Chapter 9

Reality (Jenlisa)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note to self: Never piss off a baby kitten.

It's been a week.

Jennie has been ignoring me for 7 days and I am completely disturbed by this silent treatment. Every time I would try to go up to her in school she would just walk the other way. I've tried texting, calling and I even tried going to her house but I every time I did, fear would take over and I would immediately turn my car around. But I never hesitated to leave whenever I would spot Marks car right in front of her house.

I lazily unlock my apartment door and enter. I throw my car keys on my kitchen counter and walk towards my couch. Groaning in annoyance, I idly lay on my couch and slowly close my eyes. I use to enjoy the silence, but lately, it has been slowly destroying my mind. I slowly sit up and rest my arms on thighs. I lean forward and put my face in my hands, trying to steady my now heavy breathing.

Why is she ignoring me?

Does she hate me?

Is she disgusted by the truth?

My breathing becomes heavier at the fear of Jennie vanishing from my life completely. I slowly begin to feel my tears sliding down my cheeks. I tried to shut my eyes tight, trying to stop my tears from falling.

Don't cry. Don't cry.

Feeling myself being detached from reality, I begin to feel my body tremble as I can slowly feel myself failing to hold in my tears.

"Stop it." I whisper to myself. I try to get up and walk towards my room, but the throbbing in my chest intensified causing my knees to weaken. I drop to the floor suddenly feeling lightheaded. I yelp in pain when my elbow hits the corner of my coffee table causing it to bleed.

"Damn it!" I yell out angrily. I was frustrated. I was tired. I was hurt.

No.

I am frustrated! I am hurt! and I am deeply exhausted. I can't do this anymore.

The pain in my elbow was nothing compared to the terrible ache in my chest. Feeling my breathing become heavier, I curl up into a ball on my floor whimpering from the pain in my arm and in my heart. Then suddenly, after hours of repressing, I finally broke down. I clutch my chest, letting out a sob that has been trying to escape for days. My tears were endless.

It hurts. It hurts so much.

.....................

I don't know how long I have been crying, I just suddenly felt myself slowly entering the darkness. And by the time I woke up it was already morning. I slowly stand up, grabbing my head as I was becoming lightheaded, and slowly and carefully walk towards my bedroom.

"Well ." I mumble to myself when I saw my reflection in the mirror. My eyes were puffy from crying, my cheeks were stained by my tears and I had dry blood going down my arm.

Fantastic, I sarcastically thought.

I shrug, and lazily grab my jeans and a loose yellow t and walked towards my bathroom.

.....................

I groan in annoyance when I realized I was late again to my first period, but this time, I decided to attend the class. I slowly walk towards the door of my class, adjusting the bandage on my elbow and hesitantly put my hands on the door knob. Was I ready to see her? I asked myself. I shake my head, getting rid of the fear and slowly open the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter