Chapter 6

Reality (Jenlisa)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being in love with someone that you know will never reciprocate the same feelings for you is absolutely agonizing. But, what's even worse is them not knowing the fondness you have for them.

 

Why?

 

Because, they will always unintentionally break your heart over and over again.

 

After a few minutes of watching Tangled and enjoying our ice cream Jennie's phone goes off. She grabs her phone and looks at the caller ID.

 

Great. Fan-ing-tastic.

 

Mark, I love you man, but really?

 

She looks at me smiling apologetically,

 

"I'm sorry." I shrug and look away from her,

 

"Go for it, the movies almost over anyways." I feel her stare at me as if she was trying to see if I was truly okay with her answering the phone. Ignoring the ache in my chest, I sigh and look at her,

 

"If you don't answer it I will," I joke.

 

I avert my eyes from her again and continue to "watch" the movie. She doesn't answer the phone for a moment. The only sound you can hear is the annoying ringing of her phone and the sound of the tv. I then suddenly hear her sigh causing me to look at her. I don't know if it's just in my imagination but when I looked into those cat like eyes of hers, there was a flicker of disappointment. But again, I think it's just in my imagination. I don't want to get my hopes up for something that will never happen. What was the point? It will only cause me more pain at the end anyways. She stares at me for a few seconds, as if she was waiting for me to say something else. Again, just my imagination. She then averts her eyes from mine and slowly nods.

 

"Okay." She answers the phone and stands up and walks out, towards the kitchen,

 

"Hey babe."

 

I watch her walk out and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

 

I grab the remote and turn off the tv, no longer in the mood to finish the movie. I lean my head back and close my eyes, trying to focus on the silence. But, it's pretty difficult when the only sound you can hear in the apartment is the soft, sweet voice of your best friend. There is something about her voice that is just so soothing to the ears. It makes you forget the reason why she is even talking in the other room. Without realizing it, I feel my body soften and begin to doze off.

 

"Okay, I have to go. Bye!" I barely hear her say. It was silent for a moment,

 

"I love you too, bye." I clench my fist, trying to remind myself to breath. My eyes remain close as I hear her footsteps come closer. I suddenly hear her stop, and quietl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter