mars | five

angel // markhyuck

  I have no reason to be upset. The tears that keep falling feel selfish and fake, I shouldn't be crying. I got what I wanted didn't I? To be on Earth, face to face with the boy that was studying in his quiet room erasing the answer that didn't make a lot of sense to him. I shouldn't be crying.

  Sitting balled up in the corner of a room, in a house you're not very familiar in, with two other people staring at you isn't exactly ideal. Jaemin is kneeling down next to me with his hand in my hair, playing with it softly to try and calm me down. I want to leave this place; I want to go home and never ever come back down to Earth again, I wish I would have never fell in love with Mark Lee. I hate the way his stupid face crumples up when his laugh is genuine, I hate his stupid curls, and I hate how concerned he looks right now. I hate him so much it makes me love him all over again.

  The tears stopped but my eyes still sting and my face feels heavy. I'm in pain, emotional and physical. The only person I want to see right now is Jeno– I want to see his eye smile that cheers everyone up, I want to hug him one more time, I just want to see him. I'm being selfish, I know. Getting what I want and only pushing it away when it's not what I expected it to be.

  "Do you want some water, Hyuck? Maybe something to eat, I know how hungry you must be."  Jaemin moves my hands away from my face and wipes away the tears with a tiny smile. I hate it.

  I hate it but I nod anyway and that makes me hate it even more. Why is he so pretty?  I don't like how pretty he is, did I mention that? He nods back and I still hate it. I hate it,  I hate it, I hate it!!

  "I made ramen since it's the only thing I can make without it burning all to hell." Mark chuckles, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "You've had ramen before right? I've never met someone who hasn't so–"

  "Mark," Jaemin helps me up and wraps an arm around my shoulders, "you're rambling."

  "Oh, sorry. I do that a lot, just tell me to shut up when I ramble." He chuckles again. His chuckle is so cute and so quiet I almost don't hear it, yet I do and it makes me smile. The first real smile I've had since my abrupt arrival. However, it almost makes me want to cry again. 

  "Don't worry, Markus, I can definitely do that for you." 

  | | | | | |

  I was quite nervous about the noodles sitting in front of me, they didn't look too appetizing. They were a weird shape and had a weird smell, I wasn't too appreciative about the texture either. I tried it anyway, though; I know when to reject offerings. 

  They were surprisingly good. It must have been very evident that I liked the small bowl of weird textured noodles because when I looked up Mark's eyes were wide, staring right at me.

  "Is there something on my face?" My eyebrows furrow a little bit, I reach up to touch by my mouth and feel around a little bit while I wait for an answer.

  "No, there's nothing." He pushes his soft blond hair out of his eyes, blinking finally. "You just ate that really fast, like... Really fast."

  "Like I said before," Jaemin doesn't look up when he puts food in his own mouth, "he's really hungry."

  It's silent in the room I was in an hour ago. I'm sitting on the bed a little closer to Mark than I would like to be, Jaemin sitting in front of us with a blank face. I find it awkward, Mark is picking at the little fuzzies on his sweater while Jaemin stares at me, waiting for me to say something that sounds crazy; he's waiting for me to make a fool out of myself, I know it.

  "So," Mark breaks the silence, "Donghyuck is it?" He looks at me, smile small but still bright.

  "Yeah, that'd be what some people call me now." I spare Jaemin a short glance but get nothing in return, his eyes holding no emotion. They're stormless and dark, but still so beautiful.

  "Where did you come from? Or, what happened to you? When you showed up you looked severely injured, I got worried for you even if I didn't know who you were. Are you alri–"

  "You're rambling again, Mark." I want to curse Jaemin for sounding so monotone. He looked so happy and joyous whenever I saw him with Mark before. When Jeno told me about him he made Jaemin sound so... Colorful. 

  Wait. If Jaemin was a fallen angel, why did he have a Gaurdian? No fallen angel is worthy of having someone look after them, theres no possible way he could have one. But he did, he does. Is that what Jeno saw? Jaemin's scars on his back? I remember saying I didn't want anymore questions, I still don't but I have so many. So many unanswered questions no one would give me answers to. This must be how Jaemin felt.

  "Well, to answer your questions," I might as well give him answers if I'm not getting any, "I come from a place far away. Somewhere people have heard of but don't really pay attention to." 

  He nods along, smiling when he has something to say, "So, like me? I came from Canada! That's far away and people don't pay attention to it, did you come from Canada too?"

  Jaemin chuckles, a small snort can be heard shortly after. His shoulders bounce once, then twice, a couple times before I speak again. I hate how cute he is.

  "No, not quite Canada. A little further." Add as much emphasis as you'd like on 'little'. "And, what happened to me? I told you, I fell. From a very high place!" My arm stretches as far as it can above my head, my hand reaching for the ceiling. 

  Mark's eyes follow my hand and his eyes are wide like a child's. "How are you even alive?"

  "I was barely living before I got here." Jaemin's head turns towards mine slowly, his orbs finally holding an emotion. Was it pity? It was something awfully close to showing unneeded forgiveness that's for sure.

  The boy with short pink hair is about to speak when we hear the front door open and shut loudly. 

  "Yo, uh, guys? Your steps are very–" the intruder's footsteps are getting closer, soon a head pokes into the room, "–your steps look a little too much like a murder scene."

  "Learn how to knock next time, please." Jaemin stands up, he goes to grab the very recognizable man and drag him into the room with a small roll of his eyes, "We have company and I don't want you to scare him off."

  The light haired male seems confused, "Compan– oh. Hi?" He tries to mask his confusion with a big smile, pearly whites on display for everyone to see. 

  "Donghyuck, this is–"

  "Yuta. It's Yuta, right?" I let the words out of my mouth before I even have a chance to stop myself, my hand clamps over my mouth quickly.

  He doesn't seem as creeped out as I thought he would be from a complete stranger knowing his name, he just chuckles and nods. Don't tell me he's a fallen angel too... That wouldn't make sense, Donghyuck. Just shut up and only speak when spoken to.

  "So, movie night as usual? The others should be getting here in like an hour." Yuta checks the time on his phone, nodding his head a couple times before shoving the device in his back pocket. "Do the boys know we have an addition? You didn't message the group chat, Markus."

  "Oh, uh, he was unexpected?" He doesn't sound too believable, making the statement seem more like an inquiry than anything else.

  Yuta is so much more different than his Gaurdian. Dong Sicheng and Nakamoto Yuta are completely unlike each other. If I didn't know any better I'd say it'd have to do with something about opposites being attracted to the other. I almost miss Sicheng. That dumb, old, stupid Dong Sicheng is an angel I never thought I'd miss. Can he see me too? I hope he does, and I hope he misses me too. I don't want to be forgotten like Jaemin did; I don't see why anyone would ever want to forget him, though. 

  "Donghyuck? You lost?" A hand is being waved in front of my face, Mark's hand.

  "In thought." I throw a small smile his way, instantaneously looking back at my hands that are resting in my lap. I start picking at the stray threads coming out of the borrowed jeans im wearing, easily drifting off into my own world once more. It's something I always catch myself doing, I never found a reality in the previous world i was living in but I can't seem to find anything realistic in this world either. Why am I always doing things by myself?