2018 Round | reveals and masterlist

☆ #JAEHOEXCHANGE MASTERLIST ☆

We're finally here. Before the reveal, mods would like to thank everyone who participated in this year's Revival Round, be it as a writer, beta, pinch-hitter or reader - the response was truly overwhelming and we cannot express how happy we are that we all made this happen. We would greatly appreciate if you could go and fill out this feedback survey and let us know how was your experience for this 2018 Round!

Special shout out to all those who claimed more than one prompt and pitched in for dropped prompts (and honestly, became mvp's in mod's eyes): habitate, changyeopsal, marti803, Yamine_y, shizukanai, ear and our two mods BeeCassiopeia  and starkookies (kas2umi) .

Thank you all who read the works and left comments for our dear writers! The updated masterlist will be posted to LJ as well as here and shared with the wider YunJae audience. Hopefully, we'll see you all again next year for a more amazing 2019 Round!

 

WEEK ONE 20.2k

★ [prompt237] by hyunumi
Sometimes, A Meddler is Needed | PG-13 | college AU, romance | 6.7K
Changmin knew he is a meddling little , and when both of his friends need him, it's time to meddle for a little bit.

★ [prompt305] by katsumi_io
Love and Loveless | PG-13 | romance, fantasy | 4.5k
Where the thoughts of your Soulmate inscribe themselves on your skin in a shifting magic tattoo.

★ [prompt001] by mearii87 (caleyedoscope)
First Impressions | PG | fluff, comedy, romance | 4.6k
Yunho confuses Jaejoong for a freshman, and Jaejoong has a hard time correcting him because how is it bad to have a doting transfer student that wants to buy him coffee all the time? Also, he makes Jaejoong’s knees weak and his heart hammer…he’ll tell Yunho he’s two years older another time…

★ [prompt283] by habitate
Morning Policy | NC-17 | humor, , romance | 4.4k Yunho and Jaejoong repeatedly meet each other at different weddings. The last wedding they meet at is the most beautiful one.

 
WEEK TWO 50.4k

★ [prompt047] by mywhitedecember
Glass Heart | TW/NC-17 | horror, angst, tragedy, romance | 4k
Glass, when dropped too often, will inexorably shatter.

★ [prompt253] by rat-le-snake
The Perks of Owning a Microwave | NC-17 | , comedy, romance | 24k
Changmin's two best friends are known as the 'sweethearts' of the company. They also are known to be 'straight'. Tired of their constant skirting around and the unconscious flirting, he sends the two on a cruise. Discoveries abound at sea.

★ [prompt035] by rat-le-snake
Ma Biche | NC-17 | , humor, romance | 12.8k
Jaejoong is a famous model who hates all male idols, especially one going by the name of Jung Yunho. Yunho is a formerly successful idol whose career is dwindling and he needs all the help he can get to revive it. When the two meet, sparks fly and emotions heighten. Can they survive one video shoot together without grave injuries or are they simply not meant to be?

★ [prompt083] by habitate
The Art (Of Letting Go) | NC-17 | slice of life, romance | 9.6k
Breaking up is never easy but breaking up after ten years of a loving marriage is an art. Yunho and Jaejoong go through the many stages of letting go and excel at every single one of those. When they finally arrive at the last one, acceptance, are they ready to let go or are they still hopelessly in love?

 
WEEK THREE 48.8k

★ [prompt142] by maeve_rynn
Song of Constellation | PG-15 | slow build, slight angst, fluff | 6.2k
*Typing… * Jaejoong: Hey...can you pikc me up? I'm to drnuk (1:42) Jaejoong: Oh you dont have to anymr im home now (2:20) Yunho: Yes I am aware of that. I just dropped you off at home

★ [prompt009] by maxduckbutt
Hate You To The Moon & Back | PG-12 | romance, fluff | 3.2k
Yunho and Jaejoong have hated each other for as long as they could remember. So now that they’re mates and the entire future of the pack lies on their shoulders - how’s Yunho going to manage to come to terms with their fate and their less than likely future without killing each other first?

★ [prompt093] by shizukanai
Vis Intum | TW/R | teenwolf!au, a/b/o dynamics, fluff, supernatural | 14k
When feral werewolves manage to enter his pack's territory despite his emissary's wards, Yunho finds himself struggling to keep not only his emissary's self-trust but also the control over his own emotions intact as his wolf grows more frantic with each passing second during which it senses Jaejoong's increasing distress.

★ [prompt277] by LetsMeetInOurDreams5
Debtors | NC-17 | romance, dystopian, angst | 25.4k
We thought of ourselves the almighty owners of Earth but we were wrong. Owners, we weren’t. Debtors was the correct word. Set in a near future where wars and natural catastrophes had almost destroyed life on Earth. A single government had created a perfect society where humans had been turned into obedient and emotionless puppets. But groups of rebels had flourished everywhere on the planet, hiding from the government and planning to reverse its power. While one lived as a puppet, another fought as a rebel. One day, their paths crossed.

 
WEEK FOUR 23.9k

★ [prompt076] by asdfghjklhynne
Under The Stars| PG-13 | alternative universe, romance, fluff | 3.4k
A workaholic CEO Jung Yunho was forced to join a stargazing event by his best friend's non-profit organization for aspiring astronomers. Who would've thought he'll meet someone there as dazzling as the stars above?

★ [prompt032] by standbymyfivegods
Like Love | G | AU, fluff, slice of life, romance, slight angst, humour | 2.5k
Everyday Jaejoong would dress up for his part time job as a mascot. And everyday he would see Yunho finishing up his work in the shop across the street. As he learns about Yunho from a distance he starts falling in love. After a free-hug event Jaejoong finds himself head over heels for the other. But, how do you make someone fall in love with you if you're always inside a giant costume and never speak a word.

★ [prompt168] by Najaeri
Esrim | PG-13 | drama, angst, romance | 12.7k
Kim Jaejoong embraced his pain reminiscing his old days. Yes, he was happy. Yes, he loved where he stood, but there was a piece missing. And that old puzzle came back from the past.

★ [prompt337] by haektuans0626
Say It to My Heart | PG | angst, romance | 5.3k
Jaejoong feels insecure and unsure of Yunho’s feelings for him whenever he tells him he loves him and his boyfriend doesn’t.

 
WEEK FIVE 37.2k

★ [prompt006] by anonymous m
Unspoken Words | PG-13 | fluff, romance | 5.5k
After nearly a decade of pining for his high school crush, Jaejoong decides it’s time to end his one-sided love.

★ [prompt224] by ear
ちょうせんの小さい蓮 – Little Lotus of Chōsen | W/PG-13 | historical | 9.9k
In hopeless times an innocent love as delicate as a lotus' petal was blossoming in a hopeless place.

★ [prompt276] by Digital_Graphite
Silence | W/PG-14 | post-apocalypse, romance, introspective | 10k
Humans have depleted natural resources, burning through the world’s core, so of course, the world rebels in return. Jaejoong goes to sleep one night and wake up to… Silence.

★ [prompt023] by changyeopsal
The Plan | NC-17 | romance | 11.8k
Our mutual friends set us up on a blind date and didn't tell us it was a blind date, so instead of getting to know each other we spent the entire ‘date’ scheming against them and decided an awesome way to get back at them would be to pretend to date and then have a horrendous breakup but now that we're two months into this charade we're not sure what’s real and what’s fake anymore.

 
WEEK SIX 64.7k

★ [prompt143] by Yamine_y
Just a Kiss | PG-13/15 | romance, fluff, humor | 11k
Jaejoong, a lord's clumsy son, touches a cursed bracelet by mistake and is turned into a frog. To destroy the curse, he has to be kissed by his 'rival' who is Yunho. Yunho refuses. Jae doesn't have more options than being carried in Yunho's pocket hoping he changes his mind pestering him on the process.

★ [prompt255] by chibbi
Ask Us Anything! | PG-13 | comedy | 6.6k
Knowing Brothers Ep. 526 Guest: JYJ

★ [prompt163] by enkaychi
Supernova | PG-13 | angst, sci-fi | 7.1k
Commander Jung Yunho of the IAF does not believe any of the stories about soulmate marks. At best he thinks they're a relic of a primitive age and when he's feeling uncharitable, a birth defect. Contrastingly, Kim Jaejoong has spent over half his life searching for the tug that would tell him he'd found the match to his own soul mark. He's clawed his way to super stardom and traveled to the farthest reaches of the galaxy in hope of finding his soulmate.

★ [prompt278] by infinite_while_lasts
When The Sun Goes Down | PG-13 | au, action, romance, sci-fi | 40k
A virus has spread through the entire country, obliterating life as we once new it. Everyone affected by the virus during the outbreak has turned into zombies and surviving is a true challenge. Jung Yunho, self-proclaimed zombie killer extraordinaire, runs into Kim Jaejoong and decides to lend a helping hand and save him. Except Jaejoong doesn't need saving nor does he want his help.

 
WEEK SEVEN 56k

★ [prompt106] by saltandsunshine
Love letters and home-made cookies | PG-13 | romance, fluff, highschool!au | 9.1k
Yunho mistakenly slips the love letter he wrote into the wrong locker.

★ [prompt184] by CaithyCat1992
The Invasion Of The Big-Eyed Intruder | PG-13/15 | fluff, family, comedy, romance, au | 10.5k
When married Yunho and Jaejoong decide to adopt another child, their bratty son Changmin doesn't approve.

★ [prompt292] by marti803
The Bet | NC-17 | angst, drama, slice of life, college!au, | 31k
Yunho asked Jaejoong to be his boyfriend; Jaejoong agreed because he's a person with a good heart. Turns out everything is just a bet between Yunho and his friends.

★ [prompt054] by changyeopsal
Love of my Life | G | romance | 5.4k
Yunho saw the love of his life at their dorm common room. He just wasn't sure if he can convince him that he should also be his "love of my life."

 
WEEK EIGHT 27.9k

★ [prompt328] by habitate
Equation of U | NC-17 | romance, teen drama | 8.7k
It’s not because the is good that Yunho stays. No, and it’s definitely not because Kim Jaejoong is really hot when not wearing any clothes. All Yunho ever wanted were free tutoring lessons to improve his failing grades, all he ever got was a huge ing crush on the weirdest creature in the known universe.

★ [prompt062] by someone
Oh and darling, | PG-13 | romance, drama | 11.3k
Yunho and Jaejoong met each other that one summer night years ago as teenagers, only to be reunited as adults in the most unexpected way.

★ [prompt030] by TheTransientTako
Nightmare | PG | au, horror, angst, romance | 4.9k
Jaejoong nearly drowned as a child and has since been plagued by nightmares of being saved by a terrifying merman. In order to stop them he travels to the town his Grandparents resided in and meets someone unexpected while there.

★ [prompt081] by starkookies (kas2umi)
Toská | PG-15 | romance, soulmate!au, angst | 3k
Of all the previous times they've bonded with Soulmates, where the bond would just snap into place - Yunho and Jaejoong fall in love before theirs could.

 
WEEK NINE 49.2k

★ [prompt074] by habitate
First Love, First Snow | R/NC-17 | romance, omega!verse | 11.8k
For centuries the alphas of the North have sought out omegas of the South as their companions. For centuries matched couples have found harmonious life with each other. For centuries the alphas of the Jung family have taken the omegas of the Kim family as their rightful mates. So what happens when Yunho falls for the beautiful alpha brother of his betrothed instead and can't get him out of his head no matter how hard he tries?

★ [prompt037] by anonymous z
Closure | PG-13 | drama, fluff, slice of life | 8.5k
Ten years after the split, they have come back again. Together. Because everyone kept faith to make their dream come true. for being one. Eternally.

★ [prompt003] by Yamine_y
Adagio | TW/PG-13 | drama, romance, angst | 21.6k
A struggle to recover all that has been lost.

★ [prompt039] by farahminnie
Our Baby Bean | PG-15 | fluff, drama, au | 7.3k
Bored with everyday ordinary experiments on animals, Yunho and Jaejoong decide to play God and create a human embryo without any egg cells. It doesn't quite go as they had planned.

 
WEEK TEN 28.4k

★ [prompt354] by habitate
Kiss it Better | R | humor, fluff | 6.3k
It’s general knowledge that your soulmark tingles in the presence of your soulmate. It’s also general knowledge that there’s not way of telling who your soulmate is when you’re together in a packed elevator and it’s really rude to ask.

★ [prompt085] by LetsMeetInOurDreams5
An Unlikely Roommate | NC-17 | horror, comedy, romance, supernatural | 14.1k
Yunho moved in his new apartment. But nowhere in the rental agreement was mentioned that he'll have to share it with a mood-swinging demon who, even with the bestest intention, kept frightening the out of him.

★ [prompt091] by starkookies (kas2umi)
Don't Open, Fireflies Inside | PG | fluff, kid!fic, friendship | 2.2k
Yunho and Jaejoong first meet at the age of five when they became neighbors. That same summer, they go firefly hunting together.

★ [prompt036] by ear
Grumpy and Clumsy in Love | PG-13 | crack/comedy, romance, fluff | 5.8k
YunHo didn't know what he found more annoying about his new roommate. His weird sense of humour, hus clumsiness or his infatuation with love songs. Or maybe he was just annoyed that the smooth voice blurting cheesy love songs was slowly taking over his very unromantic heart.

 
WEEK ELEVEN 35k

★ [prompt046] by changyeopsal
Strawberries and Cigarettes | G | romance | 4.5k
Jaejoong gets to sit behind his handsome crush Yunho on his handsome motorcycle to go to school and gets to leave candy love notes on his back pack.

★ [prompt067] by Yamine_y
Lovestruck | PG-13/15 | romance, fluff, humor | 7.2k
Two hopeless lovesick people and friends with more enthusiasm than good ideas, more than ready to help.

★ [prompt308] by shizukanai
Across Time | PG-15 | fantasy, romance, humor, time travel | 10.8k
When Jaejoong suddenly wakes up ten years older and married, which is totally going to be the title of his autobiography, he has to deal with the outcome of decisions he doesn't remember having made as well as reflecting on ty decisions he does.

★ [prompt343] by marti803
Holding Back The Tears | R | nonau, romance, angst, slice of life | 12.5k
DBSK members were going to Gwangju to attend 2009’s Hope Concert and Yunho decided it was the right time to bring Jaejoong home to come out to his parents and tell them about their relationship. The next day while they were singing “Don’t Say Goodbye” at the concert, Jaejoong was seen struggling not to cry in front of thousands of people.

 
FINAL WEEK 37.2k

★ [prompt018] by starkookies (kas2umi)
Call (On Me) | PG-13 | au, humor, fluff | 3.1k
Yunho has had a rough day at work but Kim Jaejoong, a TeleK:com marketer is not having any of that.

★ [prompt342] by BeeCassiopeia
A Sliver between Warbringer and Peacekeeper | W/PG-17 | DOTS!au, retelling, military, drama | 34.1k
In the middle of a dangerous mission, their lives connected through the most special bond. With the promise to meet again, Yunho and Jaejoong parted ways. Only fate had other plans for them. It found pleasure in toying with their hearts.

★ [prompt122] by BeeCassiopeia
Legilimency | PG | HP AU, fantasy, romance | 2k
Love isn’t always fluff and sunshine. Especially when you’re in school. Double especially when your Houses have been nemesis since forever.

★ [prompt260] by starkookies (kas2umi)  *
to be posted soon

 

 

* last final fic will be posted shortly and as a bonus by mods;
notice any mistakes? please let us know!
contact: [email protected] | twitter | curiouscat