Date?

It All Started With A Dare

NARRATOR'S POV

Kyung Mi was taking a nap until her mom woke her up.

"Kyung Mi-ah, there's a handsome young man downstairs looking for you." Kyung Mi's mom said.

"Handsome? Tell him he got the wrong house. Why would a handsome guy look for me?" Kyung Mi said to her mom.

"Aiyoo, just go wash your face and go downstairs." Kyung Mi's mom instructed, heading downstairs.

Kyung Mi did as she was told. Then, she walked downstairs and saw Dongho.

"Kyung Mi-ah!" Dongho shouted as soon as he saw her.

"What are you doing here?" Kyung Mi asked, walking to the living room where her mom and Dongho was at.

"Kyung Mi-ah! Where are your manners? You ungrateful child." Kyung Mi's mom yelled.

Then, her mom hit her lightly on the head with an empty folder, repeatedly. Dongho tried hiding his laughter at the scene he was seeing.

"Arasso. Mian." Kyung Mi apologized.

"Let me rephrase what I said earlier. Did you need something?" Kyung Mi asked, ever so politely.

"Can I take you somewhere?" Dongho asked.

Kyung Mi thought about it for a while. Then, she remembered what the queenkas did to her earlier today.

"No thanks. It's because... my mom won't let me go." Kyung Mi replied, making up an excuse.

"No no. You can go Kyung Mi-ah." Kyung Mi's mom said, butting in.

"Now, go change." Kyung Mi's mom commanded.

 

Kyung Mi's POV

I walked upstairs to my room.

Aish! Thanks a lot, umma. Now, I'm probably going to get more beatings.

I didn't know anything about style, so I just pulled random clothes out. Like, literally. Whatever I pulled out, I had to wear.

To my surprise, I pulled out khaki shorts that looked like this and a plaid shirt that looked like this. Like I said before, anything that I pull out, I have to wear. You're probably wondering where I get my clothes if I have no sense of style, right? Well, I never did my own shopping. My mom does it for me.

I walked downstairs with my phone in my hand.

Once I reached the last step of the staircase, my mom shooed us away, telling us to "run along now."

"So, where are we going?" I asked him.

"Han River." he replied.

"Do you want to walk or drive there?" he asked.

"Either way is fine with me. I'm not really that picky." I replied.

He led me to his car. I was reaching for the handle, to open the door for the passenger's seat. Dongho was doing the same. We both accidentally touched each other hands. I pulled my hand back right away.

"Mianeh." I apologized.

He opened the door and signaled me to go in the passenger's seat. Once he was in the driver's seat, he drove to Han River.

A couple of minutes passed and we were there. We sat on the dock and watched the view of the river.

"I want to get to know you better." Dongho said, starting a conversation.

"There's nothing really interesting about me." I informed him without even looking at him. I was busy gazing at the beautiful view right in front of me.

"What do you like to do?" he asked me.

We started talking about things we like and dislike. Then, we exchanged numbers. It's like what friends do. I've never experienced this feeling. It feels good to have a friend.

 

Dongho's POV

"Kyung Mi-ah, what do you think of me as?" I asked.

"Hm? Well, I think of you as a friend." she replied.

"Do you think we can be more than just friends?"

"M-molla. I don't even know you that much. And plus, we can never happen. A nerd that everyone despises plus a kingka that everyone adores? It's not gonna look good for your reputation." she chuckled.

I froze for a while hearing her words. She cares about my reputation.

"Should we go home now?" she suggested, getting up from her spot.

"Ani, let's stay here a little bit more." I replied.

She sat down once again. After a couple of minutes, she started hugging herself. She's cold. I took off my jacket and placed it over her body. Hey, I have to make her fall for me. It's not like I wanted to do this.

She looked at me.

"Bwoh? You look cold." I explained.

She removed my jacket and gave it back to me. "You're gonna be cold. It's my fault for not bringing a jacket."

"Just use it." I smiled, placing my jacket over her body once again.

-----

"Class! Listen up!" Mr. Yong yelled. 

Everyone immediately put their attention to Mr. Yong.

"Square dancing has been canceled." Mr. Yong announced.

"Is it just rescheduled?" Ah Jung asked.

"Ani. We won't be doing square dancing at this school again." Mr. Yong answered.

I looked over at Kyung Mi. She had a blank look on her face. She looked like she didn't care about square dancing like other girls did.

"For now, we'll play basketball. Two against two. Who wants to play?" Mr. Yong asked.

I raised my hand. After I raised my hand, three other guys raised their hand. Mr. Yong assigned me a partner. The basketball game started and it  was going on for a while. The score was 10-6. I was in the winning team. The guy I was partnered with passed me the ball. 5 more second left. I shot the ball and made a three-pointer.

"That one was for you, Kyung Mi." I announced, out loud.

Everyone was staring at Kyung Mi and I.

"Oppa! You've totally gone crazy!" Ri Ah said, running to me.

"That shot was for me, right oppa? Right?" Ri Ah asked.

"Yah! Ri Ah, are you deaf? Let me dumb it down for you. I said KYUNG. MI. Kyung Mi, I said Kyung Mi." I explained to her, repeating Kyung Mi's name several times.

 

Kyung Mi's POV

Ri Ah glared at me. Oh no. More beatings. Aishh! Dongho-ssi, why'd you have to do that?! Ri Ah walked beside me and glared at me once again.

1 more period passed and lunch came. Here comes the beating. As always, for lunch, I would take my lunch and walk to an isolated corner to eat. When lunch ended, I was walking pass the restrooms when I got pulled in the girl's restroom. Great! The queenkas. I already knew what was gonna happen next, so I just closed my eyes. I thought I was going to get hit right then and there, but nothing has happened for a couple of seconds. I opened my eyes and saw Dongho holding Ri Ah's wrist.

"What are you doing, Ri Ah?!" Dongho asked, yelling.

"Oppa, that hurts!" Ri Ah complained.

"I never ever want to see you try hurting Kyung Mi ever again. All three of you. If you even lay a finger on her, you guys are dead. Understand?!" Dongho warned them. I was startled at what he said.

"Arasso arasso!" they all yelled in unison. They ran out of the restroom.

Dongho released Ri Ah's wrist and kneeled down on one knee in front of me.

"Kwenchana?" Dongho asked, lending me a hand. I grabbed his hand and stood up.

"I'm fine. Komawo." I bowed.