I Like...

Confessions of a Buddy

I started to walk towards my bed when he suddenly hugged me from the back.

 

"What did you say?!" he asked like a kid who got his favorite toy.

 

"I won't say it again." Trying to get out of his hold.

 

"Nope. Not a chance of you getting away. I heard it in your voice while we're filming the last scene. That was not only Shancai, you were saying goodbye to me Yue. I saw your eyes, you can't hide it from me. Why were yoi saying goodbye?"

 

I gasped. I knew it. I knew he would find out even if I try to bury it with Shancai.

 

"I know this will be the end Dy. After this, we'll both be busy. And I thought you only saw me as a buddy. That's why when you said that you won't forget me, I brushed it off. Because I know eventually you will, I know I will be just a distant memory. That's the way it is in our industry. We move on from every project and characters and take on new ones. Along the way we part ways with the people we act with, people we connect with. And I can't say that back to you without revealing how I feel." Tears suddenly sprung from my eyes. I sniffed.

 

He turned me around. Brushed his fingers on my hair and placed his other hand on my shoulder.

 

"And what is it you feel Yue?"

 

He lift my chin so I could look at him.

 

"I'm afraid that my response would reveal that I'm falling for my buddy."

 

"And what's wrong with falling for your buddy? I don't see anything wrong with that. Every friendship could turn into something more" He said.

 

"Dy, we're practically siblings. Even the others say that. We even have a bro handshake. And then I end up liking you." I sniffed once again and tried to wipe my tears but his hands stopped me.

 

"Don't. Those tears are for me. Let me treasure it for a moment." He leaned forward and kissed my tears. I stay rooted shocked but then giggled afterwards.

 

"What?" he asked, his face blushing after realizing what he did.

 

"Nothing. I just didn't imagine that you could be this sweet as well. You were always making fun of me. I never knew you have this side." I smiled, caressing his cheek with my hand. Now even his ears are red. It felt good to touch him this way after imagining it for a long time.

 

"That's because that's my way of showing that I like you. Everytime I do it you either smile, laugh or get back at me. And everytime you talk you are so straightforward, so true. And I found myself gravitate to you, doing that every single time we film. Because I realize that I like it. I like touching you." He held my hand and played with my fingers while continuing with his confession.

 

"I like every little thing that you do. Even the way you bite your lip whenever you were concentrating. The cute way you dance whenever you are happy, your soft voice whenever you sing. The way you messed around with me even if others are already getting annoyed with my immaturity. I could go on all day, and each one of them made me fall for you harder everytime." He moved even closer and placed his hands on my waist.

 

"So the moment you fell for me, trust me Yue, I already fell for you a hundred times."

 

It was my turn to look down. And I felt my lips tremble while trying to fight the tears. But eventually the damn was broken.

 

"What did I do now?!" Dylan started panicking seeing me crying once again. He wiped my tears.

 

I tiptoed and brought my lips to peck him and then I tangled my arms on his neck to embrace him.

 

"I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU DYLAN WANG, AND I'M FALLING FURTHER EVERYTIME."

 

I felt him freeze for a second then he embraced me and picked me up hugging me even tighter.

 

We settled on the couch with me sitting on his lap, my back leaning on his chest, his arms around me.

 

We were quietly enjoying the moment after all the confessions we've done when he spoke.

 

"What did you even like about me? I mean I know I'm handsome-" I smacked his chest. This narcissist.

 

"What?! It's true!"

 

"Yes I know you're handsome, so what?" I .

 

"So you didn't fall for me because of my looks?" And here I thought all the confessions are done. I guess there's still more to go.

 

I looked at him. "Well it's part of it."

 

"I knew it!" he said, smirking smugly.

 

"Ay, let me finish first. I admit you caught my eye because of your looks but it can only amaze you to an extent. I fell for you because of your actions."

 

"Actions? What do you mean?" his face confused. Great, narcissist but clueless.

 

"I like how you treat the people around you. You always bring smiles or laughter to whoever you are talking to. You don't care who it is, you always show the real you. And that's rare nowadays. I like how you speak out your mind readily and sometimes I'm amaze by your maturity." I tapped his temple lightly with my finger. His smile lighting up like a Christmas tree.

 

"I love your mind, it surprises me everytime. I like your dedication towards your passion whether it may be acting or playing basketball. I even like the deepness of your voice everytime you rap your heart out. I like the way you treat me as a gentleman, your actions speak volumes to me. And though you always tease me and make fun of me, it highlights my day because of your energy. So, no Dylan. I didn't fall for your looks. I FELL FOR WHO YOU ARE." I buried my head on his neck as I sat towards him.

 

He was silent for a few moments that I raised my head to check on him.

 

I saw him smiling from ear to ear while biting his finger. His ears tainted with red once again.

 

"Dy, you okay there?" He still didn't answer. I think I broke Dylan Wang.

 

Then he cleared his throat and look at me.

 

"So you're saying you're one of my avid fans?" he laughed. The nerve of this guy. I hit him on the chest.

 

"You're so full of yourself."

 

"Yeah, but you like me anyway." Smiling proudly for what he said.

 

I sat up and said "I Do!" while raising my hand.

 

He stared at me shocked but still smiling.

 

"Woah Yue, you really mean it don't you? He asked while patting my head, unbelief marked his voice.

 

"Of course you idiot. Do you want me to knock it through your head then? It's like you always want to get beaten up." I moved beside him and placed my legs on his lap.

 

"You think so? I love it whenever you get violent. It's y." Now I was red as a tomato.

 

"You're so cute Yue." he chuckled while pinching my cheeks.

 

"Stop it Dy!" I tried to push his hand away from me but he just grabbed my hand and tangled our fingers.

 

We heard a knock on the door, we looked at each other and sat apart. Silently agreeing that we'll continue our talk later.