her eyes widen looking at the sobbing girl. She decided to pick up the girl hoping that it’ll be enough to stop the girl from crying. Aish Jessica.

 

“Shhh, don’t worry baby girl. We’re going to find your umma.” Taeyeon is cursing inside her head. She decided to call for Jessica as the girl has no intention of stopping her cries until her umma is here.

 

“Yah!” Taeyeon whispered yell when Jessica answered her phone.

 

“Why are you whispering? And where are you?” Jessica replied.

 

“I’m with Eunbi, she’s crying looking for you. She said some giant girl dragged you elsewhere and she’s been looking for you since then. Where are you, Jung?” Taeyeon asked her.

 

“What? Where are you right now?”

 

“We’re at the tree house. But I’m going down right now.” As Taeyeon said that she slid from the exit of the tree house – it was a slide – with Eunbi in her arms. “We’re at the exit of the tree house, the slide one.”

 

Jessica was eating when she received Taeyeon’s phone call. Yuri was the giant girl that the little girl was talking about. Yuri told her that Tiffany was calling for her so she left the table where Eunbi was, Eunbi sees it as Yuri dragging her away from her.

 

She excused herself from the table with the student council and some other children to go to where Taeyeon and Eunbi are. She run around the playground with the child’s food and Taeyeon’s as well – she knows that the older girl hasn’t eaten yet.

 

“Hey,” Taeyeon greeted her. The little girl still on her arms sobbing. “Eunbi-ah, you’re umma’s here now.”

 

“Eunbi-ah, I have your lunch with me now. Umma’s sorry for leaving, Eunbi-ah.” When Eunbi heard Jessica’s voice, she run to where her ‘umma’ was. “I’m sorry, Eunbi.” Jessica passed the foods to Taeyeon’s hands and cradled the kid.

 

“Umma, I found my appa.” Jessica and Taeyeon looked at the little kid confused. “Taeyeon-appa.” The young girl said suddenly and the two adults coughed uncontrollably.

 

“Eunbi-ah, I’m not your appa. I’m a girl.” Taeyeon tried to explain to the little girl.

 

“But you look like a boy, appa. And you’re the one I want for my umma.” The cheeks of the two adults turn red when Eunbi finished her sentence. This girl is really something. They thought in their head.

 

Taeyeon finds herself laughing at the ridiculous set up. She decided to play along to what the young girl wishes.

 

“Eunbi-ah, come eat with appa then. Umma will be mad at you if you don’t eat. And you know how she is when she’s mad? She’ll be like a dragon with her nose breathing out fire!” Taeyeon placed the foods down on the slide and  picked up her ‘daughter’ from Jessica’s grasped. “Do you want that to happen?” Their ‘daughter’ shook her head. “Then let’s eat!” Taeyeon run from where Jessica is while holding Eunbi in her arms.

 

Jessica laughed at Taeyeon’s display. She sighed while picking up her ‘daughter and husband’ ‘s food and followed them. She saw Taeyeon going up the tree house with a laughing Eunbi in her arms. She grinned at the sight of the two.

 

Unknown to the both of them, there are two pair of eyes watching them, known as Seohyun and Yoona. The two were wearing a serene smile at their faces. They’re happy seeing their unnies laughing with no care in the world. It’s a new scenery for them. Seohyun hasn’t seen Taeyeon genuinely smiling ever since they met, same goes for Jessica. Yoona on the other hand hasn’t seen Jessica being carefree and smiling genuinely, not until that incident happened when they were in second year high school. Yoona sighed at the thought. I wish you happiness, unnie.

 

End of flashback

 

Taeyeon smiled at the memory. And an idea pops into her head. She already knows what she’ll do on her date with Jessica.

 

 

“Taeyeon-ah, I heard you have a girlfriend now.” Hyoyeon – her cousin – told her. “Is this serious?”

 

“Yah, I didn’t invite you here to ask me that. And who told you that? It’s Sunny, isn’t it?” Taeyeon sighed. She invited her cousin to help her plan for her date with Jessica this weekend. “And she’s not my girlfriend.” Yet.

 

“Why did I hear this from Sunny, Taeng? Why didn’t you tell me?” Hyoyeon asked hurt.

 

“It’s not like I want to broadcast it. You know I don’t want to tell anyone in my family if I’m not sure of it yet.” Taeyeon told her cousin. “Besides, I invited you here, right? This is my way of telling you.”

 

Taeyeon has never introduced her relationships to her family. She thinks it’s a waste of time as she’s going to break up with them later. She said to herself that she’s only going to introduce the one that she’s sure of – if that ever comes – to her family members.

 

“I do know your past relationships, though.” Hyoyeon stated.

 

“You know them because apart of being my cousin, you’re my friend.” Taeyeon replied.

 

“How about this one? You’re going out on a date. And you’re actually planning the date not the other way around.” Her cousin asked her.

 

“I’m still scared, but, I think this’ll be the last.” Taeyeon told her cousin. “This one’s a secret, though.”

 

“Wait, a secret affair? Is that why you didn’t tell me firsthand?” Hyoyeon grinned. She loves these kinds of things. “Who are the involving parties?”

 

“Don’t be too happy, Hyo. You’re gonna be really surprised if you knew who they are.” Taeyeon let out a sigh. “Do you know the secretary and the vice president of the student council?” Taeyeon asked her cousin.

 

“Jessica and Tiffany?! You’re involved with the law makers of the school?” Hyoyeon asked her cousin in shock. She didn’t expect her to know the student council members, except for Seohyun as the girl is really close to her as well. But Tiffany and Jessica are VIP’s in their school and her cousin is… A nobody. “How did this happen? Ahh, I’m really not expecting this. You? And the student councils? Wow, this is really big.”

 

“Yah! You’re making it sound like it’s a big deal. It’s not that big of a deal.” Taeyeon waved her off. “And it’s not like I knew Jessica’s part of the student council.”

 

“How did this happen?” Hyoyeon asked in disbelief.

 

“Jessica was looking for a house to live; she was kicked out on her previous one. I happen to overhear her conversation with her mom and I don’t even know why I invited her to live with me. I’ve never met her before that encounter, I really thought she’s just an ordinary student, and I didn’t know that she’s part of the council.” Taeyeon explained. “Anyway, she’s living with me now. And things happened that lead us to like each other and I confessed to her last Sunday and I asked her out on a date.” Taeyeon added.

 

“Okay. That’s weird, but whatever. How does Tiffany fit into all of this? How is she involved?” Hyoyeon asked her.

 

“She likes me.”

 

“Woah, aren’t you a big celebrity. This is big; the two VIP’s like you. Damn, this is really confusing on your part.” Hyoyeon said. “So you can’t choose between the two?”

 

“Not really, it's quite the opposite, actually. I’ve already chose Jessica. I really like her but Tiffany doesn’t know that Jessica and I are living together. And they’re best friends. Do you get where I’m going?”

 

“You hit the jackpot, cousin. But, let me tell you something,” Hyoyeon paused, she’s contemplating if she should tell her cousin or not.

 

“I’m waiting, Hyo,” Taeyeon urged the girl.

 

“Tiffany’s really different if she likes someone.” Hyoyeon started.

 

“What do you mean different?”

 

“She tends to like things that are impossible.”

 

“You’re making this sound dramatic, Hyo, this is not that big. Besides, she’s best friends with Jessica, I’m sure she’ll give way for her best friend to be happy.” Taeyeon answered.

 

“No, this is BIG. You have two VIPs pining over you, Tae.”

 

“You’re making it sound like I’m some kind of a celebrity,”

 

“Taeyeon, Jessica and Tiffany are the school’s Goddesses. People fight to be with them. And you’ve got them to like you, especially Jessica.” Hyoyeon sighed. “I’m sure you don’t know this as you really never cared about what’s happening inside our school. But this is BIG, Taeng. And complicated.”

 

“How is this complicated?”

 

“As I told you earlier, Tiffany always gets what she wants; you know how I know that?” Taeyeon looked at her cousin with curious eyes. “It’s because I had a friend she liked before.”

 

“What happened?”

 

“My friend – Nickhun – likes someone else that time, but then Tiffany likes him as well. When Nickhun confessed to that someone she said she’ll give Nickhun a chance, one date she said, but then during their date, Tiffany happens to be there as well. The next thing Nickhun knows, that someone rejected his confession and then the next day Tiffany was there to accompany him. Eventually they got together,”

 

“Okay, why did they breakup then?”

 

“That’s the thing, it’s because she found someone else to like. She left my friend brokenhearted just because she doesn’t feel the thrill with him anymore.” Hyoyeon answered.

 

Taeyeon was surprised to hear those things. She didn’t know the vice president that well, but she didn’t expect her to be like that. Another thing she doesn’t like.

 

“So you’re saying the same thing will happen to me? That won’t happen to me. I know what I’m getting myself into.”

 

“I’m just warning you, Tae.” Hyoyeon breathed out. “Especially because that someone was Jessica.”

 

Oh.

 

 

Taeyeon went to Sunny and Sooyoung’s dorm to get ready as she knows Jessica will be awake soon. Its Saturday now, the day of their date. The day she’s been preparing for. She has left a note for Jessica at their dining table saying that she’ll pick her up at 11:00 a.m., she has prepared a breakfast for Jessica at the table as she knows the girl will probably be too tired to cook for herself.

 

She enters her friends’ room – Sunny already gave her the key – to see them still asleep at the couch in the living room. Welp, someone had a busy night. She shook her head as she laughs at her friends’ state. Sunny and Sooyoung are spooning at the couch with their mouths hanging open. She took the opportunity to take photos of her friends, as a mean to use in the future in case she needed one.

 

When she thinks she captured enough photos, she went to her friend and taps her. She even pokes her nose just to wake her up.

 

“Yah!” Sunny shouted when she felt someone poking her nose. She opens her eyes and sees her best friend laughing. “I’m going to kill you, Kim Taeyeon!”

 

“Bunny, you’re so loud I’m still sleepy.” Sooyoung mumbled beside her.

 

Sunny quietly removes herself from her girlfriend’s grasp. She pointed a finger at her best friend and muttered some curses. Taeyeon took off from the living room laughing her off.

 

-

 

The two were at the kitchen after Sunny punished Taeyeon. The latter is preparing the foods she’s going to bring for her date with her housemate. Sunny looks at Taeyeon with a smile on her face; she’s proud of her best friend, she’s happy for her as well. She used to nag her friend to go out and date someone, but now her friend is taking someone out on a date for the first time.

 

“You really like Jessica, don’t you?” Sunny asked the busy girl.

 

“Surprisingly, yes. I thought I had to get used to it, but I’m already comfortable with saying and thinking that I like her. I’m really going to try with this one, Kyu. She’s different.” Taeyeon dreamily said.

 

“I’m happy for you, Taeng. Let’s just hope no one ruins this, okay?”

 

“I hope so, too.”

 

 

A ring wakes Jessica up. She begrudgingly made her way to their front door as the ringing kept hurting her head. Where’s Taeyeon? Why is she not answering this? She knows I love my sleep. Jessica sleepily thought.

 

What she sees at the screen monitor made her awake. It was her best friend; she didn’t know what to do as her best friend doesn’t know that she lives here. She’s really thankful that her best friend doesn’t ask questions about her home.

 

She calls Taeyeon’s phone to let her know her dilemma. She was panicking at the moment but when she saw what’s in the dining table, she stopped. She can’t help but smile at what her housemate did for her. As if on cue, Taeyeon answered her phone.

 

“Wow, you’re early as I expected.” Taeyeon greeted her.

 

“Thank you for the food, Tae.” Jessica smiled as if Taeyeon can see her.

 

“I’m glad you liked it, I’ve tried to cook your favorite food. I asked Sooyoung about it but it turns out she doesn’t really know about your favorites. That girl really only focuses on her own foods.” Taeyeon chuckled. Jessica can’t help but chuckle with her, the problem regarding her best friend was momentarily forgotten. “It’s really nice to hear you laughing and giggling, it’s a nice change. I always hear you groaning and cursing the sun every morning.” The short girl teased.

 

“It’s because of you, Tae. This is really sweet; no one has ever done this to me. Thank you so much.”

 

“Well, you deserve the best.” Taeyeon answered. “Go and fix yourself, you still need to eat that breakfast I made for you. I’ll be picking you up at 11! See you!”

 

“Okay, I’ll see you soon.”

 

“Oh, and don’t think about anything else today! Later!” The call has ended.

 

Jessica – as much as she can’t help it – decided not to think about their problem with their friends. She smiled as she take a sit at the dining table to eat what Taeyeon has prepared for her. She has never experienced this as her past relationships were just about public display of affection. She’s thankful for Taeyeon for making her feel special. I’m looking forward on what you had prepared for our date, Taeng.

 

 

“You already know what to do, right?” Taeyeon asked for a hundredth time.

 

“Yes, Taeng. Distract Yuri, got it.” Her cousin said.

 

Taeyeon has planned for their date to be problem free so she asked for her friends to distract the two roommates. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were in charge of Yuri while Seohyun was in charge of Tiffany.

 

“Seo? Where’s Tiffany now? Am I safe to go to our apartment?” Taeyeon asked her hoobae that’s on the line.

 

“Yes, unnie. I’ve called Fany-unnie to meet up with me. She’s already on her way. But to be sure, wait for my call to inform you that she’s here with me.” Seohyun said on the phone.

 

“Okay. You know where not to go, right?”

 

“Yes, unnie. You’ve already told me this for lot of times already.” Seohyun chuckled. She’s kind of amused of her unnie’s state. She knows Taeyeon for two years, yet, she has never seen her this nervous. “Don’t worry, unnie. I’ll do my job properly.”

 

“Thank you, Joohyun-ah. Call me later, okay?”

 

“Okay, unnie.” Taeyeon ended the call and turned her attention on her best friend, her cousin and her best friend’s girlfriend. They are looking at her with an amused face.

 

“Not one word from your mouths.” Taeyeon warned.

 

She’s nervous as she doesn’t know if Jessica’s going to like her plan for their date. She has never asked someone on a date, she doesn’t know what to feel.

 

“Calm down, midget. She’s going to love this.” Sooyoung told the fidgety girl. She’s happy that Taeyeon is taking this seriously, at least she knows what the girl’s motive is.

 

Taeyeon’s phone beeped and it was a text from Seohyun informing her that Tiffany is with her and that it’s safe to go to their apartment. Taeyeon inhaled and exhaled breaths to calm herself down.

 

“Okay, wish me luck.” Taeyeon said. “Don’t forget your assignments!” She called out and a minute after she was out of Sunny and Sooyoung’s door.

 

“Our only assignment is distracting Tiffany and Yuri, right?” Hyoyeon asked the tall girl.

 

“Yupp. Lucky for us, I’ve already got it covered.” Sooyoung smirked. Hyoyeon has a confused face. “I invited her to hang out with us here. We don’t need to go at their house, she’s going to come us.” Sooyoung let out an evil laugh.

 

“Stupid. What if she sees Taeyeon and Jessica on her way here?” Sunny interjected. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon had their eyes widen on what Sunny had said. That’s a big possibility! Sooyoung thought.

 

“! We need to go, Hyo! Go go go!” Sooyoung hurriedly said.

 

Sunny looked at her girlfriend and their friend, laughing at their dumbness. Dumb and dumber duo. She shook her head at the thought.

 

Everyone had it easy. I have the biggest assignment among all of us. Well, Yoona and I. Sunny sigh and decides to call Yoona.

 

“Yoong, I’m on my way. Wait for me in front of the public library.”