2019 Round | reveals and masterlist

☆ #JAEHOEXCHANGE MASTERLIST ☆

Another Round has finished! Before the reveal, as usual, mods would like to thank everyone who participated in this year's Round, be it as a writer, beta, pinch-hitter or reader - the response was awesome and we're happy that we all made this happen. We would greatly appreciate if you could go and fill out this feedback survey and let us know how was your experience for this 2019 Round!

Special shout out to all those who claimed more than one prompt and pitched in for dropped prompts (and honestly, became mvp's in mod's eyes): Najaeri, Yamine_y, ear and Hana_cho.

Thank you all who read the works and left comments for our dear writers! The updated masterlist will be posted to LJ as well as here and shared with the wider YunJae audience. Hopefully, we'll see you all again next year for a bigger, more amazing 2020 Round!

 

WEEK ONE 20.2k

★ [prompt232/19] by _Mirabella_
Booty and the Barista | PG-13 | fluff, romance | 6k
Jaejoong likes wearing booty shorts at home, but nobody else is supposed to see them. Especially not his secret crush, hot barista Yunho.

★ [prompt083/19] by starkookies
(Saw This And) Thought Of You | PG-13 | spn, fluff, humor, romance | 2.6k
Jaejoong runs a test. A boy he's been crushing on his whole college experience passes it with flying colors.

★ [prompt030/19] by TheTransientTako
That Time I Tried to Impress My Neighbor With My (Ex)Roommate's Cooking | PG-13 | au, rom/com | 7.8k
Jaejoong is Yunho's hot new neighbor and executive Michelin star rated chef at a top rated restaurant in Seoul. One day Yunho, a kindergarten teacher and worst cook in South Korea according to Changmin, invites Jaejoong over and "accidentally" passes off his former roommate, Changmin's, cooking off as his own. Thus upon the prospect of a second date, he begs a very reluctant Changmin, a cafe owner, to help him woo the famous chef.

★ [prompt087/18] by Hana_cho
A tale of a cat and a bug | PG-13 | college!au | 2.1k
He went to the costume party to have some fun and there he found him. His partner in costume, the man he fell in love with. Although he was already crushing on someone else.

★ [prompt007/19] by _cucina_
Intermediatus | PG-13 | angst, slight romance | 2.8k
(grey / in-between / almost, but not quite)

★ [prompt110/19] by Najaeri
Lifeline | TW/R | angst, drama, romance | 7.1k
Yunho was struggling. He was losing his fame, his money was declining and his dreams were shattering. So was his will to live.

★ [prompt149/19] by QueenMoona
Smoky Heart | PG-13 | romance, mpreg, fluff | 22k
Yunho is struggling to plan a proposal without Jaejoong figuring out, while Jaejoong is trying to figure out a way to tell Yunho he’s pregnant.

 
WEEK TWO 50.4k

★ [prompt238/19] by doctorbanana
Felix Felicis | PG-13 | slice of life | 2.8k
Jaejoong doesn't like quidditch, but Jaejoong likes Yunho and Yunho likes quidditch. So Jaejoong likes quidditch.

★ [prompt228/19] by Najaeri
Reticent | TW/R | angst, drama, romance | 9.4k
Jaejoong could see people's life clocks in different parts of their body. He envied them when they had more time than his and he felt sad when they were minutes away from death. But he only had two weeks to live. Thinking of the impossibility to live as far away from him.

★ [prompt103/19] by standbymyfivegods
浮世 (Ukiyo) | G | slice of life, romance | 2.2k
Two solo travelers met at the train somewhere in Japan, while doing their own solo trip around the country. Seated side by side, both started talking and sharing their own stories. Each one has their own version of 'self-healing'.

★ [prompt029/19] by xxHabixx
The Chance of Love | R | romance, drama, comedy | 7.6k
There’s a very thin line between love and hate, especially when it comes to your own soulmate.

★ [prompt177/19] by hyunumi
Under the same sky, with you | G | slice of life, romance | 5.7k
It has been a year since he settled in the quaint, small town, and a year since he met Yunho. They had never exchange more than a hello, and small, polite conversation. Will this year passes like any other year, or will this year Jae will finally pluck the courage and do something different.

★ [prompt207/19] by shinehima
Toussaint Stratagem | PG-13 | slight angst, fluff, a/b/o verse | 21.1k
Do we pair and shall we craft our own Cartier?

★ [prompt109/19] by Najaeri
Empyrean | PG-13 | angst, thriller | 10.3k
Jaejoong learned everything that came with being an angel from his master, Yunho. But then he fell and he swore to make him regret his decision... That was until he committed a mistake himself.

 
WEEK THREE 50.4k

★ [prompt159/19] by Yamine_y
Kicking and Screaming | NC-17 | romance, humor | 17.2k
Actor Jaejoong had a losing streak in work and now he’s going through hell after seeing himself forced to act in a drama along with the most hated person for him, the perfectionist Jung Yunho. Maybe he’s going to face more challenges than he ever imagined.

★ [prompt041/18] by Dear_J-ane
Picture Of You | PG | fluff, romance, humor | 8.5k
Taking a week off from their busy lives, a group of celebrities are sent to explore the magic found upon the streets of Paris. Would eight days and seven nights be enough for them to gain new experiences and connect deeper with their fellow co-stars?

★ [prompt127/19] by ear
48 Hours | TW/R | supernatural, thriller | 17.5k
Eight horrible murders have shaken a small town and have led it to take precautionary measures. A shocking ninth abduction brings Detective Jung YunHo into the scene. Will he and his team be able to save the ninth victim alive?

★ [prompt106/19] by Ahbani
Why so much drama? | PG-15 | magical!AU; HP!AU | 10.1k
By the times of the Triwizard Tournament, Jeajoong Malfoy tries to approach Yunho Potter. Since their rivalry has no reason to be and they "make" their obstacles aside as a way to tell it.

★ [prompt044/19] by foodiemin
Fata Morgana | TW/R | tragedy | 6.4k
Schizophrenia (n): a long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behaviour, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation. And Yunho's rapidly losing sense of reality was a catastrophe waiting to happen. To him. And to them.

★ [prompt162/19] by haektuans0626
From Then On, Until Now | PG | romance, slight angst | 10.1k
After leaving Jaejoong to choose his career over 5 years ago, Yunho wonders why he feels empty despite having everything. A forgotten picture hidden in his favorite book might give him the answer.

★ [prompt206/19] by changyeopsal
Arranged | PG-13 | romance | 11.8k
Jaejoong from the Kim family was set to be married to Yunho from the Jung firm.

 
FINAL WEEK 37.2k

★ [prompt250/19] by Hana_cho
A lover’s quarrel by Jung Yunho or How Yunho tries to get into Jaejoong’s pants | NC-17 | | 3.4k
Kim Jaejoong, a young professor of literature, asks his students to write a short story for their exams. He didn’t expect to read something so ually explicit. Bold of him to underestimate the young Yunho.

★ [prompt062/19] by BeeCassiopeia
To the Only Boy I’ve Loved Before | PG-13 | romance, slice of life, contemporary | 4.5k
Jaejoong spent his whole senior high school years writing letters. Love letters actually. He never worked up the courage to send them. Now years later, he was finally ready to close that chapter of his life, but there's a problem. All his letters had vanished!

★ [prompt 236/19] by ear
Another Gay High School Romance | PG | romance | 8.6k
JaeJoong is certified as the average high school nerd: he wears thick glasses, reads an excessive amount of books and has nerdy friends. He however is not the top of the class (that position is ruled by one best friend – or tease – ChangMin) and not very shy of words. Oh, and he is totally head over heels with the basketball captain. Of course he is shy of words.

★ [prompt 025/19] by shizukanai
Mr. Jung's Daycare | PG | romance, fluff, office!AU, pre-relationship | 7.7k
When Jaejoong's babysitter faces an emergency and leaves Jaejoong with no other option than taking his son to work with him, he discovers that Mr. Jung ist not only great at doing business but also amazing at handling curious toddlers.

★ [prompt 085/19] by Yamine_y
Amici e Rivali | PG-15 | fluff, humor, slice of life | 3.4k
Junsu and Yoochun adopted two new pets that hate each other. The couple is patient with the animals but if they don’t get along, they’re going to be separated permanently.

 

 

notice any mistakes? please let us know!
contact: [email protected] | twitter | curiouscat