Confessions of An Angel

Confessions of a Buddy

"Yue, I'm coming in. Are you ready for the party" My manager said.

 

"Oh hey Dylan! You're manager was looking for you."

 

"Hey jie! I was just hanging with Yue while waiting for the party. I better look for my manager now. I'll see you at the party Yue! I'll save you some drinks. " He held his fist for a fist bump. I smiled and did the same.

 

"See you Dy!" We're no more than buddies though no label yet. We haven't gone through that topic yet.

 

It was already 7 so I just went over some schedule changes with my manager before we decided to appear on the party.

 

"Yue! Come sit with us!" Kuan called me towards the table where Dylan was also sitting playing on his phone. Dylan looked up when he heard me approaching. Smiling playfully.

 

"Hi Yue! Here's your drink." He handed me a lemonade.

 

I sat in between him and Kuan. I just planted myself on the seat when Kuan spoke.

 

"So are you guys together now?" He ask smiling knowingly.

 

My eyes widened, I look at Dylan seeing him suddenly very interested on his drinks. I pinch his thigh and tried to talk to him through my eyes.

 

What have you done?

 

He looked at me innocently and shrug his shoulders.

 

"Yue?" Kuan said averting my attention from Dylan.

 

"How, how much do you know?" I turned to him. Choosing my words carefully.

 

"Well this guy here practically barged into my room. Whining about how you were trying to say goodbye to him. He kept going on and on about the way he likes you, how he was afraid he might scare you off. About how you only see him as a buddy. My ears almost went deaf from his monologue that I pushed him towards the door and told him to just confess to you."

 

"Ay kuan! I didn't whine, I was asking for your help." Dylan tried to defend himself. When he saw me looking he suddenly looked down and rubbed his nape.

 

"I was confuse and afraid. I didn't want to break our friendship."

 

"What did you say to him anyway? He barged in on my room too." I asked Kuan. I want to know how Dylan was affected by all of these too.

 

Dylan stared at Kuan, daring him not to spill a word. Well he already did.

 

Kuan just smiled and said, "I told him he got the wrong room. I'm not Yue, her room is 3 doors down the hallway on the left. Told him I'm not in the least bit interested in him." If you could only see his face when I told him that while holding on to his shoulders."

 

"Kuan! What the fa?! I needed a friend right now. Stop fooling around." I laughed with him while he narrated what Dylan did.

 

"That did the trick. He ran out of my room and slammed the door."

 

"I was trying to get your opinion, in case you didn't notice. That's what friends do." Dylan said annoyed.

 

"You weren't asking for help, you were confessing Dy. And you were confessing to the wrong person." He smiled while leaning forward to taunt him further.

 

I smiled at all the silliness this situation has brought us.

 

Dylan reddened again but didn't say anything.

 

"Don't I get a thank you then? It seems you two buddies are more than okay." He looked back and forth to the both of us. Now we're both blushing.

 

"Shut up, Kuan!" Dylan said. Luckily the music were playing all around us. Only the three of us could hear our conversation.

 

Kuan held up his hands. "Okay, okay I won't probe you anymore." Still smiling.

 

"For having the face of an angel, you could be evil sometimes Kuan." I said, he smiled wider.

 

"Well, looks can be deceiving." He said.

 

"But thank you Kuan. The confession arrived to the correct location." I tap his arms and smiled. I felt Dylan's fingers tangle with mine under the table.

 

I glanced at Dylan and saw him smiling as well, hiding his excitement.

 

"Well, I'm glad to be of service. He just needed a little push." Kuan said while looking at Dylan.

 

"Thanks bro." they fist bumped each other. The party was in full swing. Ms. Angie Chai tried to dance to River, imitating what Ms. Dee Hsu did on the wedding of Shancai and Daomingsi. We all had a great time. We ate, laugh and talked about the funny memories while filming Meteor Garden.