Intruder Alert

Confessions of a Buddy

Few hours already passed and even sleep couldn't shake the feelings that his words evoked on me. So I decided to take a shower, hoping to wash it away. I was blowdrying my hair after changing my clothes that I couldn't hear it even if my manager returned to my room.

 

I was just exiting the bathroom when someone crashed into me, hugging me so tight that it knocked the breath out of me. I was about to scream, trying to push with all my might when I caught a whiff of my intruder's perfume.

 

Dylan. For the love of my brain cells. I couldn't understand why this guy is acting this strange. We usually go and hangout on each other's rooms but this is the first time that this happened. Him hugging me.

 

"Dylan...". My hands hesitated to return his embrace but eventually I succumb.

 

"Is everything alright? Did something happen?" I ask in a soft voice, still out of breath from the impact.

 

Silence. I waited for him to answer but I only felt his arms tighten around me. I tried to rub my hands on his back. Trying to comfort him from whatever problems he might have.

 

" Didi, are you okay? What's wrong?" I prodded him once again.

 

I heard him sigh. I tried to lift my face to look at him, knowing this position will hurt his back due to our height difference. He only pushed my head back to his chest.

 

"Stay still please Yue. Just for a little longer." his arms tighten once again.

 

"Dy, you're starting to freak me out. What's wrong? Did something happen?" I ask him while I tighten my arms on his waist. I heard his heart racing.

 

I felt him place his chin on my head, and then his lips. Wait. Did he just kiss me?! On my head?! Wtfa Dylan freaking Wang!

 

"Dy! What in the world are you doing?!" I tried to pull free once again but he didn't let me. I was trap on the cage of his arms.

 

"Yue..." he started to say but whatever he was trying to say just wouldn't come out of his mouth.

 

"I swear to god Dylan Wang if you don't answer me right now, I will punch the hell out of you!"

 

"God.. This is why I fell for you." he groaned out burying his nose in my hair.

 

I stopped breathing. This time I punched him on his sides. He let me go holding on to the area I just attacked.

 

"Yue! You're always so violent!" he complained like a kid throwing tantrums.

 

I was flabbergasted. "What. The. Hell. Did. You. Just. Say?" Trying hard to find the words to say to him.

 

He stood up straight, leaned towards me, and his eyes stared at me with an even greater intensity.

 

"I said THAT'S WHY I FELL FOR YOU." He looked at me, with that smirk of his waiting for my reaction. My brain seemed to shut down. The only thing I noticed were his reddening ears, the only indication he was affected just as much as I am.

 

"And now it seems I'm starting to regret it." That woke me up. I kicked him in the leg, my automatic response.

 

"Ow! Yue, could you be more gentle?! I just confessed to you!"

 

I looked down blushing hard. "I know that you idiot! What do you expect me to say?! You barged in here after acting all strange last night and now you suddenly confessed to me." I said that in one breath.

 

"An 'i like you too' would be great." He said, leaning his face closer to me, returning to his cocky self.

 

I leaned away and turned my back on him. Damn it. I didn't expect for this to happen. This feelings we're supposed to be locked up. Just go for it Yue! You're straightforward. You can do it.

 

"ILIKEYOUTOO!" Straightforward my .