Chapter 3

Reality (Jenlisa)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sleep, my love, I miss you.

 

Sleep is my escape route, if only I could just lie down in the middle of the hallway and escape the world around me. Because then I wouldn't have to see the love of my life hold someone else's hand. They're both walking ahead of me leaving me behind to watch Mark lean down and kiss Jennie on the cheek. I instantly roll my eyes when I hear her giggle and see her cheeks go red. I look down at their hands and internally groan in annoyance, desperately wishing that it was me holding her hand again. I look around trying to distract myself only to see other students gawking at them.

 

I mean who wouldn't? They're the hottest couple on campus. If I was straight I would probably be infatuated with Mark too. I laugh at myself quietly finding that thought ridiculous. Not because of the fact that I would like Mark, it's the fact that I would still be in the same position, the pathetic, sad girl trailing behind.

 

No one knows that I am gay and I am not planning on telling anyone just yet. It's not because I'm afraid of the judgements, I am just afraid to lose a certain someone in my life.

 

I look up and examine Mark, he sure is a head turner. He's 6'ft tall with nice broad shoulders. He has short, dark brown curly hair and has big brown eyes that makes every girls knees weak. I can see why Jennie is smitten. I feel my heart shatter of the thought. Not being able to take it anymore, I decide to walk ahead of them, ignoring a pair of eyes boring into the back of my head.

 

I rush into the classroom and walk towards the desk in the back that is next to the window. I throw my backpack on the floor and sit on the chair. I place my cheek on the desk, facing the window and close my eyes, wanting to, again, forget the scene I just witnessed.

 

"Oh no you don't" Jennie says, she begins to lift up head by my ears. I wince in pain and remove her hand from my ear. I look at her and pout, 

"But I'm sleepy." I whine.

"Nope." She shakes her head. 

"You are going to sit up straight and listen to the teacher." I groan in annoyance.

"But Nini!" She cuts me off with a glare.

 

"No buts! Now hush, class is about to begin." She turns away from me and faces the professor. I sit up straight and huff in annoyance.

 

"Fine." I said. I glance at her, only to see her smiling in victory. I look forward with a small smile on my face.

 

Whipped, shut up.

 

You could say, through out the class, my attention was not on the professor.

 

...............................

 

A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter