SIGNED AND SEALED

Confessions of a Buddy

I woke up to the sound of my door opening up. And I faintly heard someone walking towards my bed. The bed dipped and from the smell of this person, I knew it was my boyfriend. Boyfriend. What a nice word to associate with him. He snuggled on my neck as I felt him hug me.

 

"Wake up Yue! I have pizzas. Let's eat!"

 

I groaned. "What time is it?" he pinched my nose.

 

"It's 12pm. Come on. Our flight's at five. You still have to prepare." I wasn't moving so he decided to kiss my lips.

 

"Yue." Kiss. "Wake." Anothers kiss. "Up." And another one.

 

"I love this alarm." I smiled as I finally got up. He lauged. "I love it more."

 

"How did you get in anyway?"

 

"I borrowed it from your manager. I told her I would hang out with you."

 

I nodded. He placed the pizza on the bed. I was feeding him a pizza while lounging on the bed with him when my manager decided to come in. I froze in shock. Uh oh.

 

I tried to pull my hands but Dylan held it still eating the pizza I was feeding him.

 

"Jie, this is not what it looks like."

 

"Relax, yue. I know. Dylan already asked my permission. I gave my blessings."

 

I look at Dylan and saw him smiling smugly at me. He made a kissing face.

 

"But. You didn't tell the managment right?"

 

"No. I put my job on the line. I like Dylan for you. I know you're both new to this industry but I saw how you treat each other. I knew it even before he confessed to you. Just be careful okay? I'll helo you both. But you have to be careful." She looked worried but still she smiled at us.

 

"Just get ready by 2pm Yue. I already packed yoour other luggage." and with that she left.

 

I looked down worried. Dylam smooth out my forehead.

 

"Hey what's wrong? I'm sorry if I didn't ask you first before I told her. I figured she was kind of your guardian and as a form of respect I ask her first." I smiled despite my worries. I kissed his cheek.

 

"No. I actually like that Dy. But what if what she was worried about happened Dy? What of it gets hard once we returned in China? You and I will be busy with our own schedules. Eventually we might lose contact. What if, what if this" I pointed to the both us, "what if this is just temporary?" I had to wake myself up. We won't always be together. Because we have our own careers that we have to give importance to.

 

Dylan hugged me to calm me down. "Yue, we don't know that yet. I treasure anything that I have as long as I can. Because it is important to me, because it is a part of me. I wouldn't let that happen." he reassured me.

 

"But I'm not an object you can treasure Dy. I'm a person." I didn't think this through. I was so happy by his feelings that I forgot our reality.

 

"Exactly Yue, you are a person that I like heck, I love. And that makes you more important than anything or anyone. I know you that you know that when I start something, I would really give my all, all my efforts no matter how hard it is. You told me you like that about me. What happened to that Yue that told me those things last night?"

 

It was like a breath of fresh air. He was right. I actually fell for him because of his determination as a person.

 

"Don't you trust me enough to give me the chance to treasure you and your heart?"

 

"I do trust you Dy." I really do but the what ifs are gnawing at me.

 

"Then trust me and love me. That's all I ask. We're new in this industry, they may have different opinions about it. But this is about us. It's between the both of us. What they say don't matter because they don't know anything. We know the truth, Yue. We are the only ones who can judge our own feelings and it's up to us to take it for how long we want this journey to go." Wow. This is why I love this guy. Because he's real and he's not afraid of it.

 

"You're right Dy. I'm sorry for doubting."

 

"So are you willing to continue this journey with me? Will you be the song to my rap Yue?" He jokingly added.

 

"Yes Dy. I am willing."

 

"I mean it Yue. I will fight for this because it was worth it. You are worth it."

 

He held his fist towards me, and I held mine on a fist bump.

 

He leaned his forehead towards mine.

 

"Wherever it goes?"

 

I smiled. "Wherever it goes." and then he kissed me.

 

A done deal, an endless contract sealed with a kiss, signed by the heart.