Pun Intended

Confessions of a Buddy

Alcoholic drinks were served and no wonder some of the producers and staff are tipsy or already drunk by the time the party was over. Even Kuan was tipsy. Well he's always sleepy so I couldn't really tell. He stood up and told us he was going in first. Placing his hand on my shoulder then doing the bro handshake with Dylan.

 

"Goodnight Kuan!" I told him.

 

"Goodnight Yue." He said then left the hall. Dylan and I didn't have alcohol. Well I'm legal to have one, but Dylan isn't though I doubt he didn't drink before. So we decided to just skip it since the producers already warned us.

 

We need to keep our heads clear anyway. Because we still have a conversation to finish.

 

"Wanna get out of here?" He asked.

 

"Where to?" He pointed up. The rooftop. This hotel has one of the amazing rooftops I've seen. It has gazeebos with couches where people can hang out. And since it's already past midnight, not a lot of people will be around.

 

"I'll go first. I'll text you when I get there so you can follow."

 

"Okay." He squeezed my hand and stood up. He walk to his manager and told him he would be going back to his room.

 

I scrolled through weibo while waiting arounf for Dy's text. I was wondering what's taking him so long since it's already been 30 minutes and 15 seconds. YES. I ACTUALLY TIMED IT.

 

I was getting agitated when the notification came.

 

"Come up, Yue."

 

I went to my manager and told her the same thing Dylan did.

 

The elevator ride was nervewracking. We'll be alone once again, it was okay awhile ago, but now it'll be just the 2 of us again.

 

"Go to the last gazeebo on the right side." I know that, we frequently hang out on that area because it was partly hidden by the potted plants.

 

I saw a faint light coming from the gazeebo where Dylan was at. What was this guy doing?

 

"Dy? Are you there?"

 

I didn't hear a response. Suddenly my eyes were covered. I almost panicked but I heard his voice.

 

"Shh. Someone might hear us Yue."

 

"What's this for?"

 

"It's a surprise." He guided me towards the gazeebo.

 

He pulled away his hands and said, "Surprise!"

 

I saw the couches was pulled to the side serving us our cover from prying eyes. The comforter from his room was placed on the middle filled with pillows and our favorite snacks. His laptop was also there together with the speaker I gave him as a birthday gift. I looked at him and smiled.

 

"A picnic? Wow Dy, that's why you took a lot of time. I thought you fell asleep."

 

"Do you like it? It was the only thing I could prepare. We could talk or watch movies, or stargaze whatever you like." He was rambling.

 

"Ay, Wang He di, I love it!" I hugged him while he kissed my forehead.

 

He removed my shoes and pulled me towards the blanket. But before I could sit, he pulled his phone out and played a mellow music.

 

"Yue, will you dance with me?" I looked at him, wow Didi can be romantic? I want to laugh but he smiled sheepishly so I just chuckled and agreed.

 

We swayed not knowing what to do. He placed his head on my shoulders and groaned.

 

"I'm not feeling the music Yue, I'm more like the hiphop kind of guy. And I'm not romantic at all" He admitted.

 

"I know. That's why this feels unnatural. But thanks for the effort anyway. Can you stop the music first? " I pulled from him. He smiled at me awkwardly, then turned off the music.

 

"Sorry!" While he laughed. We looked at each other and laugh even further. I lightly punch his arm.

 

"You don't have to do that Dy. You know the kind of girl that I am. I like simplicity and I know you're not into cheesy type of things. But you're romantic in your own way." I moved and tried to fix his hair disheveled from preparing the surprise.

 

"I just wanted to make you feel special."

 

"I feel special. Tell you what, next time write a rap for me. That's more Dylan. That's my Dylan."

 

He smiled cockily. "Your Dylan?"

 

I blushed. "I meant the Dylan that I know."

 

"But you said-" I punched him, he threw his hands up "Alright, alright."

 

We sat on the blanket and tried to get comfortable.

 

"Okay let's watch movies. Yue, you pick the movie, I have different genre. I'll prepare our snacks"

 

He turned away from me.

 

I opened his laptop and found a gif. It looks like the same gif that I surprised him with on his birthday. Only this time, instead of a greeting, it was flashing the words "WILL YUE BE MY GIRLFRIEND?" I don't know if I will laugh or cry. It's so typical of Dylan to use a pun even if he's confessing. He liked to fool around but that's why I fell for him.

 

"Dy..." I turned to him and he was there beside me. Sitting quietly with his eyes crinkled from the childish smile he was sporting.

 

"So what is it Yue? WILL YUE BE MY GIRLFRIEND?"

 

"You're such a kid! Of course I will!" he pulled towards his lap and hugged me. I place my arms around his neck.

 

"You really had fun preparing that didn't you?"

 

He winked. "You know me." and I stared at him. Wondering why this guy liked me in the first place. It was liberating to let all our feelings out. This guy although he's young and can be childish at the same time, managed to capture my heart because he's more than that.

 

" Yue don't look at me like that."

 

"Like you wanna kiss me, because I might kiss you and trust me it will be a long time before I stop."

 

"Then why don't you?" I dared him.

 

He brought his lips to mine and we made out. I tasted a hint of cigarette and mint on his lips. He my lower lip asking for an entrance I willingly granted him. We only stopped for air. And then he was leaving kisses on my forehead, my eyes, my nose, my cheek, my jaw and went back to my lips.

 

When we finally parted he was grinning proud of himself.

 

"I'm better at kissing you when there's no cameras around." I laughed at what he said because he really had a hard time whenever we have kissing scenes. Either I was too shy or he was, the position was wrong, the weather was really cold, or the director wasn' t satisfied. But this time, this was us kissing as Dylan and Yue.

 

We watched horror movies after that and ate the snacks he prepared. He kept on asking me to feed him, which I gladly obliged. He really is a kid. A giant, hiphop, rapping kid.

 

It was 6am when we finally said goodbye. I kissed him on last time on before we rode the elevator. And he pecked me one last time before he left me at my hotel room door.

 

Our flight back home was this afternoon at 5 so I still had time to sleep.

 

I succumbed to a wonderful dreamland of teddy bears dancing to swag music while trying to greet me with ther fistbumps. I didn't know teddy bears could form a fist.