Chapter 05

My numb husband

 

 

Early in the morning, I crash to his room without knocking "Hey Daehy-"

And has been greeting by him who are wearing nothing but the only white towel around his waist. Oh.

"I'm sorry!" My voice dramatically goes one octave, shutting the door back. My chest is running fast as I hold my breath while facing the closed door.

I forgot he just took a shower, which preparing himself to go to work.

"It's fine, come it" I hear his voice on the other side of the door and I Inhale deep. I do as he told me when I push the door open again and I found myself blush a bit. I thought he had fully dressed up but, nope. He is still in the same awkward condition. I mean, this is definitely awkward. I'm slightly mad because he doesn't look as panic as I am. At the same time, I curse myself for coming at the wrong time.

However I hate to admit it, but his body doesn't disappoint me either. I sort of liking them in silence. He has that appealing torso which I found myself hard to breath in a proper way and those muscle arms of his are secretly going to be my favorite.

Oh, damn it. I need to pull myself together, because this kind of admiration, I have stupidity let myself 'made love' with someone willingly. Just at the thought, I have an argue to roll my eyes but, hold it in.

"What's up?" His low voice brings me back to reality. I focus again, and watching him turning his on me as he takes his ironed clothes that laying neat on his bed, probably he did it himself because I have not dare to touch his things yet in the house, including ironing his clothes. Except the kitchen.

"Well, I'm here.." I try to recall back what has brought me here at the first place, as I take a sigh of relief when he slips in his shirt over his head.

"I just want to ask, can I go visit my parent today?"

His eyes dart to mine immediately as a frown formed "Why you're asking me?"

He doesn't look annoyed, but more to confusion.

"It's because I'm your wife" I give a clear reason, shrugging.

But it doesn't sound valid for him when he raises his eyebrow at me.

Seriously, I inhale again.

"Look. You have a big responsibility on me now, so you deserve to know where I'm going, what I'm doing, with who I'm with. I'm particularly under your care entirely and your permission is a need if I want to go out from this house. Aren't those apply to the marriage rules? Besides, my father didn't pass me to you to-"

"Okay, I get it. You can go" He cuts me off right away before I could even give him a long speech. He probably couldn't stand it, as his face looks a bit regret of asking me a minute ago. I try not to giggle at him as a wide smile appears on my lips.

He turns around and his hand grabs one of his drawers.

"By the way, breakfast is almost ready" Actually, I'm surprised I started to wake up early which I never did before when I was single. I think the spirit has lingering in me due to the fact I got a man in my life. I feel like the role is strongly important to me to carry, despite Daehyun doesn't look like he cares about it.

"Hmm" His simple respond greets me as always.

I'm still not budging on my spot again, still leaning against his door frame as I continue "Did you get enough sleep?"

Regarding to last night, I don't think he did.

It takes four seconds before he faces me back "I'm pretty sure you don't want to watch me wearing this right now, right?" He shows me a plain black boxer in his hand with that insincere smile on his face.

I flinch "What!?"

Instantly, my face flushes red "Of course not!" I turn around in a wave of panic coming through my body.

"I-I will wait you at the kitchen room" I stutter a bit, and quickly leaving his room in hasty.

...

"You want me to take you there?" He asks, after sitting right next to me. I look at him who are already fully dressed and his fancy cologne hits right through my nostrils. The smell is very nice, not too strong and I've been liking them since I first sniffed it.

I pass him a bowl of ramen that I've prepared and put a mug which filled by coffee. I don't eat breakfast, instead I only made myself with a drink just same like him. I calmly take a sip "No, no need. I'll call a taxi or probably book an uber later. I'll go at noon by the way, It's still early though"

He just listens there while slowly eating without saying anything more. I glance at him with the corner of my eyes. He doesn't look like he is here despite his body is. I noticed he will always lose in a deep thought of himself with that lonely eyes of his. I'm not sure if I feel sympathy or care about it, but it's starting to be my concern each time I observe it.

The sound he is slurping his noodle greets my ears as I chew on my lower lip. I've lied to him. I'm not going to my parent's house but his Instead. I don't know why I couldn't bring myself to tell him the truth, but I'm afraid he might dislike that I close with his family since we're not yet.

"Erm, Do you mind if I want to do chores in your house someday?" I break the ice between us.

"Just in case" I add, since I was thinking I probably have to, but of course I need his permission first. I don't want him to leave bad impression on me. I mean, about touching his things freely. He might doesn't like it, who knows.

Also, I think with that, it could less my boredom at least.

"You are nineteen, right?" He returns me with an unexpected question instead.

I tilt my head and ours gaze meets "Yeah, why?"

"Nothing" He goes back to eat his ramen.

What's he thinking? That's so sudden and random and I'm dying to know, but I swallow dowm my curiosity. I don't want to appear annoying in his eyes.

I can't guess, if he is still in doubt keeping me as his wife which I never forced to, or he just feel bother about me being pregnant at such of my age. I know, I'm an idiot, totally such a blockhead but there's no turning back. We both know that.

And to the father of this baby, if I could I want to flip his head off his body. He was the reason this kind of thing happened. I couldn't believe I lost my first time to him just like that. Here again, because I'm an idiot.

I take a deep breath to calm myself back, when the anger suddenly grows in me, but at the same time, I don't want to jump into any speculation about what he has been thinking or judging about me. Quickly, I shake the thought away.

I'm about to repeat my first question but he cuts me off.

"I don't mind honestly, but where did you get the idea that this is only my house? It's yours too since you're living here with me" His dark eyes penetrate into mine seriously.

I blink, leaving me in a tigh-lipped. I don't know how to respond him, but his words successfully brings butterflies inside of my stomach.

I turn away, gripping the arm of my mug nervously.

"Okay" I mumble against the mug before taking another short sip.

"I hope you don't consider yourself as a guest in this house. If you're wife, then act like it. I bet you're already know what a wife supposed to do, right? Don't ask me such a question again" He's done with his breakfast as he grabs the empty bowl and mug along before getting up.

"Eh, Why he is talking so much today?" I mutter to myself, confusing.

I see his hand opens the water in the sink, I immediately stop his action "Leave it there, I'll wash it for you"

He did and begin to head to the living room. I manage to catch his words where he thanks me for the breakfast and five minutes later, he has gone to his work, leaving me alone with a sigh escaping my mouth.

...

By the time I arrived the place, his mother Mrs Jung Minjun greets me warmly and I give her a little hug before she leads me in with a big smile on her face. I know, she has approved my presence in this family and we both kind of have a strong bond between us and I feel delight with it. It's rare to be closed with your mother-in-law without any boundary, I'm happy I could make it.

"You can place your stuff in Daehyun's room first, before we start the lesson" She says, patting at my back. I look at her before I nod.

"Come here again, after you're done, okay?" She leaves me and disappears toward the kitchen room.

My lips break into a bright smile. That's the plan. His mother had gladly offered me to teach me cooking and she was agreed it with openhanded. At first, I thought maybe I could ask some help from my mother, but she said since Mrs. Jung offered herself first, why not I give her a chance? I think it's a worth to try.

Before I climb the stairs, I glance over at the brown wood cabinet in the living room with the photos framed arranged tidily on the top of it. I have been looking at that since the first time I got here. It's kind of strange because there is something missing at those called 'family photos'. In fact, all his family is there, in every frame from old time, except him. I can't find his photos when he was younger. The only one he has, is the one that hanging at the wall and it's when he was in graduation day in university, which taken with both of his mother and father, but other than that it's just his parent and his older brother there.

I don't understand and I believe there's must be an unspoken reason behind it. I hope I can figure out it soon, yet for now I don't want to ask anything. I'm still new in the family. Need to adapt myself beforehand.

I come back downstairs after placing my crossbody purse in my husband's room. Bluntly, the room is just an another common room, I bet maybe because he had not stay here anymore which is why they look more like a guest room to me.

"Did Daehyun know you're here?" The first thing his mother says the moment she saw me enter the kitchen .

I hesitate "Er.. Yes"

My hand ruffles a beautiful white dog in my arms where I've found him in the living room a minute ago. I have been told before, this is Daehyun's pet, but he left him with his family after getting married with me. I mean, if he brings his dog in the apartment, I wouldn't actually mind.

His name is Ganji. I put him down on the floor before joining Mrs Jung who is chopping down the onions there with the other ingredients are on the way.

"Are we making a lunch?" I stand beside her in the counter who are already in her apron.

"Yes, and here let me teach you how to cut all of these before we start to cook it. They need the right technique to make food looks good." Her voice is soft and relax and make me feel less awkward. Thanks god, she is so easy going which having me breath in relieved.

"Really? I didn't know that" I shamefully admit, and she smiles.

"Now you're already know. Shall we start now?"

"Yes, Of course! Wait a second" I grin and rush to the sink to wash my hands.

She managed to make sure if I'm okay with the smell of the food, and I guess I am. So I stay there, all ears hearing her rambling over.

"Can I ask you something, mother?" I break the silence after tasting the food we've made a while ago. We are sitting in the dining table, only both of us.

Her eyes meet mine and her smile grows. She is pretty and quite elegant despite her standard appearance. "Sure, darling"

She is sweet either.

I bite my lower lip "Er.. What.. You know, what did Daehyun tell you about us?"

She frowns for a second

"I mean, the day he came here and spilled the beans" I timidly explain and immediately turns into circle.

"Oh, about that. I thought you know"

"I do" I lie, "But I didn't expect he would go alone without me" I lower my gaze, poking the meal with the chopstick.

"Well, honestly everything he told us had thrown us off." She chuckles, flashing back the moment her son came to them and confessed.

"It just doesn't sound realistic for someone like him. It's so out of the character"

The curiosity inside me rising. I wait for her next words nervously.

"He said he had a crush on you the moment he saw you at the event"

What event? She doesn't tell me detail. I swear I never met him, but I did go to the event the company my father works in.

"But at the time I wanted him to find a girl for him to get married and he did which we thought he didn't, that was when he made the first move to you for trying his luck and you guys started to date secretly, going out together for a few times. Knowing you are the one who was going to marry him, had brought him into a huge joy. He said he got so excited about it, and he thought that's probably the destiny for you guys. It's worked out well and smooth until one day, he said he just loves you so much that he'd lost his control before you guys get married.." She trails off, eyeing me.

I swallow down the saliva before breathing out "Yeah, because I trusted him" I force my smile on my face and she returns happily.

That's a touching love story I've even heard in my life. If he was here, I would give him a big applaud.

Brilliant.

...

I've fallen asleep in Daehyun's room and when I woke up, it's already five in the evening. I'm still in his house. I think my hobby is napping in every evening even since I got married. I'm sure I can't rip off the habit easily.

Quickly, I go to the bathroom and wash my sleepy face. I comb my hair then go downstairs. With the television on, I'm pretty sure Mrs Jung is there in the living room.

"I think, I need to go home no-" I freeze on the last stairs.

"Oh, good thing you're already up Seori. I've called Daehyun to pick you up. You're pregnant, it's not good to be alone outside at this time" His mother sincerely reminds and shows Daehyun who are already staring down at me by the main door.

I feel horror as my voice stuck in my throat.

I think I got caught.

 

 

 

 

 


Hello :) 

I'm Sorry if there's any mistake hehe

Have you listen how Daehyun talks with his dog? with that low voice of his? If you have not, I suggest you to prepare your heart hehe.

👇 👇 

Ganji