Chapter 21 to Chapter 25

Agent Hyo Yeon The Series

Chapter XXI – Someone’s Missing

Super Junior’s Dormitory…

Eunhyuk went to their balcony to think. He left the other guys playing in the living room.

He looks at Hyo Yeon’s balcony and he didn’t expect her to see her there.

She is standing there while holding a cup of hot coffee and staring at the night sky. It seems that she didn’t notice him because she is thinking deeply.

Tears fell on her cheeks.

Eunhyuk is flustered when he saw her crying.

“Hyo.” He called her.

Hyo Yeon was surprised when she saw Eunhyuk. She turned her back against him and wipes her tears.

“What do you want?” she asks still facing her back to him.

Eunhyuk cross the balcony and stands close to her.

“Why are you crying?” he asks.

Hyo Yeon turned around didn’t expect that Eunhyuk is so close to her. She moves back to leave a space between them.

“You don’t need to know.” She said.

“Mian.” he said.

“For what?” she asks.

“For making you cry.” He said.

“What made you think that you’re the one who made me cry?” she asks.

“I just feel it.” He said. “I should be your guardian but when the ninja attacked, I only did was to watch you. And I can’t do anything even when Agent Onew came to save you.”

“No need for your apology. I am your bodyguard. My job is to keep you safe. You don’t need to oblige yourself to guard me even though you promised it. I can take care of myself.” She said.

She is about go back inside the apartment when Eunhyuk grab her and kiss her lips.

Hyo Yeon is shock that she almost drop the cup she was holding.

After seconds, Eunhyuk released her. “Saranghae.”

“Y-You don’t know what you are saying.” She said but her heart is beating fast.

“I am not drunk and I am sure of my feelings. I loved you when the first time I saw you coming out of your car and introduced you as our bodyguard. I just ignored it because of my pride.” He said.

“You’re crazy. Just go back to your dormitory.” She said.

“No! I’m not going anywhere unless you tell me that you love me too.” He said.

“Stupid! I don’t have any feeling for you, got it? Don’t be such a full of yourself. I am a professional agent and I don’t mix my personal feelings to my job. For me, you guys are just a job.” She said and leaves Eunhyuk.

After closing the balcony’s door, Hyo Yeon’s tears begin to fall. What she said is a lie. She knew that she loves Eunhyuk but she needs to sacrifice her feelings because it is against the rule.

Warrior Goddess Company’s rule is do not let your personal feelings get involve with your mission.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

The next day, Hyo Yeon acts like nothing happened that night. She, being strict to the Super Junior, continues. She also avoids getting close to Eunhyuk.

“I’ll wait you all in the van.” Hyo Yeon said.

It was an ordinary day for them. They just went to their schedules.

Hyo Yeon went to the van.

After 15 minutes, the guys arrived.

“Where is Shindong again?” she asks.

“He left something in the practice room.” Yesung said.

“He’s really so slow!” she said.

They waited for him but it is almost 30 minutes but no sign of him.

“Where is he? Can someone call him?” she said.

Leeteuk calls Shindong but no one answering his handphone.

“Stay here and I’ll look for him.” She said.

“It is better if we all look for him.” Eunhyuk said.

“Fine.” She said.

They all went back to the building.

“He’s not in the practice room.” Sungmin said.

“Not in the studio.” Donghae said.

“No sign of him in the cafeteria.” Ryeowook said.

“Even in restrooms.” Hankyung said.

“Then, where did he go?” she asks.

Then, they saw a guard passing by.

“Excuse me. Have you seen Shindong?” she asks the guard.

“I saw him a moment ago. He is about to go when a girl approached him and asked for his sign. Then, they left and went to the parking lot at the back.” The guard said.

Hyo Yeon senses that there is something wrong. They went to the parking lot at the back of the building but it is empty. Hyo Yeon checks on her S-Pad. All the 13 rings are on the same location. Hyo Yeon look around and saw something shining on the ground. She checks on it and it is Shindong’s ring.

“Shoot.” She said.

“Isn’t that Shindong’s?” Leeteuk asks.

“Shindong has been kidnapped.” She said.

The Super Junior are shocked. They can’t believe that Shinodong has been kidnapped.


Chapter XXII - Saying Goodbye

They went back to the dormitory. Their manager is waiting for them inside the dormitory. He talked to Hyo Yeon.

“What happened?” the manager asks.

Hyo Yeon explained to him what happened.

“Why did you let this happened? You’re the bodyguard and you let Shindong get kidnapped!” the manager said.

“I’m sorry, sir. I’ll do my best to save him.” She said.

“No. I’ll let the police to the job.” The manager said.

“What do you mean, sir?” she asks.

“I know you’re capable to finish your job but this past few days, you were distracted. I don’t want to believe it but I think you are falling in love to one of the Super Junior. I’m sorry but I would like you to stop now. For the sake of Super Junior.” The manager said.

“Sir, but I-”

“No more buts. I’m sending a letter to your boss telling that you’re fired from being the bodyguard.” He said and left.

Hyo Yeon can’t believe it! Her worst nightmare come true.

She calm herself before going out.

“Hyo?” Eunhyuk calls her.

“What?” she coldly asks.

“Is it true that you are no longer our bodyguard?” he asks.

“Ne.” she said.

Eunhyuk hugs her.

“Go away!” she pushes him.

“Why?” he asks.

“From this moment, I don’t have any connections to all of you. I failed my mission. Once I leave, we will go back to our normal lives. We will not see each other again.” She said.

“But you can save Shindong, right? I know you can.” He said.

“Your manager already fired me.” She said. “The police will handle the case.”

“I’ll talk to manager. I’ll tell him that we need you here.” He said.

“No. Just let me go. He’s right and he is just protecting you, all of you.” She said. “I’ll just pack my things and leave.

While packing her things, Hyo Yeon is crying. She watches the Super Junior members from the CCTV and her eyes are looking at Eunhyuk.

She was interrupted when Onew calls.

“Yoboseo?” she said.

Agent Hyo, what happened? I just heard about it to Boss TOP.” Onew said.

“I failed.” She said.

And she told her what happened.

I’ll talk to Boss TOP. They can’t just fire you. It is part of the mission that sometimes someone needs to be in danger.” Onew said.

“Agent Onew, don’t. I just don’t want to do it anymore, too. Besides, it is the manager who fired me. He hired me so he has the right to fire me.” She said. ‘After all, my personal feelings is already involve here.

Onew sighed.

What are you going to do now?” Onew asks.

“I’ll just pack all my things here and continue my vacation. After all, I am in the middle of my vacation when I got this mission.” She said.

Do you want me to come over there to help you?” Onew asks.

“I’m fine, thanks.” She said. “Call you later. Bye.”

After the conversation, Hyo Yeon cried again. It is not because she failed the mission but because she loves Eunhyuk but she needs to go away for the safety of him.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

After packing her things, she went to the Super Junior’s dormitory for the last time.

“So, you’re really leaving us.” Kibum said.

“I’m sorry. I let Shindong get kidnapped. As your bodyguard, it is my job to protect all of you.” She said.

“But we are 13. Our manager doesn’t understand that one bodyguard can’t guard 13 at once.” Donghae said.

“Still, it is better if I just leave. Your manager already decided.” She said. “He will hire new bodyguards for you.”

“That’s bullsh*t! No one can be like you. You are the best bodyguard we’ve met.” Heechul said.

“We will talk to him.” Leeteuk said. “We are the one that need to guard, so we have the right to choose who will going to guard us.”

“Guys, please don’t make things complicated. I also have decided to go. Besides, even if I accomplished the mission or not, I will still leave and never show again to you.” She said. “I need to go now. Bye, guys. I’m sorry for scolding you these past few days. I am happy that I had a chance to be your bodyguard.”

She leaves them in their dormitory.

After getting all her things from her apartment, Hyo Yeon took a last look to the Super Junior’s dormitory.

She saw them looking at her from their balcony. She wave goodbye to them before getting in her car.


Chapter XXIII - Who will be next?

Two days had passed since Hyo Yeon left the Super Junior. Their manager hired some bodyguards to guard them 24/7.

“I miss Hyo Yeon.” Hankyung said. “She always praises my cook when she was here.”

“Yeah.” They agree.

“She shouldn’t have left us.” Heechul said.

“She just did what our manager said.” Leeteuk said.

One of their bodyguards called them because it is time for them to leave.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Studio…

“Let’s go, guys!” Leeteuk called them.

They all went out of their dressing room and proceed to the studio.

“Wait! I just need to go to the restroom.” Sungmin said.

“Make it quick.” Leeteuk said.

“Ne!” Sungmin said.

He walk fast in the hallway and went to the men’s restroom.

After a while, he washes his hands and went out of the restroom. He is now walking back to the studio when the lights went off.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Woah! What happened?” Siwon asks when the lights went off.

“Someone please check what’s going on!” the director shouts.

After few seconds, the lights went on again.

“Finally! Let’s start now.” The director said.

“But Sungmin isn’t here.” Leeteuk said.

“Where is he?” the director asks.

“Restroom.” Yesung said.

“Please someone check on him.” The director said.

“I’ll do it.” Donghae said and left.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

After couple of minutes, Donghae came back alone.

“Well?” the director asks.

“He’s not in there.” Donghae said. “I checked all the restrooms but I didn’t see him.”

“Find Sungmin.” Leeteuk told the bodyguards.

“For the meantime, let’s start the recording.” The director said.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

WGCo., South Korea Branch…

Hyo Yeon is staring at her computer ever since she came back. Her plan to have a vacation was cancelled because she is sure that she will not enjoy it.

Her boss understands her and he didn’t get mad.

“Agent Hyo, gwenchana?” Sandara asks.

“Ne.” she said.

“I shouldn’t ask. Obviously, you’re not. Do you miss him?” Sandara asks.

“Who?” she asks.

“Super Junior’s Eunhyuk.” Sandara said.

“Why would I miss him?” she asks.

“Because you love him.” Sandara said.

“No I am not. And what made you think that?” she said.

“Agent Onew told me.” Sandara said. “Besides, you can’t lie to me. I can see in your eyes that you love him.”

“What would Agent Onew know about love?” she asks.

Sandara didn’t answer her.

“I love him but we will never be.” She said.

“Why not?” Sandara asks.

“I promised to myself that I will be like Agent BoA no matter what happened. And in order to become one of the top agents, I need to put my personal feelings aside.” She said.

“Never ever sacrifice your love ones for your ambitions. Because you might realize that the one you love is more important than to your ambition.” Sandara said. “Agent BoA told me that.”

“And she told me that, too.” She said. “I became too focused to become to be a top agent that I forgot all the lessons I learned from her. I shouldn’t give up Eunhyuk just because of my ambition because I can still be a top agent if I really wanted to.”

“Right.” Sandara said.

“Thanks, Prof. Dara.” She said.

“You’re welcome.” Sandara said. “So, are you going to finish your mission?”

“I should ask Boss TOP first.” She said.

“He’s in London and will be back after 10 days.” Sandara said.

“Guess I need to wait for him.” She said.

“But for the meantime, why don’t you make your own investigation first?” Sandara asks.

“Isn’t it against the rule?” she asks.

“Oh yeah… Guess, you just need to wait.” Sandara said.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Shindong and Sungmin being kidnapped is now on the news. The SM Entertainment cancelled some projects of Super Junior for the sake of their safety.

“First, Shindong. Now, Sungmin. Who’ll be next?” Kang-in said.

“Don’t say that! There will be no next.” Leeteuk said.

“What’s the use of having 13 bodyguards when they are useless?” Heechul said.

“It is better if noona is here.” Ryeowook said.

“I agree but for now, we will pray for Shindong hyung and Sungmin hyung’s safety.” Siwon said.


Chapter XXIV - I'm Back

Sungmin, wake up! Wake up!” Sungmin woke up when he heard a familiar voice waking him up.

He tried to move but he can’t as if he was tied up.

He opens his eyes and look around. He saw Shindong tied up on the chair next to his.

“Shindong, where are we?” Sungmin asks.

“I don’t know. All I know is that someone kidnapped us.” Shindong said.

“What should we do?” Sungmin asks.

“I don’t have any idea. So far, they didn’t hurt me. They even give me meals 3 times a day.” Shindong said.

“Do you have any idea who’s the mastermind?” Sungmin asks.

“No idea. Only one person who goes here to give me meals but he is wearing a mask.” Shindong said. “Do you have your ring? Mine fell from my pocket when they kidnapped me.”

“We don’t have the rings anymore. When you got kidnapped, manager hyung fired Agent Hyo Yeon. He hired 13 bodyguards but they are all useless.” Sungmin said.

“Oh…” Shindong said.

Just then, men wearing masks came in.

Then, they heard familiar voices coming.

Let us go!

“Sounds like Wookie.” Shindong said.

Ryeowook and Yesung are being dragged by men wearing masks.

“Shindong! Sungmin!” Yesung shouts.

The men tied the two on the chairs.

“What happened? How did they have you?” Sungmin asks.

“After your disappearance, the company lessen our projects but still it is useless. I and Wookie are on our way to the recording of a soundtrack when our van got blocked by their van and kidnapped us.” Yesung said.

“Our bodyguards are really useless. They got knocked down in an instant.” Ryeowook said.

“I hope Agent Hyo Yeon save us.” Shindong said.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Four of the members of famous boy group Super Junior were missing. After the disappearance of Shindong, Sungmin, Ryeowook and Yesung, the SM Entertainment yet to release their official statement. As for now, most of the projects of Super Junior are being cancelled by the agency for their safety. These past few months, fans of Super Junior were killed by unknown murderer. Is this related to the disappearance of the members of Super Junior?”

“Shoot!” Hyo Yeon said while watching the news from the Agent’s Department in WGCo., South Korea Branch.

She is trying to contact her boss but no answer from him.

“Agent Hyo Yeon, gwenchana?” Yuri asks.

“I need to talk to Boss TOP but I can’t contact him.” Hyo Yeon said.

“Is this about your mission?” Yuri asks.

“My failed mission.” Hyo Yeon said.

“Everyone’s failed, you know.” Yuri said. “Anyway, if you really want to help the Super Junior, why don’t you ask their manager?”

“He’s angry at me.” Hyo Yeon said.

“Well, his bodyguards are useless. If you can convince him that you can be a big help to them, maybe he will listen to you.” Yuri said.

“Ok. I’ll try.” Hyo Yeon said.

“And if doesn’t work out, punch him.” Yuri said.

“Thanks.” Hyo Yeon said and left.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

SM Entertainment…

Hyo Yeon went there to talk to the manager.

“Manager Kim, you should listen to me. The kidnapping will continue unless I’ll be back as their bodyguard. The psycho fan knew that I am a threat to her so she starts kidnapping them but if I am back, she will be having a hard time to get all of them and at the same time I can know where she hide the others.” Hyo Yeon said.

“I already fired you. Your job as their bodyguard is already done. We don’t need your help. They have bodyguards that can protect them.” Jung Hoon said.

“Protect them? They can’t even guard a single person.” Hyo Yeon said.

“Who are you to say that? I am only doing what I think is right!” Jung Hoon said.

“And I am only doing what I think is right, too. If you are worried that Eunhyuk and I are falling in love, I guarantee you that for me, work is work. No personal feelings.” Hyo Yeon said. “If you don’t need my help, fine. Don’t come to me begging to rehire me again.”

Hyo Yeon said and left.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

London…

TOP just finished his business meeting in London and before he go back to South Korea, he visits someone he knows.

He went to a Japanese style house and there he saw the silhouette of a woman from the curtain.

“Good to see you again.” A woman said behind the curtain.

“How are you?” TOP asks.

“I’m good.” She said. “I know what’s happening in your country.”

“She failed.” TOP said.

“But it doesn’t mean that she should stop.” She said.

“What do you want me to do?” TOP asks.

“What a boss should do.” She said.

After talking to her, TOP calls someone.

“Hello, Mr. Lee. How’s your company? Say…” TOP started.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Hyo Yeon doesn’t know what to do now. She can’t start the investigation without the order from her boss.

She is now losing hope when her handphone rings.

“Yoboseo?” she answered.

Hyo Yeon smiled.

“Agent Hyo Yeon is back.” She said.


Chapter XXV - Is it the End?

Hyo Yeon hurriedly went back to headquarters after receiving a call from her boss that she is now back to the mission.

As soon as she enter the Agent’s Department, Yuri approached her.

“Agent Hyo Yeon, someone delivered this a while ago. She said that this is the answer to your question.” Yuri said.

Yuri handed her a brown envelope.

Wonder who it was, Hyo Yeon still receive the envelope.

“Thanks.” She said.

“Good luck.” Yuri said and left.

Hyo Yeon went to her desk and opens the envelope.

The envelope contains pictures of Super Junior members talking to their fans including the last victim, Gong Minzy, before they took pictures with them.

“There’s something odd about this pictures.” She said.

She takes a closer look to all the pictures and then…

“Bingo!” she said.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Eunhyuk and Leeteuk are now going back to their van after their radio show when a black van stops and five men came out to kidnap them.

The two are strangling while their bodyguards are already knocked down.

Suddenly, Onew and Minho came.

The agents save them from the kidnappers.

“Gwenchana?” Onew asks.

“Ne. Thanks.” Leeteuk said.

“What are you doing here?” Eunhyuk asks.

“Saving you. If not because of Agent Hyo I will not here saving a monkey.” Minho said.

“Agent Hyo? You mean Agent Hyo Yeon?” Eunhyuk asks ignoring what Minho said to him.

“She’s back and she called us to protect you while she is going to the psycho fan’s house.” Onew said.

“She’s really back?” Leeteuk asks.

“Ne.” Onew said.

Eunhyuk is happy to know that Hyo Yeon is back.

“But she already knows who the psycho fan is?” Eunhyuk asks.

“Ne but she didn’t tell us who it is.” Onew said.

“We need to bring you back to your dormitory.” Minho said.

“Ne.” the two said.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Hyo Yeon secretly went to the psycho fan’s house. How stupid of her not to know it. Every pictures showed the psycho fan and the worst is that she always see her in every schedule of Super Junior.

She carefully hid behind the tree and check if it is safe to enter the house. After making sure that it is safe, she sneakily enter to the backdoor.

The whole house is quiet. It is like nothing is in there. She climbs the stairs and saw an open door. She enters the room but it is empty except for the chair in the middle of the room.

Suddenly, the door closes and locked. Hyo Yeon tried to open the door but it won’t open. Then smoke coming out from nowhere. It is sleeping gas.

Hyo Yeon tried to break the door and the window but no lock until she felt herself getting dizzy until she fainted.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Hyo Yeon woke up when cold water splash on her face. She cough and cough because of the water. She opens her eyes and saw the person she is expecting.

“CL or should I say Lee Chae Rin.” Hyo Yeon said.

CL claps her hands. “Bravo, Agent Hyo Yeon. You manage to know who the psycho fan is.”

“But why are you doing this?” she asks.

CL smirked. “I think I don’t need to tell you since all I want is the Super Junior.”

Hyo Yeon tried to move but she is all tied up.

“You won’t be able to escape since I took all your agent’s devices from you. And in just few minutes, this house will explode along with you.” CL said.

“You won’t get away, CL!” she said.

“Ooohhh… Scary…” CL said and laughed. “You’re such a stupid girl coming here without even knowing that there might be a trap.”

CL walks towards the door. “Goodbye, Agent Hyo Yeon. You only have 10 minutes to live.” CL said and closes the door.

Hyo Yeon tried to escape but she really can’t.

Then, she smirked.

“What now? Is this really the end? I didn’t even made my dad’s family proud.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

When Hyo Yeon was only 5 years old, her dad left her and her mom because he blamed them because he will never be the president of their company.

Because they don’t have money to make Hyo Yeon study in college, after graduating in High School, Hyo Yeon works as a janitress in a big company and her schedule was always in the evening.

One night while cleaning the restroom on the 21st floor, she heard a noise. She thought that it might be a ghost since rumors said that there’s a ghost going around the building and besides no one works in the company at 11:00 in the evening.

Hyo Yeon isn’t afraid of a ghost so she ignores it. But when she walk passed the conference room, she heard someone’ talking. She walks closer to the door and eavesdrop.

She heard them talking about illegal drugs and Hyo Yeon recognizes one of the voice as the CEO of the company.

Since she knows that she will be in danger if they see her there, she carefully walks away but stupid of her, she knocks the vase down and broke into pieces. Because the place is already quiet, the loud sound of the vase that fell on the floor made the men inside the conference room to rush out of the room.

They saw Hyo Yeon next to the broken vase.

“Kill her.” her boss said.

His bodyguard was about to shoot her with a gun when a man came out of nowhere and saves her.

“W-Who are you?” she asks when they are hiding in a vacant room.

“Agent Onew at your service.” He said.

“Thank you.” She said.

“Thank me later if we manage to get out of here alive.” He said. Then a pain draw on his face.

Hyo Yeon checks on him.

“You’ve been shot.” She said.

“I’m fine.” he said.

The door opened and two men came in.

Onew and Hyo Yeon hide behind the cabinet.

“Listen, you need to escape. I’ll cover you while you go to that door.” He said.

“What about you?” she asks.

“Don’t mind me.” He said.

But Hyo Yeon doesn’t want to leave him. He saved her life and she wants to repay him.

“I’m not leaving without.” She said.

“Just do what I say!” he said.

“I owe you my life so we will leave here together.” She said.

Hyo Yeon took the gun from Onew’s and shoot the two men.

It is the first time that Hyo Yeon holds a gun but Onew knew that Hyo Yeon has the potential to become an agent.

One of the agents came to help them and after that incident, Onew asked her to join the Warrior Goddess Company and she said yes.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Are you just going to sit there and let yourself die?” someone asks while Hyo Yeon is starting to accept her end.

Hyo Yeon opens her eyes. “You?”