venus | four

angel // markhyuck

  "I'm sorry, Donghyuck! Donghyuck, I'm so sorry, I didn't–" Jeno chokes out a sob and breaks down onto his knees trying to breathe, "I didn't mean to– mean to say anything, I promise! It was an accident, please believe me..."

  A few tears of my own spill, as I settle on my knees to be level with the sobbing boy. "Jeno Lee, it is not your fault, you hear me?" 

  I put my thumb and index finger under his chin to make eye contact, he nods twice and wipes his tears before hugging me the hardest he ever has. I'll miss him; but I'll always remember his touch, I promise not to forget it. I promise I won't forget you, Jeno.

  "I wont forget you either, Donghyuck..." His grip somehow gets tighter and his eyes squeeze shut as hard as they can.

  "I'm sorry, I didnt mean to say that out loud." I chuckle lightly, making him do the same; I've always liked it when I could make him laugh.

  "Donghyuck, it's okay to let your feelings out sometimes." Jeno sighs deeply before pulling away with his hands still on my shoulders, "And I'm sorry I let your feelings out for you this time, if it weren't for me you wouldn't be leaving, you would sta–"

  "Jeno, hey," I wait for his eyes to meet mine, wanting to be sure he understands fully, "it's not your fault. And I'll be going down to Earth, just like we talked about! I'll let you know what it's like, everyday, okay?" Another tear.

  "Okay..." He pulls away when he sees Kun appear behind me. He startled me by putting his hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him and immediatley stand up to face him directly, 

  "Kun, I'm–"

  "You don't need to be sorry for anything, Hyuck. You just need to be sure Mark doesn't die, okay?" The Chinese male laughs as his own eyes water but no tears fall, which I'm glad for. I don't want anymore crying today.

  "I'll be sure of that, Kun." I hug him quickly before Yukhei takes my shoulder in his hand again, I've really come to hate him. I shouldn't hate him for i don't even know anything about him, but he makes my guts twist in displeasure. If he never showed up to my door I wouldn't be leaving, if he didn't take me to that stupid Temple I thought I would love being in, I wouldn't be falling to the ground right now.

  Oh right, the ground. I just hit it; and I was right about the broken and the bruised and the bloodied. I was wrong about getting help, no one can help me now. I have no Gaurdian to watch after me, the one I had casted me out.

  There's a blurry light in front of me, not like the one I saw behind the golden gate, no, nothing like that. This light is getting wider, almost like a door is opening and letting it reach the night outside. And that's when it hit me harder than the ground, I'm in front of a house. A house with cute little wooden stairs and a cute little wooden porch with a red rug in front of the door. Something a little less cute is the yelling that's coming from the open door as I try to crawl to the steps.

  "Uh, Mark? Mark! Mark, I think someone is hurt!" The person yelling steps closer to me and I try not to flinch at the name being spoken, Mark? "Holy , you might need to call an ambulance, there's blood everywhere!" 

  An ambulance? No, not when I'm this close to Mark, I can't leave now. 

  "No," my throat hurts when I croak out words of disapproval, "No, no can't have– I can't have an ambulance. I–"

  "Hey, shh, stop speaking it'll just put you in more pain. And are you kidding?" The boy with pretty pink hair questions with a small later of sarcasm, "You look like you just fell out of the sky, you need an ambulance."

  "That's the thing," he tries to make me quiet again, but I wave my hand in the air before swallowing thickly, "I did fall from the sky."

  His eyes widen into huge saucers, "You did too?"

  What?

  | | | | | | 

  "Holy , he looks like a bus hit him into an explosive wall–"

  "Shut the hell up, Mark." The boy with pink hair I've soon recognized to be Jaemin only makes Mark more confused by telling him to not call the ambulance anymore. Did he believe me? Why doesn't he think I'm crazy yet?

  "Did you not hear me say what he looks like?!" Mark yells as Jaemin holds onto me, walking into the bathroom, "We have to call an ambulance, we'd be insane if we didn't! Jaems, we don't have enough Band-Aids to cover even half of his injuries!"

  "I'll be," I wince when I get set on the bathtub's ledge, "I'll be okay." It's hard to hear what I say most of the time, but Mark still looks concerned.

  "He probably has every bone broken, a concussion at least!" The blond points at me and groans, "What did you even do to get hurt this bad, Kid?"

  Excuse you, that's no way to talk to the person who looked after you for your whole life. 

  "I fell." Mark rubs at his temples but he shuts up and stays quiet for the most part.

  Jaemin grabs the front of my blood stained and ripped up gown, tugging gently at the little ribbon to let me know he's about to take it off, but Mark stops him to ask a question.

  "Are you wearing anything underneath or do you need to... Cover up?" Mark's face heats up, his hand moving to hold his left forearm.

  I shake my head when I understand what he's trying to get at, Jaemin sighs when Mark runs into his room to grab most likely a pair of boxers for me to borrow. He comes back in no later than thirty seconds, he hurriedly hands the simple undergarment to me and makes sure Jaemin looks away when he did.

  "Okay, they're on." My voice sounds smaller than I would like it to. It makes me sound weak and I don't like being weak; I'm supposed to stay strong and protect the people around me, not be weak. Donghyuck Lee is a strong, smart, good person.

  "They were clean, right?"

  Mark hits Jaemin's shoulder while his face gets red again, "Yes, you stupid idiot! Why wouldn't they be?" Mark keeps hitting the cotton candy haired boy and it makes me chuckle, for just a moment the dark thoughts go away. But it reminds me of Jeno. Does Jeno see me right now? While he's watching over Jaemin right at this moment, can he see how pained I am? I don't want him to see me in this weak state; I can't let him see something a fallen angel feels.  

  A few minutes passed and Jaemin's attention is now back on me while Mark went to make food for all of us. My bloody gown is now in the bathtub and Jaemin starts asking me questions that are making me more confused than I've ever been before.

  "What did you do to make you fall? Not many, uh," he circles his hands in the air, trying to search foe the right words, "not many winged creatures get banished from the place that shall not be named."

  "How did–" before I finish the question, he cuts me off.

  "I know what you are, you don't have to hide it from me, okay? Just tell me your name and why God harmed you in such a way he shouldn't have." Jaemin winces at the long, dark red slashes that line down my back. He rubs the wet wash cloth down them gently and I bite my bottom lip so hard it starts bleeding a little bit.

  "Don't worry, they'll heal quicker than you think. Now," he walks into the other room quick to grab clothes after wrapping bandages on the wounds, "you need to answer my questions or I won't be able to help you. Name and reason."

  "My name is," I clear my throat," my name is Donghyuck; Donghyuck Lee. And he casted me out because I... Well, long story short I fell in love with the person I–"

  "You fell in love with Mark, didn't you? He was your human?" Jaemin snaps his fingers and stands up with wide eyes, "That's why you showed up at the stairs of his house!"

  "If you're asking me questions I deserve an answer to at least one!" Once I'm done putting the oversized sweater that he gave me on, he let's me pull an answer out of him finally.

  "Why do you know so much?" He chuckles at that, oh– now he's full on laughing. But I don't get what's so funny about the serious question I asked.

  "He really did keep me a secret, huh?" The boy shakes his head and sighs, setting his hands on my knees and puts his lips near my ear.

  "I'm a fallen angel, too, Hyuck."