Chapter 06

My numb husband

 

"Please say something" I get impatient and my is burning down on the passenger seat as I'm fidgeting over his silentness.

He has not saying anything yet since we got off from his mother's house five minutes ago. His gaze remains focus on the road, before turning on me in a brief second.

"What?"

"You know I've lied to you" I say, hopping he will say something about it.

"What?"

I growl "Just say something, anything"

"You're weird" That's what slipping off from his mouth.

"Daehyun" There's an unpleasant tone, then I hear him make a sigh

"It's not a big deal, seriously. You are like half lying, didn't you? I mean, at least. You asked my permission." He shrugs.

I have an argue to pull his ear from here, to make sure he's not a sort kind of a robot that has been programmed and sending here, just to accompany me.

"Plus, you do know me that I don't like complicate thing"

"Yeah, but sorry, I still don't know you" I give the fastest response I have ever had.

Here again, he remains silent.

I sneak a glance at him and he doesn't look bother about it which I thought he does. Well, nothing's new to be expected. I throw a gaze out of the window, looking at the evening sky above.

Just a few seconds later, I hear his voice again.

"What did you do with mom?"

I'm surprised he has a little interest on it, or probably it's because involving with his mother which is having him a little need to know.

But, I'm not telling him anyway.

"You don't need to know, unless you were a girl" I nonchalantly answer him, hiding my smile with my gaze still on the window.

It will be good to make him burning with curiosity, so he can pushes me on until he gets the answer.

"Oh"

Or maybe not. Of course, he would just shrug it off.

The car fills up by the silence again. The radio is turning with such a low volume, but enough for us to listen to the song, since nope of us trying to utter a word.

I lift my hand to the glass window and out of the habit, I run my fingertip over it. Just a moment, my eyes catch on something.

My body straighten automatically "Wait! I mean, Stop!"

Daehyun seems a bit startled by my sudden yell. He turns to look at me "What?"

But still he has no intention to stop the car with his eyebrows wrinkle deep.

"I just remember that we're sort of running out of our groceries. Can we stop by at the grocery store for a while?" I ask, and that's what we have been passed by and caught my sight.

"Okay" He agrees.

"Thank you" I mutter, remembering his empty carbinets and fridge. They need to be filled, easier for me to reach and cook whatever I want. Right now, I'm starting to set the simple menu for tonight.

But I see he just keeps on driving straight. I frown "What are you doing?"

"Take you there"

"I meant, you're supposed to make U-turn just from here" My voice is slightly irritated by his nonchalant behavior.

"I would love if you keep your beautiful mouth shut now" He surprisingly warns me with his monotone voice, staring focus on the road.

I scoff, taking me off guard. My jaw drops open. "What?"

But he chooses to not saying more and I groan.

He is starting to drive me insane.

A few minutes later, I see he pulls into the parking lot. Instead of grocery store, he has taken me to the supermarket. I roll my eyes.

He just could tell me. I really don't understand him.

He said he doesn't like complicate thing, but doesn't he know that he is the one who do that now? I have a trouble to deal with it. His behavior is not helping and I might throw him tantrum. My emotions are not always good though.

Once he kills the engine, we both step out from the car and immediately my hands smooth the clothes I'm wearing.

He starts to step ahead and leave me at the back, after locking his car with his alarm key "Hey"

I jog after him, gladly I wear flat shoes "How dare he makes a pregnant girl like this?" I whimper alone.

Finally I match with his pace. the moment we enter the entrance, he turns to the corner then grab one of the trollies.

He comes to me again while me, waiting with my arms are crossing over my chest.

"What did you eat to suddenly become such an obnoxious like this?"

"Your ramen" He walks pass me.

"Funny" I follow him, then both of us wander around through some of the people. It's not too crowd compared to the weekend. Good! I can shopping without worrying anything.

We go to every sections, grabbing the important things. I also take two big packages of ramen for preparation. Vegetables, Some juices and snacks. Daehyun seems didn't object anything, and the trolley is almost packed by it.

"Doing grocery shopping is the most fun thing I've done" I beam in joy, sliding myself to sauce section, following by Daehyun who are calmly pushing the trolley behind.

Daehyun doesn't have these in his house much, I guess he'd never cook before, especially heavy food because they require such a thing. He probably only have outside food almost all the time during he lived alone.

Now, I'm having a battle on chosing them. It's like four or five brands here which I'm wondering, is there any different with it? I believe they taste the same. Aren't them? I scan the two bottles in my hands back and forth with a deep frown on my face. Of course, I'm not going to ask Daehyun, Knowing his answer is not going to be the one that I want though.

"I'll pick this one" I whisper low to myself. At the end, I give up and take the same one that I saw in Daehyun's mom house. We have used it earlier when we made a lunch.

Nodding to myself, I turn around on my heel and to be greeted by Daehyun's gaze on me. I ignore it and place the thing inside of the trolley. When I look up again, he still has not taking off his eyes on my face "What?"

The confusion obviously written on my face. Did I get something on my face?

He is so expressionless, then slowly he shakes his head "Nothing"

I don't believe him. I look down at myself for momentarily. Don't tell me..

"Perhaps, Are you actually ashamed having me around?"

He lifts his eyebrow, more like questioning sign.

"The way I'm wearing my clothes is not really your type, right?" My hand gesture down at my usual outfit. "I'm too old-fashioned" His eyes instantly drop down and observe my orange jumper skirt and a simple white T-shirt inside it. The skirt actually reaches below my knees.

It's not that I'm sad, but for someone like him. My eyes travel back at his fine faetures, with cotton black T-shirt and a button down white shirt are wrapping around his body together. His long-sleeved has been folded until his elbows. This is basically his outfits when he goes to the work. His front hair apart a bit on his forehead, slightly messy. Okay god, he's hot. I can't deny it.

Which is the reason I'm worried, if my appearance defaces him when I stand right next to him.

"Look, I don't care whatever you're wearing, as long as you're comfortable with it" He remarks, staring straight in my eyes.

"And" He pauses "I don't have any ideal type anyway" He admits.

I snicker afterward "Eyy, you're lying. Every person must have their own ideal type, how's that possible you don't-" I stop when his face is all serious, showing me that he is not joking.

I swallow down my saliva "But still, it's pretty weird. Anyhow, the reason I don't put such an effort on dressing up because I'm not that beautiful, don't have a nice body either" why am I even stating this? It's probably I just want to test him out.

"No, you do have it" He cuts me off by surprise and I blink at him, I almost see his corner lips curl a little. Is he smirk?

"The guy won't touch you, if you don't have it" He casually says, eyeing my stomach. I gasp and speechless over his words.

Why he has to bring it up?

I groan, "Yeah, you're right" I let him win, rolling my eyes.

"Guy's lust is quite creepy" I murmur and mean it.

Apparently, he caught my words. "Well, we can't help it, we are born like that" He defends.

I look at him in disbelief. "Seriously?" I mean, did he really need to answer that? He just gives me a shrug before walking again, pushing the trolley.

"Are you done yet?" He asks, looking down at the the stuffs we have been gathering since the beginning.

I'm about to say yes but, then I remember something. "No, there's one thing I want to buy"

He glances at me in curious.

"Let's get Nutella, I don't quite fond with jam" I grin. He just looks at me empty and I skip past him, looking for the section.

Here, once again. When I notice Nutella quite pricey comparing to jam, should I just discard it?

I run my tumb at them in dilemma.

"Yang Seori" I turn around, startling by his voice. The moment I spin around, I find him already stands close with me, towering my small body. I jerk away with my wide eyes.

His hand fastly catch my forearm, holding me fron hitting my back against the big shelf behind me.

"I dan't want to take any responsible on all the damage things that would caused by you" He mutters, referring to the incident that might happen now.

My mouth is ajar, wordless while my eyes lock into his. I can feel he squeezes my arm a bit before opening his mouth again.

"Listen, I just want to tell you, we're going to Jeju Island by this Friday" His low voice makes me hold my breath for some reason.

"Oh" I run my gaze away, with my heart is pounding fast.

His grasp slowly loose, then he lets them go. I don't dare to look at him, as I feel his hand takes the Nutella in my hand "Let's go"

...

Last night, I couldn't make the dinner. We were done shopping was pretty late when the sun had gone down the moment we went out from the supermarket. So, he just took me to the famous restaurant for having our dinner.

I set the tofu soup down the counter along with egg roll. This is the best I could do it. I hope it's turned well. I have went through the internet for the recipes and there's plenty of them. At the end, I chose the easiest one. His mom said, I just can depend on the recipes, and if I follow the instruction well, the result will be good. She just taught me the basic, how to cut it, how to know if the food is ready or not and stuffs.

I see the glimpse of my husband, and he is coming over with all prepared. Today, he wears a navy stripped button down shirt with a black pants. I put down a bowl of rice and offer him a smile.

"Tadah!"

He takes a seat on the chair and stare down at the food.

"I made a special breakfast, C'mon, eat it" I rush him, giving him a spoon and chopstick.

He doesn't question me much. Obediently, he takes a first bite, chewing down slowly.

"How is it?"

He sips the soup for the second time. "Not that good, but still edible"

I slump down "Woah, you're a very honest man" I comment. He doesn't respond on it, as continue eating in silence.

"Maybe I didn't put enough ingredient or I've missed something" I mutter to myself, walking back to take another bowl of rice for me. Well, for someone beginner like me, I can be a bit understanding, instead of being offended.

Once I sit beside him I taste my own food and he's right, there's like something missing about the soup and the egg roll is a bit overcooked. I take a quiet sigh.

"But your rice is.. excellent. It cooked well" Daehyun suddenly says.

Honestly, I'm more surprised by his compliment, then the rice itself.

"Yeah, it's because my mom used to force- I mean, she used to ask me to cook rice, so I'm quite good doing it" I confess.

He nods and we both eat without saying anything anymore.

"Anyway, I need you to know that I might going to your mom's house quite often" I say, after swallowing my food.

He gives me a simple 'hum'

"And, do you want me to help you packing your clothes?"

He stops eating and looks at me.

"I mean, for this Friday. You know, about we, going to.." I find myself difficult to even say the word 'Honeymoon'

"No, I'll do it myself" He cuts me off, and I smile nervously.

"Okay then"

 

 

 

 

 

 


Did you know, in korea woman's surname doen't change even after they get married. Heol, I just found out lol 

 

I think, this story is starting to be boring lol.. Thank you for reading anyway huhu